What would a Conservative version of BRTD be like?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:41:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would a Conservative version of BRTD be like?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What would a Conservative version of BRTD be like?  (Read 1661 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2017, 06:05:58 PM »

Same vein as the Catholic thread, although here he's protestant and conservative. 

I suppose he'd be BDTR.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 06:25:07 PM »

Same vein as the Catholic thread, although here he's protestant and conservative. 

I suppose he'd be BDTR.

Does BRTD stand for something?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 06:27:20 PM »

I suppose he'd be BDTR.

Does BRTD stand for something?

Better Red Than Dead.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 06:35:55 PM »

Banned
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 06:36:10 PM »

Santander
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 06:37:41 PM »

Anyway Reaganfan/Naso is the closest choice here.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 06:41:47 PM »

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 07:27:17 PM »

Anyway Reaganfan/Naso is the closest choice here.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 09:32:02 PM »

He would only buy gas in Trump counties (preferably only in Trump states) and not think it acceptable to ever so much as see a liberal!  He would probably also be vehemently proud about living in the middle of nowhere and generally being a redneck.  Despite this and his decidedly conservative outlook, he would be an atheist- but not the typical atheist, since he would attend some fringe congregating place that somehow connects his lack of faith with conservative principles.  Instead of getting excited to see a hipster Christian play or a Christian alternative rock band, he would go see a redneck atheist movie or a secular country duo.  So, the exact opposite of BRTD!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 11:10:40 PM »

A conservative version of me (not necessarily an inverse, so no need to be an atheist) would probably be a pretty typical suburban/exurban megachurch-attending evangelical who'd find the inner city repulsive and refuse to visit there and brag about my "all conservative all the time" social circle and lack of liberals, etc. So not much different from your typical movement conservative come to think of it.

Wonder what music I'd listen to...
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 11:14:54 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2017, 11:27:44 PM by Thunderbird is the word »

He would only buy gas in Trump counties (preferably only in Trump states) and not think it acceptable to ever so much as see a liberal!  He would probably also be vehemently proud about living in the middle of nowhere and generally being a redneck.  Despite this and his decidedly conservative outlook, he would be an atheist- but not the typical atheist, since he would attend some fringe congregating place that somehow connects his lack of faith with conservative principles.  Instead of getting excited to see a hipster Christian play or a Christian alternative rock band, he would go see a redneck atheist movie or a secular country duo.  So, the exact opposite of BRTD!

He'd be a big fan of Sam Harris and would never smoke marijuana because it would conflict with his "all conservative, all the time" philosophy of life but would chain smoke cigarettes.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 11:19:58 PM »

Also in the 2012 Republican primaries he would have initially supported Gingrich but switched his support to Ron Paul because he didn't want to caucus with olds.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 11:26:05 PM »

If we were going by a BRTD that was similar in personality and religious beliefs but with completely opposite politics i'm thinking this guy would be a good fit: http://www.theblaze.com/matt-walsh
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 11:41:45 PM »

A conservative version of me (not necessarily an inverse, so no need to be an atheist) would probably be a pretty typical suburban/exurban megachurch-attending evangelical who'd find the inner city repulsive and refuse to visit there and brag about my "all conservative all the time" social circle and lack of liberals, etc. So not much different from your typical movement conservative come to think of it.

And doesn't this ever give you pause?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 12:12:11 AM »

Also in the 2012 Republican primaries he would have initially supported Gingrich but switched his support to Ron Paul because he didn't want to caucus with olds.

Actually I'd probably support Romney. I'd probably frequently complain about "True Rightists" and people insisting on ideological purity. And would thus be pretty anti-Tea Party come to think of it. Although yeah I could see myself switching from Romney to Paul.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 12:14:57 AM »

Not really, no. I mean yeah sure the inverse of someone who's "all liberal all the time" is "all conservative all the time". Who knew?
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 12:21:16 AM »

Actually I'd probably support Romney. I'd probably frequently complain about "True Rightists" and people insisting on ideological purity. And would thus be pretty anti-Tea Party come to think of it. Although yeah I could see myself switching from Romney to Paul.

I'm thinking your primary voting record would be then 2008: McCain or Giuliani, 2012: Romney, 2016: Kasich
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 12:21:29 AM »

Not really, no. I mean yeah sure the inverse of someone who's "all liberal all the time" is "all conservative all the time". Who knew?

The point is that "typical movement conservatives" tend to be pretty cringeworthy people partly for reasons that have nothing to do with their politics.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 09:46:26 AM »

The point is that "typical movement conservatives" tend to be pretty cringeworthy people partly for reasons that have nothing to do with their politics.

I'd expect you to say the same thing about "movement liberals", especially with what you think about marijuana and all.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 09:51:52 AM »

He'd probably be the 1 person in America who still says "freedom fries".
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »

He'd live in Forsyth County, Georgia
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »

I'd expect you to say the same thing about "movement liberals", especially with what you think about marijuana and all.

...you still don't get it, do you?

No, it's not about Marijuana. It's about the in-group mentality and tendency to loathe and/or laugh at everything that falls outside of it.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 03:30:54 PM »

Would call for the deportation of all Iranians and closing of museums that feature Middle Eastern art.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 04:04:21 PM »

You know, I'd HATE Family Guy.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 04:06:25 PM »

Would call for the deportation of all Iranians and closing of museums that feature Middle Eastern art.

Irony or not, Iran and Russia are geopolitically aligned, at least as of now.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies