Winfield/Poirot for Atlasia, because, what have ya got to lose? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:38:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/Poirot for Atlasia, because, what have ya got to lose? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winfield/Poirot for Atlasia, because, what have ya got to lose?  (Read 3080 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« on: February 06, 2017, 05:19:32 PM »

Thank you Winfield for selecting me to be your Vice-Presidential candidate.

Winfield will make a terrific President. He is a proven leader, he is determined, he is smart. Being President he will not lose sight of the goal to improve the lives of ordinary people. He will be there for the people, not because he was backed by one of the major political parties.

It is an honor to be on the same ticket as such an accomplished and compassionate man. 

Try voting for Winfield / Poirot. What have ya got to lose?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 11:50:37 PM »

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm pretty sure it's just my memory playing tricks on me, but I swear we've had a Winfield/Poirot ticket before.

That would be one year ago, February 2016. I guess it's back due to popular demand.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 05:32:03 PM »

Atlasians, I am here today, before you to make a pledge. As Vice-President, you can count on me to check the government thread every day.

During Atlasian history the office of Vice-President has not been the most active and when the VP was needed, the VP didn't seem to be there. I will be there. If I need to open a nomination thread  ,if I need to replace the President because he is on leave, to contribute to improve legislation on behalf of the administration, to make the liaison between the Congress and administration, I will be there.

I pledge.

Poirot
Winfield / Poirot Presidential ticket  
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 07:13:24 PM »

I'm glad to talk about a part of the population that is a bit forgotten in Atlasia: seniors.
Life expentancy is higher than before and with the baby boom generation getting to retirement age, we have more and more seniors. Older Atlasians have built this nation and it is important  to see to their well being.

Atlasians living in senior's homes should be treaed with dignity and respect. Rent can be expensive and citizens should not be exploited. Are seniors getting thier money's worth? In some places they buy the cheapest food to save money and serve potato in powder instead of real vegetables. Thers have been reports of mental or physical abuse by personnel or family.

We will launch an extensive investigation into the situation in senior's homes across the country on the costs and quality of care given. After that with health professionals, dieteticians, seniors groups, lawyers, there will be standards for things like frequency of baths, quality of menu, hours of activities, background checks on personnel, prices, security and evacuation plans. There could be a possibility for seniors or their families to install montiroing devices like a cam to make sure seniors are treated well. There will be unannounced visits and If a home fails to meet the minimum standards or good practices legal action will be taken.

In old age you start to be powerless and we will make sure people living in seniors homes are treated with the care and respect they deserve.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 11:28:00 PM »

The environment is an issue close to the heart of many and especially young people who will have to live longer on this planet.

We will establish a programme of summer jobs for students related to the environment. This will give students gain work experience. We will help fund projects put forward by regions if they help to preserve or improve the environment, or educate society on environmental issues or climate change. Each region can submit projects so this will also be good for increasing governmental activity in the form of cooperation between the federal and regional governments.

Vote Winfield / Poirot. What have ya got to lose!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 05:08:50 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen,

We are in the last days before the Presidential vote. For a better Atlasia the choice is to vote for Winfield / Poirot. Winfield has run a dynamic and policy intensive campaign and once again showing he would make a great President.

Under President Winfield, more jobs will be created, wealth will be better distributed, our streets and schools will be safer, seniors will be better protected, high health costs will be fought. Those are the kind of things that will improve the daily lives of the average Atlasian.

You could once again vote for the big parties but that solution has been tried before and look at the current situation. Vote Winfield / Poirot. What have ya got to lose.

Thank you all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies