Indian Men Sexually Harass Women Via Mobile Phones
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:44:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Indian Men Sexually Harass Women Via Mobile Phones
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indian Men Sexually Harass Women Via Mobile Phones  (Read 1139 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2017, 09:39:04 AM »

When put in context, Indian men have a really sick cultural mindset:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

source
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 01:16:15 PM »

I used to read sites about callers from strange numbers. These were usually Indian, and occasionally you would see reports of women getting offensive calls. This is deeply disturbing stuff, and it doesn't surprise me. India's got issues.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »

Frankly I don't care what happens to Indian women until the Lok Sabha repeals Paragraph 377.

Apparently the British are not good enough to govern India but their Victorian laws about sex are just perfect.

I don't mean to sound anti-Indian, cause I'm not. Jamaica has the same problem, but as a major country this issue should have been cleared up years ago.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »

These kind of monsters shouldn't be allowed to continue violating women. Prison isn't the only(or best) way.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:11:37 PM »

Feminism needs to focus its efforts here if it wants to repair its reputation, not bother with BS small fry western issues.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 07:14:45 PM »

Feminism needs to focus its efforts here if it wants to repair its reputation, not bother with BS small fry western issues.

This s**t still happens in the US. Not as often, but the apathy is often pretty similar(not AS extreme, but still).

Plus, many of the feminists here can't really influence places like India much, so they instead opt for targeting less extreme but still very real issues in the US that they can actually influence.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 07:51:17 PM »

Toss the book at these scumbags. India needs serious reform on these sorts of issues.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 06:44:42 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2017, 06:46:15 PM by Meclazine »

Well. What can you say.

OK, I asked my telecommunications company in 2004 to block the country of "India" from ringing my home number. We were inundated with rude IT phone calls asking for PC repairs because we had a virus.

The phone company said they could not block a "complete country".

"Hi, I am ringing from New Delhi IT, and we have detected a virus on your PC"

So I used to say "We dont have a computer in this house."

And that used to stuff them up totally.

In 2015, I met my girlfriend through online dating, and one of the common complaints I had when I dated women was that they were being contacted online by Indian men trying to get to Australia.

The theme with both situations.

Harassment.

It's a cultural stereotype for Indian men as long as telecommunication devices have been available.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »

Bizarre thread. Every country has issues. FWIW the Indian American men in my life are some of the most progressive, feminist men I know.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 07:06:45 PM »

Bizarre thread. Every country has issues. FWIW the Indian American men in my life are some of the most progressive, feminist men I know.
Ironically, most of the Indian men I know are also the wealthiest people I know. My friend hung out with a group of mostly Indian kids who were loaded. Kinda funny when you think about the filthy seedy streets of Mumbai where this stuff is taking place.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »

Yeah, while India definitely suffers from strong patriarchal structures (especially in the North) this broad-brush racism is just that.

And I'm not sure all women in the West should give up struggling for their rights to rush off to India and try to do...something? Nor do I think any man in the West claiming that applies that logic to his rights v the rights of men in developing countries.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »

I'm not sure what people think Western feminists should do in India? This kind of stuff already gets a lot of attention in Indian feminist circles, and there are a lot of Indian feminists who try to bring more notice to this stuff in India and the West. Changing attitudes in such a massive and diverse country just takes a lot of time among other things. Anyway, feminists still have issues to deal with here...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies