Significant legal immigration reduction, not likely to happen (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:44:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Significant legal immigration reduction, not likely to happen (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Significant legal immigration reduction, not likely to happen  (Read 483 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 03, 2017, 12:46:48 AM »

I think it might happen, but it's important to remember that people are mostly fine with the amount of legal immigrants in the country. The climate around legal immigration in the US isn't what it is in Europe.

Not really.

I think people either oppose immigration or they support it. People who say "I oppose illegal immigration but support people who come here the right way" are just 1) attempting to sound moderate 2) don't live in urban areas so don't realize they extent of legal immigration and are severely underestimating it. Conversely, the left (both the mainstream centrist Democrats and the far left) no longer make any distinction at all between illegal and legal immigration.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 04:00:04 AM »

I think it might happen, but it's important to remember that people are mostly fine with the amount of legal immigrants in the country. The climate around legal immigration in the US isn't what it is in Europe.

Not really.

I think people either oppose immigration or they support it. People who say "I oppose illegal immigration but support people who come here the right way" are just 1) attempting to sound moderate 2) don't live in urban areas so don't realize they extent of legal immigration and are severely underestimating it. Conversely, the left (both the mainstream centrist Democrats and the far left) no longer make any distinction at all between illegal and legal immigration.

no I totally support that, as I support expanding the amount of green cards and visas given  to immigrants but I also support Romney E Verify Plan

Why? Frankly this is just a stupid position. It's like saying you think people who smoke pot should be put in jail because it's illegal but you also want to legalize it. Is it just fetishism for the law?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies