What show should I go to next Monday?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:59:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What show should I go to next Monday?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What show should I go to next Monday?
Less Than Jake

Lemuria

Expire

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 1

Author Topic: What show should I go to next Monday?  (Read 152 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2017, 12:30:51 AM »

So I have a dilemma, which is an odd one in that I've never had it before, in having to choose what show to go to on the same night. As noted I'm surprised this has never happened before in my near 15 years of show going (well I do remember once there was a show in Mankato the same night as one I wanted to go in Sioux Falls, but that one was a no brainer, there was no way I was missing that Sioux Falls show.

Anyway the case for all three:

Less Than Jake - I kind of feel like seeing them should be on my bucket list, the fact that at my age I haven't yet is a bit surprising. And I have little doubt the crowd will be crazy and a great time. On the other hand I've never been much but a casual fan, in fact the only album of their's I've ever owned is Hello Rockview. And while it has some great tracks on it, I kind of wonder if they'll play any of them. Even if they did, the show is $25, and I don't know if I want to pay that much for a couple tracks I know, a bunch I don't, and some openers that I'm leaning toward that I won't like.

Lemuria - I was a pretty big fan of this band in Obama's first term, which resulted in me seeing them multiple times. I think at least four. Including once where I to a show where they were just opening that was pretty high priced (same venue as Less Than Jake incidentally) for a huge band that I had no interest in seeing and actually left early because my backache I was suffering from at the time was acting up. They're actually playing at a side stage in the same venue as Less Than Jake (OK that gives it away if you know anything about Minneapolis, it's First Avenue, this is at the 7th Street Entry). It's also half the price. On the other hand I've already seen them like four times, and honestly have kind of fallen out of bothering to listen to their later stuff, although I guess I still have time to check it out. But they probably won't play as many of the songs I know. Is it worth seeing them a fourth time when there's a band I probably should see also playing?

Expire - Meanwhile there's this show at a completely different venue. Expire is a hardcore band from I think Wisconsin, who are doing sort of a regional farewell tour and this is their last Minneapolis show. If I was a huge fan that'd be a no brainer, but I'm not. The reason why this is even under consideration is because I was eyeballing this show before I even found out about the other two. They're playing with three other Midwestern melodic hardcore bands, one from Omaha, one from Lincoln and one from Fargo. And these type of shows kind of made up the beginning of my getting into it. It's the sort of moving around fun time show with no huge bands but everyone has a blast I can possibly forsee. However it's also all ages and probably will have annoying high school types around (yes Less Than Jake is also all ages, but due to their longevity they'll attract an older crowd and besides you can drink on the balcony at First Avenue anyway.) So yeah, this is more of a "nothing to do tonight" show to go to on a whim, not one to go out of your way for, but who knows. Incidentally it costs more than Lemuria.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 01:38:16 AM »

Less Than Jake is the only band I recognize out of these, so I voted for that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies