McInnes assaulted at NYU. Pepperspayed. Professor advocated violence. 11 arrests
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:43:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  McInnes assaulted at NYU. Pepperspayed. Professor advocated violence. 11 arrests
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: McInnes assaulted at NYU. Pepperspayed. Professor advocated violence. 11 arrests  (Read 4563 times)
JJC

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2017, 12:09:10 PM »

This is insane. This is not normal. This is something you expect from religious cultists.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Remember, these people, who are trying to shut down 'unfavorable' opinions, deem themselves as 'anti-fascists'. It's always the same twisted shtick. 'Racist! Xenophobes! Homophobes! Nazi's™!' Blanch repeat. Blanch repeat.

11 people were arrested.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 12:11:51 PM »

McInnes is far worse than Richard Spencer, but of course, violence is still bad.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »

Gavin McInnes sucks.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »

McInnes deserves this.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 12:14:53 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2017, 12:24:34 PM by DavidB. »

I don't know who this guy is, but I do think it's time for the Trump administration to keep track on universities that have become dens of violence. It's getting out of hand. This is not normal.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 12:17:07 PM »

Oh poor neo-nazi Gavin I weep for him
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 12:21:19 PM »

He deserves it much more than Milo does IMO but these sorts of things are counter-productive. The most effective tactic is still to just ignore them.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 12:21:43 PM »

I hope JJC's condescending tsk-tsk'ing over time causes more people here  to agree with the protestors.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 12:23:29 PM »

If this professor thinks this kind of violence against bigotry works well in America she should take another look at history.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 12:24:19 PM »

It's funny how white supremacists, racists, and neo-nazis now feel comfortable enough to go to public venues to preach their deformed worldview. They didn't expect that Americans still don't accept such a perversion. Of course, there are people like JJC who will defend them even though they, supposedly, don't believe in what they say.

I don't advocate violence, but they need to know that what they're communicating to the public will not be accepted. You are going to diverse public spaces to tell people that they're innately worth less in your worldview. Yeah, that's not going to go over well.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 12:25:41 PM »

He deserves it much more than Milo does IMO but these sorts of things are counter-productive. The most effective tactic is still to just ignore them.

Ignoring people who spread hate and ignorance won't stop the spread of hate and ignorance. Too many liberals and conservatives today have become tolerant of behavior and rhetoric that's dangerous to our democracy and values. You don't ignore cancer and hope it goes away; you don't ignore a bully and hope they get tired of it; you destroy them.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 12:27:48 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2017, 12:31:03 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

My friend is the one who invited him, and he livestreamed the whole thing Smiley Very exciting to watch unfold! Glad those protesters got showed up! They will pay for their crimes.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »

I don't know who this guy is, but I do think it's time for the Trump administration to keep track on universities that have become dens of violence. It's getting out of hand. This is not normal.

We should just send these kids back to preschool so they can learn to not hit the other children. The American universities are hitting new lows.
JJC

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 12:39:17 PM »

I hope JJC's condescending tsk-tsk'ing over time causes more people here  to agree with the protestors.

No one but loons agree with you. You and your fascists cultist are an extreme minority and always will be.

You angry, bigoted, hateful people will always be a minority. Always. It may not seem like it to you, because people like you surround yourselves with like-minded cultists. But your ideas are horrible and your means of achieving them are even worse.

That's all you are; an angry, hateful, spiteful person who dreams of hurting people you don't like. 'Nazi' to you is just an insult. A 'Nazi' is a person you don't like. When you advocate 'punching nazi's', what you are really saying is; 'I support hurting people who I don't agree with'.

Which happens to be the vast majority of the country.

Because you are not normal. You never will be. Fortunately though, decent people far outnumber the violent radicals.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 12:45:52 PM »

No one but loons agree with you. You and your fascists cultist are an extreme minority and always will be.

You angry, bigoted, hateful people will always be a minority. Always. It may not seem like it to you, because people like you surround yourselves with like-minded cultists. But your ideas are horrible and your means of achieving them are even worse.

That's all you are; an angry, hateful, spiteful person who dreams of hurting people you don't like. 'Nazi' to you is just an insult. A 'Nazi' is a person you don't like. When you advocate 'punching nazi's', what you are really saying is; 'I support hurting people who I don't agree with'.

Because you are not normal. You never will be. Fortunately though, decent people far outnumber the violent radicals.

Do you ever read your posts back and realize all your critiques could easily be directed at yourself?

Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 12:47:39 PM »

LMAO, all these criticisms could be applied to you far right dullards.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 12:52:38 PM »

Ignoring people who spread hate and ignorance won't stop the spread of hate and ignorance. Too many liberals and conservatives today have become tolerant of behavior and rhetoric that's dangerous to our democracy and values. You don't ignore cancer and hope it goes away; you don't ignore a bully and hope they get tired of it; you destroy them.

This is actually the correct way of thinking; that which is antithetical to American democratic values must be confronted and dismissed directly. Of course, it is imperative for this confrontation to be held through dialogue and debate rather than fisticuffs. Those advocating for us to ignore such ideologies invoke the danger of eroding our values into a "dead dogma" as warned by Mill.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 01:00:17 PM »

This is actually the correct way of thinking; that which is antithetical to American democratic values must be confronted and dismissed directly. Of course, it is imperative for this confrontation to be held through dialogue and debate rather than fisticuffs. Those advocating for us to ignore such ideologies invoke the danger of eroding our values into a "dead dogma" as warned by Mill.

The only problem with trying to attack these viewpoints through dialogue and debate is that fascists don't respond to that rhetoric. If you try to confront the problem as you would a normal, rational debater, you've already lost. Therefore, you can only ridicule them because the cuts right into their narcissistic sensibilities.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »

1) Never heard of them

2) I thought we established pepper spray was just a food product, like, six years ago.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 01:01:55 PM »

Exactly. I'd much, much rather everyone, left and right, D and R, stand in solidarity to let these people know their views aren't accepted and their speech won't be tolerated. We don't need violence to convey that point. But in the absence of such a unified front, as a last resort, I'd support violence against them if it's only the violent who're willing to confront them.
JJC

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 01:02:19 PM »

I never see far-righters rioting and trying to shut down descent. I never see them looting or breaking things.  If someone does, it is wrong and I condemn it.

I condemn all violence against people with differing opinions, no matter who they are, or how outrages I think those opinions are.

The left always labels conservatives as 'inciting violence' and 'threatening people'. Yet I see hatred, bigotry, and threats of violence against me every. single. day.

I can tune into MSNBC or any liberal blog (or 'news' network) and listen to people tell me that I'm racist xenophobic, bigoted, sexism--ect, ect. I can listen to them say that I should not be aloud to express my views because they deem them as hateful and bigoted.

Let me ask you, what's the difference between that, and some right winger wanting to strip muslims of the first amendment because he thinks they spread homophobia, bigotry, and sexism?

Where would you stand on that? I'm pretty sure you would be screaming about the downfall of liberty of such an instance.

For the record, I do think the ideology of islam spreads all of those things. And no, I don't think they should be silenced. And I condemn anyone who thinks they should be.

Silencing opposition - even opposition that you think is hateful - always leads to tyranny.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 01:07:36 PM »

I never see far-righters rioting and trying to shut down descent. I never see them looting or breaking things.  If someone does, it is wrong and I condemn it.

I condemn all violence against people with differing opinions, no matter who they are, or how outrages I think those opinions are.

The left always labels conservatives as 'inciting violence' and 'threatening people'. Yet I see hatred, bigotry, and threats of violence against me every. single. day.

I can tune into MSNBC or any liberal blog (or 'news' network) and listen to people tell me that I'm racist xenophobic, bigoted, sexism--ect, ect. I can listen to them say that I should not be aloud to express my views because they deem them as hateful and bigoted.

Let me ask you, what's the difference between that, and some right winger wanting to strip muslims of the first amendment because he thinks they spread homophobia, bigotry, and sexism?

Where would you stand on that? I'm pretty sure you would be screaming about the downfall of liberty of such an instance.

For the record, I do think the ideology of islam spreads all of those things. And no, I don't think they should be silenced. And I condemn anyone who thinks they should be.

Silencing opposition - even opposition that you think is hateful - always leads to tyranny.

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »

Rjjr77
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2017, 01:10:34 PM »

These college riots worry me, I truly hope they don't sucker punch or pepper spray the wrong person at one of these and wind up dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies