EU MPs don't want Trump in european soil
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:40:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  EU MPs don't want Trump in european soil
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: EU MPs don't want Trump in european soil  (Read 1313 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2017, 01:26:47 AM »

minimal correction: i wouldn't call my beloved EU "very popular"  but the majority of continental europeans understand that we need it and it became more popular once again in the northern states after the brexit votum. even in my own EU-sceptical dwarf state of austria, it now seems like a political risk to campaign for "leave".

By very popular, I simply meant that they support retaining their membership and agree with the necessity of the EU. I could've definitely worded it better, however. Either way, a strong majority certainly won't approve of American meddling to destroy it.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2017, 08:04:15 AM »

They silly, they should definitely put him in European soil, deep.

And in case people aren't aware in America, the EU is mostly very popular outside of the United Kingdom (or, specifically, England)

Wasn't aware either!

I remember about a referendum being held here few years ago...

I can't help but think the EU is going to become much more powerful from this point forward

I often had that map in head while wondering about future of 'The West'

If ever we manage not to turn as assholes as Americans 1000 years prosperity waiting for us!

like we would cheer for california's secession and talk about hopes to make trade deals with indie-fornia. from ally to frenemy.

Yeah, in the above scenario often thought that California could become like a future like what France or something became for Western Roman Empire in future...

The comparison between 'The West' and 'The Roman Empire' is sometimes so insanely obvious that it should scare anybody making it but apparently i'm inconscious enough to make it. Wink + Tongue

Ironic, isn't it, how the three big allies in WWII are the ones slipping (or have already slipped: Russia) into rightwing madness while the country that was run by Nazism now symbolizes the best of Western, humanistic, democratic values.

Often thought about that kind of reversed parallelism too when you look at the trends at work nowadays in Spain and Germany and those in US and UK, France and Italy would still have to find their place in that scheme. U can't totally make a parallelism but what it already shows kinda is amusing.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2017, 09:09:15 AM »

Looks like they're sending Pence to Europe first:

http://www.politico.eu/article/us-vice-president-mike-pence-to-visit-munich-brussels/

My guess is that Trump won't go to Europe until the NATO and G7 summits in May (assuming he attends them).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2017, 12:46:33 PM »

Trump confirms that he'll attend the G7 summit in Italy in May:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-ukraine-russia-border-234653

I'm still curious to know if he'll attend the NATO summit in Brussels beforehand.  Trump at a NATO summit would be....interesting.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2017, 04:00:31 PM »

They should let him and exhibit him as a warning.

Permanently at the Louvre Museum.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies