WH stopped State Department Holocaust message that mentioned Jews
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:01:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WH stopped State Department Holocaust message that mentioned Jews
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: WH stopped State Department Holocaust message that mentioned Jews  (Read 1698 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2017, 09:50:20 PM »
« edited: February 02, 2017, 09:59:34 PM by Hindsight is 2020 »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
This has Bannon written all over it http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/white-house-holocaust-jews-234572
JJC

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:52:56 PM »

This has fake news written all over it.

Which you seem to love posting here.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 10:00:51 PM »

Anything I don't like is fake news despite the fact it comes from a respected source
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 10:02:00 PM »

"iz fak neuwz"
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »

Is there a particular point in that article that you disagree with the stated facts on, or do you just not like the story?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 10:15:51 PM »

it's lovely to see how many rank-and-files republicans, even those who are NOT big putin fans, have just co-opted the russian strategy of killing the possibility of truth itself through calling everything fake news.

in that world infowars gets a chair at white house press conferences cause nothing matters and they aren't worse as the NYT, amirite?

(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 10:19:29 PM »

it's lovely to see how many rank-and-files republicans, even those who are NOT big putin fans, have just co-opted the russian strategy of killing the possibility of truth itself through calling everything fake news.

in that world infowars gets a chair at white house press conferences cause nothing matters and they aren't worse as the NYT, amirite?

-That says less about infowars and more about the NYT's dishonesty.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 10:21:41 PM »

11 million people died in the Holocaust, at least. We're not special, and the Holocaust tore apart countless families, Jewish and non Jewish. No need to single us out in an attempt to make people subconsciously value the Jewish victims more than the others. I really don't see the issue here.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 10:23:09 PM »

That says less about infowars and more about the NYT's dishonesty.

it says a lot about whataboutism and nihilism.

the right of today is like the generation of 1968 - radical and revolutionary.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 10:25:32 PM »

Can the Branch Trumpidians prove this is fake news?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 10:25:47 PM »

11 million people died in the Holocaust, at least. We're not special, and the Holocaust tore apart countless families, Jewish and non Jewish. No need to single us out in an attempt to make people subconsciously value the Jewish victims more than the others. I really don't see the issue here.
But if the special mention is removed purposely by a well known anti-semite?  Is that okay?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 10:28:19 PM »

You idiots. I see no reason to engage with people who will apologize over something this blatantly wrong.

Go join your pal Ahmadinejad.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 10:28:44 PM »

But if the special mention is removed purposely by a well known anti-semite?  Is that okay?
Other than a vengeful ex wife, where is the proof that Bannon is an antisemite? As I've said before he's vile, and almost certainly a racist, but I see no evidence that he has an issue with Jews.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 10:46:01 PM »

But if the special mention is removed purposely by a well known anti-semite?  Is that okay?
Other than a vengeful ex wife, where is the proof that Bannon is an antisemite? As I've said before he's vile, and almost certainly a racist, but I see no evidence that he has an issue with Jews.
Yeah.. I imagine if I was a battered wife, I'd probably tell people about the time he went on and on about Jews as well.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 10:48:39 PM »

Never ascribe to malice what can be ascribed to sheer incompetence. The Trump Administration, given how pro-Israel it is, is decidedly not anti-Semitic. If they were genuinely anti-Semitic, they would be far more pro-Palestinian or equivocal about Israel v. Palestine. Instead, they're very genuinely pro-Israel.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 10:51:27 PM »

Never ascribe to malice what can be ascribed to sheer incompetence. The Trump Administration, given how pro-Israel it is, is decidedly not anti-Semitic. If they were genuinely anti-Semitic, they would be far more pro-Palestinian or equivocal about Israel v. Palestine. Instead, they're very genuinely pro-Israel.
The evangelicals just want to achieve the second coming. Israel's just a means to an end. The Jews, for all they care, can burn in hell once Jesus comes back.

So not necessarily.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 10:52:40 PM »

No one gets upset about the millions of Catholics who died in the Holocaust not getting a mention. smh
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 10:53:18 PM »

which administration in the first place?

no one should believe that tillerson, mattis, trump, bannon et al. are on one sheet regarding the big questions.

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 10:54:19 PM »

No one gets upset about the millions of Catholics who died in the Holocaust not getting a mention. smh

The term specifically refers to Jewish victims of Nazi genocide.

The alt right milieu is rife with antisemitism
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 10:55:54 PM »

the word holocaust itself is directly connected to the suffering of jewry.

surely millions of catholics died in the second world war and many brave christians were killed by hitler.

but....

christians haven't been perescuted in any comparable way for being christians...simple as that.

if you meant your post in a different way, just ignore me. Wink
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 10:56:21 PM »

Millions?
Remember, realisticidealist.. many of those gays were technically catholic.  But gay is who you are... Catholic is a lifestyle you choose.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 10:56:53 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2017, 11:01:12 PM by realisticidealist »

I've always heard that the Holocaust refers to all 11 million victims of Nazi genocide...
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 10:58:13 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2017, 11:00:27 PM by realisticidealist »

Millions?

Uh... There were two million Catholic Poles killed in the Holocaust. Most of the Eastern concentration camps were set up to house Poles long before they housed Jews. Jews only showed up in large numbers in Auschwitz in late 1941.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 11:01:57 PM »

Uh... There were two million Catholic Poles killed in the Holocaust. Most of the Eastern concentration camps were set up to house Poles long before they housed Jews. Jews only showed up in large numbers in Auschwitz in late 1941.

this is absolutely correct.

but those were killed cause they have been "slavic untermenschen" and not cause they were christians.

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 11:02:06 PM »

I've always heard that the Holocaust refers to all the 11 million victims of Nazi genocide...
Any cursory googling would tell you that's incorrect and the term is applied specifically to Jewish victims. For example, Roma call their genocide the Porajmos, not the Holocaust.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies