US military convoy drives through Kentucky flying Trump campaign flag
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:34:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US military convoy drives through Kentucky flying Trump campaign flag
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: US military convoy drives through Kentucky flying Trump campaign flag  (Read 1229 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »

What's wrong with honering the president?
Nothing, but doing so while in uniform (and especially from a DoD vehicle) is very much against the law.  As it should be.

Well obviously this shouldn't be allowed, but it isn't that big of a deal.

Actually, it's a big deal. The military of the United States cannot be political or demonstrate any preference/allegiance/support for a cause for any particular entity or organization besides the United States of America.

Yes, but this sounds like it was probably some individual soldiers who were showing support for Trump without thinking about the implications. It would be different if it was the whole convoy or if Trump or a high ranking officer or official ordered it or something.
It was the LEAD vehicle, everybody in the column knew they were flying that flag, including whatever Major (or whatever officer was in charge, I don't know what level of officer would be in charge of a convoy) was in charge.  THAT person is in the most trouble (or at least better be) because that person really really screwed the pooch here.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 12:35:27 PM »

Big deal. This sort of thing with being overly politically correct is the reason Trump was elected in the first place.

1. Read the dictionary definition of political correctness.

2. Delete your post.

Casnew's best post ever.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2017, 02:09:26 PM »

Stupid thing to do. Another example of what I felt when I saw teachers having little kids since songs in class about Barack Obama.

This is just the stuff I had to deal with for eight years. Liberals have to take what they too dish out.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2017, 02:28:10 PM »

Big deal. This sort of thing with being overly politically correct is the reason Trump was elected in the first place.

1. Read the dictionary definition of political correctness.

2. Delete your post.

Casnew's best post ever.

I've never understood the obsession with political correctness - a term coined by the right, and used pretty much exclusively by the right. It's just a massive straw-man that allows someone to duck any accusation of verbal impropriety without actually having to defend what they said.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »

Okay, I'm in the military and I can tell you that political activities are severely limited. You can vote and attend political rallies in civilian clothes and that is about it. Attending a partisan event, such as a Democratic dinner is prohibited. You are not even allowed to talk about politics, not even to make a reference about the recent presidential election.

And yes, flying the Trump campaign flag is prohibited.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »

Okay, I'm in the military and I can tell you that political activities are severely limited. You can vote and attend political rallies in civilian clothes and that is about it. Attending a partisan event, such as a Democratic dinner is prohibited. You are not even allowed to talk about politics, not even to make a reference about the recent presidential election.

And yes, flying the Trump campaign flag is prohibited.
I'm pretty sure you can talk about politics privately and attend partisan events (if in civilian clothes).  Not 100% sure though.

well, now I am...from the DoD
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies