Federal Judge Issues Restraining Order on Immigration EO (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:50:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Federal Judge Issues Restraining Order on Immigration EO (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federal Judge Issues Restraining Order on Immigration EO  (Read 2887 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 05, 2017, 09:30:16 AM »

I don't think his restraining order will hold up, and thankfully, many of the visas that were already revoked will take months to get back if they even try. By then, hopefully, the President's order will be re-instated.

It is more important to protect American's safety than to protect the emotional feelings of foreigners. Safety first. Trust me, Trump has more support across the country than some on the coasts may think. The people freaking out about this never liked him anyway, so I don't get worked up about it.

FDR locked AMERICANS up in camps and Democrats idolize him. That was terrible. Saying we want a temporary ban on immigrants from certain countries is hardly that controversial.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 09:55:39 AM »

I don't think his restraining order will hold up, and thankfully, many of the visas that were already revoked will take months to get back if they even try. By then, hopefully, the President's order will be re-instated.

It is more important to protect American's safety than to protect the emotional feelings of foreigners. Safety first. Trust me, Trump has more support across the country than some on the coasts may think. The people freaking out about this never liked him anyway, so I don't get worked up about it.

FDR locked AMERICANS up in camps and Democrats idolize him. That was terrible. Saying we want a temporary ban on immigrants from certain countries is hardly that controversial.

Since when did you become Russian?  I have to assume you did so given your extreme whataboutism.  The EO did nothing to improve our safety. If anything, the botched way it was implemented degraded our security.  I agree with you that our safety is important, but I see it as more important than the emotional feelings of cowardly xenophobes, overreacting to pinpricks. Even worse, the EO doesn't target the countries from which most terrorists originate who have struck the US while here.

We don't know that for sure. How the hell do we know what comes across the desk of the President? Who are we to assume?

Why take the risk?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 10:04:00 AM »

Even worse, the EO doesn't target the countries from which most terrorists originate who have struck the US while here.

We don't know that for sure. How the hell do we know what comes across the desk of the President? Who are we to assume?

We don't have to assume.  We have the text of the EO and know which seven nations it targets.  We know the nationalities of those who have committed attacks here.  These are facts and they show a complete disconnect.  I realize that facts are unpopular among the followers of the Groppenfueher, but they still are facts.  The last time we saw such an utter disconnect from reality, the US invaded Iraq because of Al-Qaeda. (Well not really, but that was the excuse that was given us.)

Yeah and the person who voted for that war was your choice for President last year. So whose hypocritical now?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies