The Death Tweet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:37:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Death Tweet
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Death Tweet  (Read 790 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2017, 09:26:48 AM »
« edited: February 02, 2017, 11:47:32 AM by Meclazine »

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  3 hours ago
Iran has been formally PUT ON NOTICE for firing a ballistic missile. Should have been thankful for the terrible deal the U.S. made with them!

Iran was on its last legs and ready to collapse until the U.S. came along and gave it a life-line in the form of the Iran Deal: $150 billion

And.... here we go.

Trump gives Iran notice on their behaviour.

USA! USA! USA!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:36:05 AM »

Week 2: Make war threats ✓
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »

Yes because bombing a nation of 80 million with mountainous borders and terrain is going to be exactly just like Iraq, a nation a fraction of that size and population.

Trump won't (I think) actually rip up the deal. The Iranians were stupid but Trump would risk a whole new conflagration that would disrupt the Middle East (and the precious oilz). Most likely, Trump acts bellicose but someone takes him aside quietly and tells him "No, Donnie, this isn't a good idea."
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:42:23 AM »

Yes because bombing a nation of 80 million with mountainous borders and terrain is going to be exactly just like Iraq, a nation a fraction of that size and population.

Trump won't (I think) actually rip up the deal. The Iranians were stupid but Trump would risk a whole new conflagration that would disrupt the Middle East (and the precious oilz). Most likely, Trump acts bellicose but someone takes him aside quietly and tells him "No, Donnie, this isn't a good idea."

This only happens if we operate under the assumption that he actually has people beside him who wouldn't encourage the opposite. I don't have a reason to believe he does.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 09:44:19 AM »

Unless Trump Inc. has oil investments, just tell him that oil prices will go through the roof. That will deter him, since popularity is his one overriding goal (I think. He acts like an incompetent man child day to day so...)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 09:44:55 AM »

It's all justified because antifa burned a street lamp
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 09:50:30 AM »

Unless Trump Inc. has oil investments, just tell him that oil prices will go through the roof. That will deter him, since popularity is his one overriding goal (I think. He acts like an incompetent man child day to day so...)
<puts on conspiracy hat>
Putin wants the price of oil to go up.  Trump knows Americans still don't like Iran, if he can make it look like they instigated sh**t, Americans could easily be brought on board with attacking Iran.  Price of oil goes up, everybody wins!  (except Persians, the enlisted men in the US military and consumers world wide..ie, everybody)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 09:51:57 AM »

Just four more years
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 10:00:10 AM »

I’m waiting for the Trumpster to make real threat Tweet; something like this:

If Iran doesn’t stop with ILLEGAL actions, I’m gonna nuke them big league. Happening very fast. Stay tuned!
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 10:18:45 AM »

Regardless, no we're not tearing up the deal or bombing Iran. That kind of quagmire, the G(od) - E(mperor) hates, and the GOP has a very intense deathly fear of Middle Eastern quagmires. Bombing would just plunge the Middle East into chaos, forcing us to intervene (again) down the road.

The GE will bluster and bellow, but someone from NSC or the nearest remotely sane foreign policy hand will take him aside and in very slow monosyllables explain the consequences of tearing up the deal and refusing to engage Iran further.

At which point GE will simply shift to another topic to angrily tweet about. Maybe we'll insult Mozambique next. That would probably be the least offensive and most safest thing he could do at this point that he is capable of doing.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 10:21:31 AM »

Lol. Every morning I tell my girlfriend to "breathe, it's only a few years" when we watch Morning Joe or CNN

The word "only" is really decribing it very well. LOL.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 10:24:52 AM »

If Iran doesn’t stop with ILLEGAL actions, I’m gonna nuke them big league. Happening very fast. Stay tuned!

Nah. Like any other abuser, Pussygrabber is good at making threats that can't be held against him. "On Notice" can mean anything he and his cult wants to say it does. But, "nuke them big league" will get him impeached or shot by the military in a quick hurry.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 10:45:56 AM »

Nah. Like any other abuser, Pussygrabber is good at making threats that can't be held against him. "On Notice" can mean anything he and his cult wants to say it does. But, "nuke them big league" will get him impeached or shot by the military in a quick hurry.

I doubt he’s tweeting stuff that radical (I was obviously a little sarcastic), but if so (again, unlikely):, I doubt there would be an impeachment. Little Marco Rubot would issue a “strong statement” that he’s concerned or so. LOL.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 11:27:26 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2017, 11:42:12 AM by Meclazine »

Trump is going to nail them.

From CNN, Irans response to the Death Tweet:

"Velayati dismissed the President's "baseless ranting" and said that even Americans were not satisfied with "Trump's extremism", according to Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency."

The next tweet will be:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Iran better start worrying about more than my popularity at home. SAD! Unleash the Mad Dog Mattis on their ass. #MAGA

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 11:57:57 AM »

Regardless, no we're not tearing up the deal or bombing Iran. That kind of quagmire, the G(od) - E(mperor) hates, and the GOP has a very intense deathly fear of Middle Eastern quagmires. Bombing would just plunge the Middle East into chaos, forcing us to intervene (again) down the road.

The GE will bluster and bellow, but someone from NSC or the nearest remotely sane foreign policy hand will take him aside and in very slow monosyllables explain the consequences of tearing up the deal and refusing to engage Iran further.

At which point GE will simply shift to another topic to angrily tweet about. Maybe we'll insult Mozambique next. That would probably be the least offensive and most safest thing he could do at this point that he is capable of doing.

Right. Quickly issuing statements that they view the JCPOA as separate and as something that needs to be upheld is the tell.

New sanctions would not surprise me though
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 12:03:28 PM »

Right. Quickly issuing statements that they view the JCPOA as separate and as something that needs to be upheld is the tell.

New sanctions would not surprise me though

Assuming I follow you right ...

Yeah essentially. The Iranians will roll their eyes. The Obama strategy was the only logical and geopolitical wise rational strategy possible, really. Start up with sanctions, get them to the table, negotiate, and have this kind of deal as a result. Corker knows it too, which is why he didn't sign the Iran letter in 2015, among other things.

Our allies are not interested in engaging Iran militarily either. That's why the JCPOA is probably in effect. There will be bluster and chest beating but anything beyond that would provoke a military conflict that would end up possibly endangering the GOP so yeah. That's the tell, I agree.

Bibi will be deeply disappointed but the United States simply can't afford to get involved with bombs and the U.S. military.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 03:11:00 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2017, 03:14:10 PM by President Johnson »

I doubt he’s tweeting stuff that radical (I was obviously a little sarcastic), but if so (again, unlikely):, I doubt there would be an impeachment. Little Marco Rubot would issue a “strong statement” that he’s concerned or so. LOL.

He wouldn't announce this because he wants to be unpredictable.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 03:34:16 PM »

"Trump is non-interventionist!"
"Hillary is the hawkish candidate!"
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 03:50:18 PM »

-The 2016 Democratic platform on Iran was tougher than the 2012 one. And, yes, Trump is much closer to a non-interventionist than HRC, and Hillary really was the hawkish candidate.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 03:59:55 PM »

-The 2016 Democratic platform on Iran was tougher than the 2012 one. And, yes, Trump is much closer to a non-interventionist than HRC, and Hillary really was the hawkish candidate.

The water is drying my hair quite nicely.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »

As I said…

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-us-is-expected-to-impose-sanctions-on-multiple-iranian-entities-2017-2?&platform=bi-androidap

Money quote:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is expected to impose sanctions on multiple Iranian entities as early as Friday following Tehran's recent ballistic missile test, but in a way that will not violate the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, sources familiar with the matter said on Thursday.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 06:21:18 PM »

"awfully hot in here. better crank up the furnace!"
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 01:30:26 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2017, 01:35:50 AM by Meclazine »

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
North Korea is looking for trouble. If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them!  U.S.A.

•••••••••••••••

If Un is lookin' for trouble, he's come to the right place.

Donald is gonna nail this mongrel now.

I would like to thank the Atlas voting public for electing Donald Trump as POTUS.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 06:48:34 AM »

I think Mattis said ripping up the Iran Deal would be a very bad move.

Now's the time for him to smack some sense into President Manchild.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 09:48:56 AM »

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
North Korea is looking for trouble. If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them!  U.S.A.

•••••••••••••••

If Un is lookin' for trouble, he's come to the right place.

Donald is gonna nail this mongrel now.

I would like to thank the Atlas voting public for electing Donald Trump as POTUS.

I don't actually disagree that he will strike North Korea but this is an interesting thread to revive, since nothing a) happened to Iran b) the Iran deal is still in place (for the reasons I laid out in this thread).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies