Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:56:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected?  (Read 38861 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: March 07, 2004, 03:11:35 AM »

Arnold is NOT a democrat and he is NOT a liberal.  He is a strong, forceful voice for moderate Republicans such as myself who are the majority of Republicans and true conservatives.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 01:24:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ok.. and if you described Arnold to an Average democrat in Berkley, they probably would say "Oh my Gaia.. that ultra christian conservative corporate pig fascist!"

If moderate democrats like Evan Bayh were the majority of Democrats, the world would also be a better place Smiley
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 09:11:09 PM »

We are like Arnold!  We are!
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 06:51:24 PM »

Unfortunately, far too few.

Hundreds.  See the WISH list - http://www.thewishlist.org/

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson was the foremost advocate of not just medical marijuana but marijuana legalization.

How many Democrats will not defer to the gun control lobby?

Checkmate.  I can't argue against that one.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 11:51:46 AM »

Hear hear!
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 01:14:45 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2004, 01:15:17 PM by htmldon »

Davis would have just gone along with what the corrupt Dems in Sacremento wanted to do.  The situation would have just gotten worse and worse... now its starting to look up for California.

StevenNick - You like Arnold??  I thought all us moderates were dying out?  Didn't that "base" that you guys keep talking about support McClintock? Smiley  

California is so fortunate to have been given a second chance after the disasterous choice of Bill Simon over Dick Riordan.  Kansas and Oregon got no such second chance.  If Pennsylvania makes the same mistake and supports Toomey, it will not get a second chance either after Hoffel is elected.

I'm glad you are fond of Arnold. him and hope that you will vote for him if he runs for re-election... not just in the general, but in the Primary as well.  Certainly some loose cannon "conservative" will come out of the woodwork and say that we need to "get this pro-gay RINO out of office" and some Simon/McClintockites will go along with it.

The #1 way to keep a Republican from getting elected in California is to have a Republican Primary.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 04:57:49 PM »

It does make sense, at least from your ideological perspective.   Some of us are working to make the country more center-right than right so I guess I wouldn't personally understand where you are coming from.  Personally I want to just nudge Cali a little the right so that moderate Republicans can take over the state legislature and the state will elect more people like Arnold - and never have to dabble around with the Tom McClintocks, Gray Davises, and Cruz Bustamentes ever again.  That having been said, due to my partisan persuasions, I think electing a Republican is more important than anything else so whatever happens that helps elect Republicans is fine with me.  My personal preference is just more centrist than yours.

I applaud you for thinking strategically though and actually being more concerned with getting people of like mind elected rather than the emotional nonsense that so many on the right use to guide them in elections.

I suspect that in Indiana you would join me in support of Mitch Daniels for Governor over Eric Miller.  Daniels is very much a conservative... but of course, you can never be conservative enough for the religious right.  So they've put up Miller to challenge Daniels but I don't think its going anywhere.. at least I hope not.  But of course you have the Millerites running around saying that Daniels is "too moderate" and that "the base" will stay home if he is nominated, blah blah blah.  (Keeping in mind that Daniels is probably more conservative than McClintock and Toomey combined)

The far right will never be satisfied and this is why I caution my friends here who are moderate-conservatives not to give in on the issue of Specter.  Sure all of us agree that Specter is not perfect.  We would all like him to be more conservative on things.  But he is a symbol of the ideological diversity that we need to have in our Party.  If we let him get trampled on - don't surprised if you or someone you support is next on the hit list.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 09:07:08 AM »

We desperately need him around.

We will walk to California if we have to, from every state in the union, to help his cause.  We will crawl across shards of broken glass or jump through rings of hot scalding fire to defend him from the extremes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies