Massive Violent Anti-Milo Protests at UC Berkeley
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:33:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Massive Violent Anti-Milo Protests at UC Berkeley
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Massive Violent Anti-Milo Protests at UC Berkeley  (Read 5826 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2017, 12:47:21 AM »
« edited: February 03, 2017, 08:04:13 AM by Torie »

Screw fascists. They might win for a little while but they won't win the horse race. The important thing is not to give in to these people.   [Modified by Torie}
JJC

« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2017, 12:53:49 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2017, 01:09:43 AM by JJC »

and how should anyone control the black bloc, death of each demonstration since ever?

No one is saying they can. That's why Trump's comments this morning were so dumb. Berkeley is sort of a victim of these radicals, although they were oddly mealy-mouthed about this attack on their grounds.

The only way to deal with Black Bloc is to up security and be ready to fight.

No, cut their funding. Hit these fascist where it hurts.

If Berkley cannot control these lunatics and creates a dangerous environment for normal people, then they don't need nor deserve the 300 million they get every year from the Fed.

Especially when they actively encourage this violence. Berkley is no victim. They helped create the culture of cultist leftism.

And Trump should also immediately fire every. single. federal. employee. that was hired by Obama's administration. The deep bureaucratic state - as well as the courts - is how leftists gain power and pass law (because their ideas always lose at the ballot box).

Drain the swamp.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2017, 12:59:20 AM »

Are the liberals who are saying "Just let him speak, what's the big deal?" aware that Milo was planning on reading off a list of students that were undocumented immigrants?

It's true.

What an awful human being.

Okay.  Yeah.  Fck him.  Students can do whatever they want with him and I won't shed a tear.  Little Milo doesn't need a safe space.

According to the right-wing and some Democrats here it would've been better to let him expose these students to potential danger, such as harassment, than prevent him from speaking because "muh free speech!" When you threaten people and seek to incite hatred against groups of people, you have no right to that kind of speech. You should be met with resistance, as he was, barred from the university by its administration, and criminally charged with hate speech.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2017, 01:06:14 AM »

The truly astounding thing about all of this isn't that there were violent protests or that Milo is horrible, but that there were, at least according to CNN, zero arrests. How in tarnation do the police not manage to arrest a single person in all of this?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2017, 01:26:07 AM »

Do you lefties want Donald Trump? Because this crap is how we get things like Trump in the White House. Someone you despise speaking on campus? Don't listen to him, or better yet attend the event and call him out on his BS during his Q&A part.

At least we can hope that the radicalization of the left will just be a repeat of 1969 and they tear their own movement apart over ridiculous things.
JJC

« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2017, 01:34:10 AM »

Are the liberals who are saying "Just let him speak, what's the big deal?" aware that Milo was planning on reading off a list of students that were undocumented immigrants?

It's true.

Okay.  Yeah.  Fck him.  Students can do whatever they want with him and I won't shed a tear.  Little Milo doesn't need a safe space.

According to the right-wing and some Democrats here it would've been better to let him expose these students to potential danger, such as harassment, than prevent him from speaking because "muh free speech!" When you threaten people and seek to incite hatred against groups of people, you have no right to that kind of speech. You should be met with resistance, as he was, barred from the university by its administration, and criminally charged with hate speech.

He did no such thing. Disagreeing with someone is not threatening or inciting violence. But rioting, making verbal threats, and silencing dissent certainly meets those qualifications, which is what liberals do all the time.

I don't expect to get through to people like you. You can't seem to comprehend the simple idea that disagreeing with someone does not make them evil - or bigoted - or racist - or phobia this or phobia that. Regurgitate. Regurgitate.

It's stupid and old. It's the politics of ignorant, hateful, spiteful know nothings. The politics of the brain washed.

I'm going to use your logic.

-I deem you, your ideas, and your speech as hateful bigotry, racist and fascist. Because I said so. No debate about it. I'm morally right and you're evil.
-I deem you a NAZI™.
-Therefor, I have the right to silence and even assault you. I can punch you in the face.
-It's you're fault, really. YOU'RE the one who incited me with your hateful rhetoric.

Of course, in reality land, the American constitution protects the public from dangerous radicals like you.

No amount of yelling NAZI™ is going to change that.

You don't get to decide what is hateful and what is acceptable. You don't get to silence people. The constitution protects us against totalitarianism.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2017, 01:52:11 AM »

It's true.

He did no such thing. Disagreeing with someone is not threatening or inciting violence. But rioting, making verbal threats, and silencing dissent certainly meets those qualifications, which is what liberals do all the time.

I don't expect to get through to people like you. You can't seem to comprehend the simple idea that disagreeing with someone does not make them evil - or bigoted - or racist - or phobia this or phobia that. Regurgitate. Regurgitate.

It's stupid and old. It's the politics of ignorant, hateful, spiteful know nothings. The politics of the brain washed.

-I deem you, your ideas, and your speech as hateful bigotry, racist and fascist. Because I said so. No debate about it. I'm morally right and you're evil.
-I deem you a NAZI™.
-Therefor, I have the right to silence and even assault you. I can punch you in the face.
-It's you're fault, really. YOU'RE the one who incited me with your hateful rhetoric.

Of course, in reality land, the American constitution protects the public from dangerous radicals like you.

You don't get to decide what is hateful and what is acceptable. You don't get to silence people. The constitution protects us against totalitarianism.

When you are threatening to out someone as an undocumented immigrant, you are going beyond just "disagreeing" with someone. It's personal at that point. And we are going to stand up as group for those people. If you get punched in the face, it is you own fault for being an asshole.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2017, 01:58:12 AM »

Can you punch an ICE agent in the face? Surely, if you can assault someone for reporting an immigrant, you should be able to do far worse to someone who is actually doing the deporting?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2017, 02:11:40 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2017, 02:16:31 AM by Sbane »

Can you punch an ICE agent in the face? Surely, if you can assault someone for reporting an immigrant, you should be able to do far worse to someone who is actually doing the deporting?

Can't you go somewhere else, like stormfront or something? We obviously need immigration reform, and need to secure the border by instituting E-VERIFY! That being said, people who are already here and and are living their lives like any other Americans should be allowed to stay. If you disagree with that, you are a fucking racist and should leave this forum.

Also, Trump needs to be opposed at every single step of the way, even if it costs 2020. That may not be wholly relevant to this thread (I honestly don't give a sh**t about Milo lol), but it's relevant in the direction this country goes. Fascism cannot be accepted as business as usual. It must be opposed at every opportunity possible. Screw the "moderates" who don't like it. Although it must be peaceful.....except for a punch in the face for some know-nothing loser fascist.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2017, 02:16:49 AM »

It's true.

-I deem you a NAZI™.

When you are threatening to out someone as an undocumented immigrant, you are going beyond just "disagreeing" with someone. It's personal at that point. And we are going to stand up as group for those people. If you get punched in the face, it is you own fault for being an asshole.

That's what crossed the line for me.  I've watched plenty of Milo's inane rants on YouTube (don't ask me why) and I haven't always agreed with the protestors, because I know that they're giving him the exact kind of attention he wants.  The man is a real-life troll and he admits to being such.  But deliberately targeting and making accusations against individual students is not acceptable and isn't something that can be defended under the guise of "free speech."
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2017, 02:21:16 AM »

I'm sure the left wingers who support the actions of these rioters will be at a loss for words when Trump wins reelection with 350+ electoral votes. Keep up the good work, the democratic party is down and you guys are keeping it that way
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2017, 02:26:07 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2017, 02:54:02 PM by Torie »

I'm sure the left wingers who support the actions of these rioters will be at a loss for words when Trump wins reelection with 350+ electoral votes. Keep up the good work, the democratic party is down and you guys are keeping it that way

Trump will probably win re-election. What is more important is to not legitimize Trump. The Republicans did this brilliantly with Obama.

Also, I doubt he wins the popular vote. Trump is such a freaking loser lol. [Torie again, the bastard]
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2017, 02:30:16 AM »

Trump will probably win re-election. What is more important is to not legitimize Trump. The Republicans did this brilliantly with Obama.

Also, I doubt he wins the popular vote. Trump is such a fucking loser lol.
Just keep screaming "he will not divide us" and New York could be in play lol
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2017, 02:30:32 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2017, 03:57:28 PM by Torie »

Posting this again since it was deleted without explanation:

[Your image entails a personal attack on a poster, and thus is against the TOS. Period.] Torie

Also, whoever thinks that this will have any effect on the next election needs to step out of their little bubble and quit being such a hack.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2017, 02:32:10 AM »

Also, I doubt he wins the popular vote. Trump is such a fucking loser lol.
Just keep screaming "he will not divide us" and New York could be in play lol

Hell, maybe California will be in play! It doesn't matter. Fascism must be opposed! you want to support the goddamn fascist then that is your perogative. If we all survive to have kids, you will have a tough time explaining your support of Trump. You will likely lie. How did the Germans handle that in the 1950's and 60's?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2017, 03:56:02 AM »

Dumb sh**t "antifascists" attacked a Syrian Muslim. Because Trump hates Syrian Muslims or something.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/opinion/how-violence-undermined-the-berkeley-protest.html?smid=pl-share&_r=0
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2017, 04:48:33 AM »

Quit giving these idiots the attention they desire.  They're not worth your time and they're especially not worth the ensuing damage that's inflicted and that we all have pay the price for.

See, it wasn't the left that gave these people attention initially. The right gave them attention. If you ignore they are still there. There is no solution.
I never heard of Milo until he started getting banned from campuses by little children throwing fits.  I'm assuming I'm not alone.

I get why it's cathartic to cheer on these fools, but it's not helping.Indeed.  The end of the article.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2017, 04:58:16 AM »

The first time I heard about Milo was, I think, a year and a half ago when I was talking to a right-leaning friend of mine who said he read his stuff on Breitbart.  This was back when Gamergate was a huge thing (something I never particularly cared about because I'm not a big gamer and internet dramas bore the sht out of me) and Milo hadn't yet devoted his platform to trolling purposes.  Most of Breitbart's content was also fairly tame at this time, IIRC.  Then Trump jumped into the scene and grabbed Breitbart and Milo by their proverbial pussies.

And now here we are.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2017, 05:50:36 AM »

LOL@anyone who thinks this will have any impact on elections.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2017, 06:17:24 AM »

If this was one isolated incident, it wouldn't but it's not. Probably 2 thirds of my left leaning friends support this kind of activity. They think violence is justified in reaction to racism and their definition of racism is extremely broad and nebulous. It's the norm on college campuses now.

I suggest you read the books Nixonland and The Invisible Bridge by Rick Perlstein, a liberal writer, who talks about how campus militancy in the 60s was instrumental in fueling the rise of Nixon and Reagan.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2017, 07:29:27 AM »

Simply stated, the most recent time in American history where the left was known for both protesting as well as radical terrorist activity coincided with the ascendance and reign of Richard Nixon and was followed by a swelling of the prison-industrial complex. In what world does this work out? I don't mean to suggest that the left here back's this activity, but I'm genuinely perplexed as to the long-term narrative in the actor's mind (I doubt there is one). The denizens of Other Atlas have come out in support of this tactical idiocy.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »

The first time I heard about Milo was, I think, a year and a half ago when I was talking to a right-leaning friend of mine who said he read his stuff on Breitbart.  This was back when Gamergate was a huge thing (something I never particularly cared about because I'm not a big gamer and internet dramas bore the sht out of me) and Milo hadn't yet devoted his platform to trolling purposes.  Most of Breitbart's content was also fairly tame at this time, IIRC.  Then Trump jumped into the scene and grabbed Breitbart and Milo by their proverbial pussies.

And now here we are.
Something something guys who make six figures are still afraid of girls.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2017, 08:29:26 AM »

Quote:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/opinion/how-violence-undermined-the-berkeley-protest.html?smid=pl-share&_r=1
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2017, 08:31:59 AM »

Simply stated, the most recent time in American history where the left was known for both protesting as well as radical terrorist activity coincided with the ascendance and reign of Richard Nixon and was followed by a swelling of the prison-industrial complex. In what world does this work out? I don't mean to suggest that the left here back's this activity, but I'm genuinely perplexed as to the long-term narrative in the actor's mind (I doubt there is one). The denizens of Other Atlas have come out in support of this tactical idiocy.

So, you think that this is all a strategy to get millions in jail?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »

So, you think that this is all a strategy to get millions in jail?

No, he's saying that could be an unintentional result.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies