Likelyhood of Trump getting impeached?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:30:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Likelyhood of Trump getting impeached?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How likely is it that Trump will be impeached during his term as President?
0%

1–10%

11–25%

26–50%

51–75%

76–100%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Likelyhood of Trump getting impeached?  (Read 946 times)
Helsinkian
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2017, 09:48:34 AM »

How likely is this?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »

Never going to happen, sadly.  Which effectively spells our end as a constitutional republic. 
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:53:34 AM »

Probably near 90% by 2019.
JJC

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 09:55:10 AM »

The same likelihood of Chuck's tears being genuine.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »

I voted 51-75 % simply because he may at some point actually realize that he is POTUS and start brushing up on his pretty rusty skills and learning ( a foreign concept to Trump apparently).  But the way he is going it is only a matter of time before he racks up enough reasons for impeachment.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:37 AM »

I don’t want to predict it yet. Maybe 30%.

If his tax returns are leaked much higher.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:55 AM »

I voted 51-75 % simply because he may at some point actually realize that he is POTUS and start brushing up on his pretty rusty skills and learning ( a foreign concept to Trump apparently).  But the way he is going it is only a matter of time before he racks up enough reasons for impeachment.

Do you really think Trump and his advisors would have done what they did if they didn't have assurances beforehand from party leadership that they could get away with it?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 10:09:17 AM »

Do you really think Trump and his advisors would have done what they did if they didn't have assurances beforehand from party leadership that they could get away with it?
Yes he's flying by the seat of his pants, and the only advisor who seems to have his ear at the moment is Bannon.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 10:14:25 AM »

Yes he's flying by the seat of his pants, and the only advisor who seems to have his ear at the moment is Bannon.

Republicans in Congress are not going to impeach him, period. 
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 10:17:21 AM »

Sure hope your right
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 10:24:37 AM »

I tend to agree with the caveat that I think you'll see a lot of people trying to save their skins if he falls into the low 20's (not exactly implausible)

I don't believe those who voted for Trump would ever turn on him.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 10:27:08 AM »

I tend to agree with the caveat that I think you'll see a lot of people trying to save their skins if he falls into the low 20's (not exactly implausible)

But don’t you think a vast majority of congressional GOPers actually prefer Pence? That could be the deal with Dems: We get rid of Trump, you get Pence.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »

Virtually none.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 12:22:10 PM »

That's like saying Joe Arpaio is safe because he keeps on winning. Until he didn't.

The GOP were NOT going to turn on Trump until they got some of their agenda through (SCOTUS, repeal of Obamacare, taxation, loosening of environmental regs, etc.).  However, Trump does not seem to realize that he does NOT have absolute power.  He has crossed many influential Republicans and, as if that is not enough, seems to be running "rogue" on policies he knows nothing about. 

If he does not calm down, yes I do see a possible impeachment in 2018 (if the GOP polls are bad) or in 2019 (if there is a major change in the Senate).
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 12:34:20 PM »

So you hope the President does something worthy of impeachment? Wow that's near treasonous to support something that hurts America simply out of partisan disagreement...
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 12:36:39 PM »

So you hope the President does something worthy of impeachment? Wow that's near treasonous to support something that hurts America simply out of partisan disagreement...

Too many Dems have gone full Limbaugh at this point.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 12:45:15 PM »

Please, the GOP was all "Obama One Term" and "Obama isn't a real American."

The ship has long since sailed on partisanship and partisan disagreement. The Democrats are merely copying the Republicans of 2009.

I'm not endorsing either; I'm just observing that your outrage is hypocritical.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies