Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 04:34:36 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Control.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Control.  (Read 3244 times)
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2004, 09:43:08 pm »

Dave Leip (I- MA) would like the floor. ..
Looks like things have gotten a bit out-of-control here...
Nym90, Gustav?  I realize that as the site and forum gains popularity, we get troublemakers from time to time (although I would like to ask that instead of casting "troll" accuasations in posts, to just report the post you think is a problem).  

I don't know how many forum members have signed up for full site membership, but I am considering launching a separate forum that has the member barrier to keep a separate, more civilized forum without the problems.  Any thoughts?  Unfortunately, simple machines is still in beta and I was hoping for a 1.0 final release to use with a new forum.
Dave Leip (I-MA) releases the floor.
ShapeShifter
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 10:10:53 pm »
Ignore

God has spoken. Smiley

It would be a great idea about the member only forum. I would surely sign up for it and pay the 25 dollar fee and with that have more information at my finger tips to feed this political junkie.

Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 10:15:53 pm »
Ignore

I think we can have a civilized forum that is open to all.  Fantasy elections are only really interesting if there are plenty of people running and voting, I don't see that if it is members-only.

this is real
MAS117
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 10:24:49 pm »
Ignore

I would like to thank Dave for coming and trying to help us. However I hope that some posts can be deleted and that if PBSucks was BGWAH he should be removed from the forum permantly.
Demrepdan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 12:00:45 am »
Ignore

I would like to thank Dave for coming and trying to help us. However I hope that some posts can be deleted and that if PBSucks was BGWAH he should be removed from the forum permantly.

bgwah told me in a private chat that he was NOT PBSucks...and he said that Dave will find out (as will the rest of us) when he sees that bgwah and PBSucks don't have the same IP addresses. If bgwah is NOT PBsucks.....then that means that ONE of us is. PBsucks is unarguably a troll....as soon as he signed up he knew who everyone was....he said...."Gustaf Sucks"....as well as "PBrunsel" sucks.....(or something to the effect)....he also said "I love Jesus! I love Jesus!" which would make anyone see the allusion to bgwah. This person either IS bgwah (which means bgwah is lying)...or the "PBsucks" (who is one of us).....is trying to frame bgwah. PBsucks must have been around the forum long enough to know the actions that bgwah takes. I think that as soon as Dave sees, via IP address, who PBsucks is.....that person should be banned. Not only should they be banned but their IP address should be banned as well. Regardless of WHO this person might be.

If you were PBsucks.......come forward now and admit it....we'll find out soon enough. And maybe people won't want you to be BANNED if you come forward and appologize.

Moderately-Liberal Progressive Populist Libertarian Democrat.
dunn
YaBB God

P
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 03:15:03 am »
Ignore

Thank you Dave.
 As a paying member of your site I support it (even though I am a social democrat).  

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground - TR
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 05:11:18 am »
Ignore

I'm not a paying member yet, but intend to be as soon as my financial status increases a little... Smiley

I am ambivalent. It would be sad to have to take that sort of step, even though I realize that it might be necessary. I think things will be calming down now...or at least I hope so.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 05:29:33 am »
Ignore

I can't see the need of new forum with payment.

"Revolution" was very funny in fact. I couldn't go to sleep, because I had had to watch what was going on here. Atlas Elections is not serious thing, ATLAS FORUM is.

Real Trolls like Jesus and Apostole should be banned, guys like JFK or ilikeverin should not.

I live in Finland. I vote Conservatives (National Coalition Party) in Finnish elections, but consider myself as moderate Democrat in the USA.

In New York for the purpose of Fantasy Elections.
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 05:32:01 am »
Ignore

I can't see the need of new forum with payment.

"Revolution" was very funny in fact. I couldn't go to sleep, because I had had to watch what was going on here. Atlas Elections is not serious thing, ATLAS FORUM is.

Real Trolls like Jesus and Apostole should be banned, guys like JFK or ilikeverin should not.

I agree with that. Smiley

I think at the core of all this was the fact that some people took the fantasy stuff a little too seriously. The first election had no incidents like this and was a lot more fun, precisely b/c it was much less serious. And much nicer...

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 07:59:21 am »
Ignore

Dave! Please do not make the forum a pay forum. I can not afford to pay financially. I would hate to have to leave this forum if it was. I have met a LOT of good people here and have had a LOT of good discussion. Please Please do not make it pay.
Clay
GWBFan
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -6.61

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 08:40:29 am »
Ignore

I second what StatesRights said.  If this forum becomes a paid forum, I'll have to leave, simple as that.  I just dont have room in my personal budget for online political election message boards.  I'm a junkie for this site, but I won't pay for my addiction...

JohnFKennedy
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 11:06:56 am »
Ignore

Dave Leip (I- MA) would like the floor. ..
Looks like things have gotten a bit out-of-control here...
Nym90, Gustav?  I realize that as the site and forum gains popularity, we get troublemakers from time to time (although I would like to ask that instead of casting "troll" accuasations in posts, to just report the post you think is a problem).  

I don't know how many forum members have signed up for full site membership, but I am considering launching a separate forum that has the member barrier to keep a separate, more civilized forum without the problems.  Any thoughts?  Unfortunately, simple machines is still in beta and I was hoping for a 1.0 final release to use with a new forum.
Dave Leip (I-MA) releases the floor.

May I apologise profusely to you Dave, at the time, we were joking around on aim chat, myself attempting to get Gustaf to run for President as an Independent with me. Everyone present thought the idea of a revolution was hilarious so we started one, as a few who weren't involved have said, they also found it funny. We tried to keep it contained, but the outburst in response was huge.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 03:56:10 pm by Disgraced Former Senator John F. Kennedy »Logged
TexasGurl
texasgurl24
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: -9.57, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 02:05:02 pm »
Ignore

bgwah told me in a private chat that he was NOT PBSucks...and he said that Dave will find out (as will the rest of us) when he sees that bgwah and PBSucks don't have the same IP addresses. If bgwah is NOT PBsucks.....then that means that ONE of us is. PBsucks is unarguably a troll....as soon as he signed up he knew who everyone was....he said...."Gustaf Sucks"....as well as "PBrunsel" sucks.....(or something to the effect)....he also said "I love Jesus! I love Jesus!" which would make anyone see the allusion to bgwah. This person either IS bgwah (which means bgwah is lying)...or the "PBsucks" (who is one of us).....is trying to frame bgwah. PBsucks must have been around the forum long enough to know the actions that bgwah takes. I think that as soon as Dave sees, via IP address, who PBsucks is.....that person should be banned. Not only should they be banned but their IP address should be banned as well. Regardless of WHO this person might be.

If you were PBsucks.......come forward now and admit it....we'll find out soon enough. And maybe people won't want you to be BANNED if you come forward and appologize.
i wanna know who it was so i can kick his narrow ass for the stuff he said about me.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 03:06:34 pm »
Ignore

i can't pay too! please don't do that!!
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2004, 03:53:46 pm »

Hey all.  Glad to see that things are recovering.  Do not fear -  I hear your feedback and have no intention of requiring membership to use the forum.  I enjoy hosting a community interested in politics and elections.  I would like to ask you all for help in maintaing a civil, respectful, and fun forum.  Please remember to think before writing and avoid emotional diatribe or personal attacks.  Please report problem posters early (and please don't respond to them).  I apreciate it very much!
Thanks,
Dave
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 03:57:02 pm »
Ignore

Hey all.  Glad to see that things are recovering.  Do not fear -  I hear your feedback and have no intention of requiring membership to use the forum.  I enjoy hosting a community interested in politics and elections.  I would like to ask you all for help in maintaing a civil, respectful, and fun forum.  Please remember to think before writing and avoid emotional diatribe or personal attacks.  Please report problem posters early (and please don't respond to them).  I apreciate it very much!
Thanks,
Dave

Thanks Dave Smiley
Sibboleth Bist
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 03:58:59 pm »
Ignore

Someone called "PBsucks"
registered at 05:28:32pm (what is says on the profile) tohe email on the profile is: lilmentor@yahoo.com

Huckleberry Finn
Finn
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2004, 04:11:33 pm »
Ignore

Thanks,
Dave
Thanks Dave! Your Forum is brilliant.

I live in Finland. I vote Conservatives (National Coalition Party) in Finnish elections, but consider myself as moderate Democrat in the USA.

Huckleberry Finn
Finn
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2004, 04:12:52 pm »
Ignore

Like good detective story....

??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2004, 12:58:06 am »
Ignore

Thank you so so much Dave! This is about the only place I've ever found on that net that isn't," Democrats rule, Bush sucks" and the other way around. This is a kick butt forum if I must say so myself.
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2004, 02:25:03 am »
Ignore

http://profiles.yahoo.com/lilmentor
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2004, 02:26:31 am »
Ignore

Interesting to find out its Shapeshifter!!!
Sibboleth Bist
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2004, 03:31:04 am »
Ignore

Urgh

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2004, 03:34:38 am »
Ignore

Interesting to find out its Shapeshifter!!!

I should take this as a joke, right?  I'd think ShapeShifterwould create a "JFORDsucks" profile before a "PBsucks" profile.

Shut you hole... Conservatism is dead. I hope I get to see your head paraded on a pike with it.
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2004, 08:29:50 am »
Ignore

No joke.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: