Democrats, if you had known...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:10:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Democrats, if you had known...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats, if you had known...  (Read 628 times)
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2017, 08:47:51 PM »

... in 2012 that Donald Trump would become President in 2016 if Obama won re-election would you have voted for Mitt Romney to prevent that? Let's say that every other factor in the 2016 election remains the same, and the only thing that could have stopped Trump is Romney's victory, would you have done it?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 08:51:13 PM »

As much as I love President Obama, yes, absolutely. And I'm certain Hillary Clinton would've defeated Romney in 2016.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:58:30 PM »

I wasn't old enough to vote.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I love Obama. But I'd do it in a heartbeat. At least w/ Romney as President, I'd know that he'd truly believe that what he's doing as President, he's doing for the betterment of the American people. W/ Trump, he's doing what he needs to do as President for the betterment of Donald Trump.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »

This, and I also wasn't old enough to vote this time.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 12:20:30 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2017, 03:48:39 PM by UWS »

As much as I love President Obama, yes, absolutely. And I'm certain Hillary Clinton would've defeated Romney in 2016.

I don't think so that Hillary would have defeated Mitt Romney. Three reasons :

1. In real life, unemployment rate was reduced from 7,8 % to 4,7 % and if Romney won, it would have been reduced at either the same rate or lower than 4,7 % mostly due to Romney's business experience.

2. Had Romney won in 2012, defense spending would have increased, which would have weaken ISIS much more than in real life and ISIS' territory would have been more reduced. President Romney would have been more active at supporting materially and strategically Ukraine against Russia in 2014 so he would have been a stronger opponent to Russia's expansionist policies than Obama was and Putin would have been weaker.

3. One of the things that doomed Hillary Clinton is the emailgate and if she faced incumbent President Mitt Romney, her performance in the electoral college would have been worse and she would have lost the popular vote.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 06:54:56 PM »

I don't think so that Hillarywould have defeated Mitt Romney. Three reasons :

1. In real life, unemployment rate was reduced from 7,8 % to 4,7 % and if Romney won, it would have been reduced at either the same rate or lower than 4,7 % mostly due to Romney's business experience. [citation needed]

2. Had Romney won in 2012, defense spending would have increased, which would have weaken ISIS [citation needed] much more than in real life and ISIS' territory would have been more reduced. President Romney would have been more active at supporting materially and strategically Ukraine against Russia in 2014 so he would have been a stronger opponent to Russia's expansionist policies than Obama was and Putin would have been weaker.

3. One of the things that doomed Hillary Clinton is the emailgate and if she faced incumbent President Mitt Romney, her performance in the electoral college would have been worse and she would have lost the popular vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies