Winfield/Poirot for Atlasia, because, what have ya got to lose?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:01:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/Poirot for Atlasia, because, what have ya got to lose?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Winfield/Poirot for Atlasia, because, what have ya got to lose?  (Read 3053 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:56:00 PM »
« edited: February 06, 2017, 05:06:43 PM by Lincoln Republican »

WINFIELD POIROT  

My fellow Atlasians, after much soul searching, I have made the decision to run for President of Atlasia, again.

I come before you today, as one tested in the political wars, as one battered and bruised in the political trenches, and as one who has experienced the thrill of victory as well as the agony of defeat.

I stand before you today to appeal to you for your votes.

Ya got no jobs

Your schools are a mess

You're living in poverty

What have ya got  to lose by voting for me?

What          have ya got          to lose?

As your President, I will not stand idly by and do nothing while the top 1% controls 48% of the wealth in this nation.

Anyone who controls 48% of the national wealth can afford to pay much more in tax than they are paying now.

We have Hollywood actors getting paid 20 million dollars for a movie.

Anyone making 20 million dollars a movie can afford to pay much more in tax than they are paying now.

We have professional athletes getting paid, in some cases, 20 million dollars a season, some much more.

Anyone making 20 million dollars a season can afford to pay much more in tax than they are paying now.

We have 21st century robber barons on Wall Street sitting at their 50,000 dollar desks, wearing their 5,000 dollar suits, getting paid 10 million a year, 20 million a year, in some cases much more, taking their multi million dollar a year bonuses.

You will remember in 2008 the tax payers bailed out Wall Street to the tune of multi billions of dollars.  Where did millions upon millions of these taxpayer dollars go?  Right into the pockets of multi million dollar a year executives for their salary and for their bonuses, that's where.

Anyone making that kind of money can afford to pay much more in tax than they are paying now.

The income of Corporate Atlasia will be thoroughly reviewed and audited to ensure they are paying their fair share of tax. These corporations, who have benefitted so greatly from doing business in Atlasia, will have to pay their share of tax.  If they are not paying enough, they will have to pay more.

I will close tax loopholes and off shore tax havens for the wealthy.

My focus is on the poor, the working class and the middle class.  

I will not stand idly by while the struggling classes, good, honest, hard working, tax paying members of our society are burdened with tax while the very rich do not pay their fair share.

I propose a very radical redistribution of the tax structure in this nation, so the poor, the working class and middle class have more discretionary income, and the rich and super rich have less.

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 12:37:07 PM »

...Didn't you used to be Mitt Romney's biggest fan? Huh
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »

Certainly interesting.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 03:05:36 PM »

Shy Trump candidate?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 12:06:13 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2017, 06:42:12 PM by Lincoln Republican »

As President, I will launch the largest, most extensive public works program in the history of this nation.

My "Shovels In The Ground Trucks On The Road" policy will be designed to revitalize the Atlasian infrastructure, which will have very positive effects on getting the economy humming, while at the same time modernizing and upgrading the infrastructure.

We will create where necessary and modernize where necessary a cost effective system of roads, highways, bridges, railroads, public transit, tunnels.

We will modernize airports, air traffic control systems, seaports, waterways.

We will create state of the art pipelines to deliver our products to ports for export.

We will create modernized and efficient coal export facilities.

We will not let the coal workers of Atlasia be forgotten.

We will use Atlasian materials made by Atlasian workers in this massive project.

My "Shovels In The Ground Trucks On The Road" policy will create millions of well paying new jobs for Atlasians.

My "Shovels In The Ground Trucks On The Road" policy will make Atlasia more competitive on the world economic stage, will increase wages for Atlasian workers, will reduce the cost of goods and services for Atlasian consumers.  

We will as well undertake a revitalization and upgrading of schools and hospitals where necessary, and as needed, we will undertake the construction of new schools and hospitals.  

We want our people to have the best education and the best medical treatment available.  

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 12:08:10 AM »

If I wanted communism, I'd vote Labor.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 01:20:57 AM »

Edgy.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 02:13:17 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2017, 04:05:48 PM by Lincoln Republican »

My political background:

I have served as Governor of the Northeast, Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast, Speaker of the Northeast Assembly, and a multi term member of the Northeast Assembly.

I have served as an elected delegate to the recent Constitutional Convention.

I have served as a Domestic Advisor to Blair when he was President of Atlasia.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 02:15:34 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2017, 02:17:16 PM by Kalwejt »

You know what, Winfield, I'm endorsing you.

I'd love to mess with you as GM. You'd have so much challenges you'll be tired of challenges.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 12:00:15 PM »

You know what, Winfield, I'm endorsing you.

I'd love to mess with you as GM. You'd have so much challenges you'll be tired of challenges.

Thank  you for your endorsement Kalwejt.

I'm always open for a challenge.  Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 12:14:58 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2017, 03:08:18 PM by Lincoln Republican »

In keeping with my populist policies, I am seeking a Vice Presidential running mate by going directly to the people.

Anyone up to the challenge?

Forward together.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 12:53:24 PM »

I look forward to an engaging campaign, Mr. Winfield.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 02:43:22 PM »

I look forward to an engaging campaign, Mr. Winfield.

Indeed Mr. Speaker.  Thank you.

A substantive discussion on the issues facing this nation, from the diverse perspectives of the various candidates.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 02:50:47 PM »

As President, I will promote and work with Congress in passing a far reaching sensible, and well needed gun control policy.

There have been too many deaths caused by people who should have no right to have any guns in the first place.

Universal background checks for all firearm sales.

Administration to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun and make recommendations to ensure dangerous people aren't slipping through the cracks.

Remove barriers that prevent reporting information on people prohibited from gun ownership for mental health reasons.

Military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines will not be made available to private citizens

Reinstate and strengthen the ban on assault weapons.

Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Ban possession of armor-piercing ammunition by anyone other than the military and law enforcement.

Gun violence research

Administration to conduct research into the causes and prevention of gun violence.

Provide $10 million for additional research on relationship between video games, media images and violence.

Gun safety

Launch a national campaign to promote common-sense safety measures.

Review and enhance safety standards for gun locks and gun safes.

Administration to review gun safety technologies.

Challenge private sector to develop gun safety technology.

More on School safety

Administration to examine the feasibility of placing an armed guard in every school.

Provide incentives for police departments to hire school resource officers through hiring grants.

Give $150 million to school districts and law enforcement agencies to hire school resource officers, school psychologists, social workers and counselors.

Provide $30 million in one-time grants to help school districts develop emergency management plans.

Give schools and other institutions a model for how to develop and implement emergency plans.

Provide $50 million to help 8,000 more schools train their teachers and staff to create safer and more nurturing environments.

Share best practices on school discipline.

Mental health

Provide $55 million for new initiative to make sure students get treatment for mental health issues.

Provide $25 million for strategies supporting individuals ages 16-25 with mental health or substance abuse issues.

Provide $25 million to offer students mental health services for trauma or anxiety.

Provide $50 million to train 5,000 additional mental health professionals serving children and young adults.

Clarify that the health-care law does not prohibit doctors from asking their patients about guns in their homes.

Launch a national dialogue about mental illness.

Finalize requirements for private health insurance plans to cover mental health services.

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/obama-gun-proposals/index.html)

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 03:09:00 PM »

In keeping with my populist policies, I am seeking a Vice Presidential running mate by going directly to the people.

Anyone up to the challenge?

Forward together.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 03:53:58 PM »

tl'dr. Still endorsing you though.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 10:34:16 PM »

Jesus, Mary and Joseph this is straight communism and you are a blue avatar? What issues are you Conservative on?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 11:28:52 PM »

Winfield, so left wing that even Laborites are calling him communist. Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2017, 09:14:16 PM by Lincoln Republican »

I am pleased to announce that Poirot will join me on the ticket as the candidate for Vice President.

Poirot is a man of incredible integrity and tremendous ability who has served Atlasia well and who will continue to work hard for the benefit of all Atlasians as Vice President.

Poirot has a fine record in public service as a member of the Northeast Assembly, and as the Speaker of the Northeast Assembly.

Poirot has also served as a member of the Northeast Election Law Codification Commission.

Poirot has as well shown his commitment to the service of Atlasians as having been a candidate for Governor of the Northeast, as a Senate candidate, as a previous candidate for President, and as a previous candidate for Vice President of Atlasia.  

Poirot has been awarded the President Griffin Founding Fathers Bronze Star Award for his dedication to policy matters within Atlasia's deliberative bodies and for his tireless advocacy of being allowed to hold federal office.

Poirot has been on the ticket once previously with me, and I enthusiastically welcome him to the ticket again, and thank him for his willingness to serve.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 04:13:52 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2017, 03:32:17 PM by Lincoln Republican »

GOVERNOR WINFIELD CAMPAIGNING FOR THE PRESIDENCY DURING HIS CROSS COUNTRY WHISTLE STOP TOUR

TELLS IMPOVERISHED CROWD IN WEST VIRGINIA

VOTE FOR ME AND I'LL END YOUR POVERTY.

WHAT HAVE YA GOT TO LOSE?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 04:38:48 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2017, 03:32:58 PM by Lincoln Republican »

GOVERNOR WINFIELD CAMPAIGNING FOR THE PRESIDENCY DURING HIS CROSS COUNTRY WHISTLE STOP TOUR

TELLS OVERFLOW CROWD IN PENNSYLVANIA, MOST OF WHOM ARE UNEMPLOYED

VOTE FOR ME, AND I'LL PUT YOU BACK TO WORK.

WHAT HAVE YA GOT TO LOSE?

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 05:19:32 PM »

Thank you Winfield for selecting me to be your Vice-Presidential candidate.

Winfield will make a terrific President. He is a proven leader, he is determined, he is smart. Being President he will not lose sight of the goal to improve the lives of ordinary people. He will be there for the people, not because he was backed by one of the major political parties.

It is an honor to be on the same ticket as such an accomplished and compassionate man. 

Try voting for Winfield / Poirot. What have ya got to lose?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 11:16:50 PM »

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm pretty sure it's just my memory playing tricks on me, but I swear we've had a Winfield/Poirot ticket before.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 11:33:09 PM »

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm pretty sure it's just my memory playing tricks on me, but I swear we've had a Winfield/Poirot ticket before.

Yes, please refer to my Reply #18 above where I stated as such.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 11:50:37 PM »

That would be one year ago, February 2016. I guess it's back due to popular demand.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies