Place your bets: What are Trump next EOs going to be about?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:56:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Place your bets: What are Trump next EOs going to be about?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Place your bets: What are Trump next EOs going to be about?  (Read 464 times)
GlobeSoc
The walrus

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2017, 09:08:15 PM »

Going after LGBT rights is a big one that's floating around. Any other possibilities for EOs?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:09:10 PM »

I wonder what will happen to the whole "he's not a moral crusader" talking point once he finally does it. I fully expect him to, soon.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:10:38 PM »

1) Something economic populisty, maybe raising the national minimum wage to $10.
2) Something the opposite of that, along the lines of "right to work."
3) Something anti-drug, maybe re-illegalizing pot in the states where it's legal.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »

1) Something economic populisty, maybe raising the national minimum wage to $10.
3) Something anti-drug, maybe re-illegalizing pot in the states where it's legal.

Isn't medical pot legal in the majority of states or somewhere around there? Won't that require a f--kton of people to enforce?
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 09:14:51 PM »

Isn't medical pot legal in the majority of states or somewhere around there? Won't that require a f--kton of people to enforce?

Yeah, I meant recreational marijuana. That being said, I don't know if Trump cares about such minor distinctions, or how hard "enforcement" would be.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 09:17:50 PM »

He's great with the cyber!
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 09:20:17 PM »

Yeah, I meant recreational marijuana. That being said, I don't know if Trump cares about such minor distinctions, or how hard "enforcement" would be.

Yeah, I'm expecting that the day Sessions gets confirmed, hundreds of thousands of people will be marked for arrest across the country for pot possession even if it's a medical prescription, indeed, it would presumably be the easiest to enforce in medical marijuana states because there'd be more records.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 09:20:41 PM »

At least this one doesn't sound all that bad, unless he wants to use it as a vehicle to turn a blind eye to Russia and stick it to the Democrats.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 09:28:31 PM »

At least this one doesn't sound all that bad, unless he wants to use it as a vehicle to turn a blind eye to Russia and stick it to the Democrats.

How would he go about that?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 09:31:07 PM »

Yeah, I'm expecting that the day Sessions gets confirmed, hundreds of thousands of people will be marked for arrest across the country for pot possession even if it's a medical prescription, indeed, it would presumably be the easiest to enforce in medical marijuana states because there'd be more records.

Article 1, Section 9 says among other things:

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

Article 1, Section 10 says, among other things:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 09:33:39 PM »

Article 1, Section 9 says among other things:

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

Article 1, Section 10 says, among other things:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Federal supremacy.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 10:03:11 PM »

This appears to order a bunch of investigations on a 2-3 month timeframe and create a report for him. Still unclear what he's going to actually do once this order has served its purpose to affect cybersecurity.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 10:09:45 PM »

"Lines around the states"
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 10:11:53 PM »

We're gonna get rid of the lines. Do you even listen to him?
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »

Going after LGBT rights is a big one that's floating around. Any other possibilities for EOs?

I'll finally get my ass off the couch to protest if his next EO goes after LGBT rights.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 03:50:29 AM »

Melania will issue an executive order stopping people from bullying others online.

Donald will issue an order regarding trade agreements with China and label them as a currency manipulators.

Donald will blow North Korea up.

The gay community will not be affected. I dont get why people are worried about things that dont exist.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »

Has he done the guns on miltary bases thing yet? The existing ban was a presidential directive so I dont see that lasting much longer.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 12:28:47 PM »

Uh, no.  It's no longer floating.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies