House Of Cards Season 5 Trailer released:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:04:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  House Of Cards Season 5 Trailer released:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: House Of Cards Season 5 Trailer released:  (Read 1759 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2017, 02:00:05 AM »

It feels similar to how West Wing was after Season 5. I mean, I'll watch it, but I just don't have a "wow this is so realistic", that I had watching early West Wing.

I just got caught up on season 4. So, I am very much intrigued, even if the show has been ugh, as of late.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2017, 03:15:04 AM »

Just watched the trailer again; the map is very unlikely. Frank wouldn't win West Virginia while losing Florida and Colorado.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2017, 11:20:05 AM »

Just watched the trailer again; the map is very unlikely. Frank wouldn't win West Virginia while losing Florida and Colorado.

In an election between a young and fairly moderate Republican from New York and a populist-y Southern Democrat, I don't think it requires that much artistic license.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2017, 09:36:21 AM »

So have people been watching the fifth season?

I have to say, Underwood vs. Conway is like LBJ vs. Rubio.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2017, 12:44:18 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2017, 12:52:44 PM by Chairman of the 2024 Trump campaign for Russian president »

So have people been watching the fifth season?

I have to say, Underwood vs. Conway is like LBJ vs. Rubio.

I'm eight episodes in.

I didn't expect that they turn the election into a complete clusterf**k which makes the outcome of Bush vs. Gore in 2000 look like the epitome of orderliness and uneventfulness.

Conway seemed like a decent alternative (relatively speaking, this is the HoC universe after all) to the sociopathic Underwoods, until he started to fall apart und become increasingly unhinged. I like Conway's campaign manager though, since he's the only sane person on the show apart from that report guy. He's like someone from the real world who got transplanted into the world of House of Cards and has to the deal with all the madness there. Tongue

Perhaps the most unrealistic season this far, but I kind of enjoy it despite (or because of) its ridiculousness. You've got to watch it as a comedy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2017, 08:45:52 PM »

Writers used far-fetched and legally dubious plot twist just to prolong the drama for another season. This is pathetic.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2017, 08:51:01 PM »

This season is kinda boring. I'm on episode 5. I might watch one tonight, but probably not.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 11:31:58 AM »

I've finished the complete season now. While I enjoyed the election stuff, the season jumped the shark for me right after the election story was completed. After that, characters - including Frank - started to do random stuff for no apparent reason and by the end nothing seemed to make much sense anymore.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 02:25:23 PM »

I've finished the complete season now. While I enjoyed the election stuff, the season jumped the shark for me right after the election story was completed. After that, characters - including Frank - started to do random stuff for no apparent reason and by the end nothing seemed to make much sense anymore.

Yeah I somewhat agree. The reveals in the last 2 episodes are a bit hard to swallow. (spoilers below)

With the body count climbing even higher now, including some very prominent people, it's hard to see how they're going to get away with this for much longer, especially now that several reporters are questioning whether or not they are capable of such actions.

I guess they're going to try and pin it all on Doug and he's just going to go along with it. :shrugs:

Glad to see Claire breaking the 4th wall though.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »

^^

*Spoilers below*

Yeah, mostly there seems to have been a change with regards to Frank Underwood. So far, he always followed a grand long-term scheme, but now his decisions have become more erratic and he makes things up as he goes along. He went to such great lenghts to defeat Conway and get re-elected, but then he apparently decides to just quit and hand the presidency over to Claire because he had spent a weekend in the woods with a couple of powerful CEOs who taught him the private sector is where the real power lies and because the investigation into his crimes had been opened up again (like he wasn't able to see that one coming).
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 03:00:26 PM »

Thoughts on Mark Usher and Jane Davis? Usher seems normal. Davis -- I have no idea what she is.
diptheriadan

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 03:25:53 PM »

This season sucked ass. It's like one unrealistic bullsh**t idea after the other. First you have Claire being nominated for VP. Then you have everyone freaking out over a (relatively small) terrorist group. Then you have Frank being able to obviously steal an election. Then you have random scandal coming out of nowhere. Then you have Frank resigning. And then it's revealed that Frank is the leak. All in a span of a little over 4 months. Grade A, FDA-approved, Montana born-and-bred, bullsh**t!
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2017, 06:36:50 PM »

*SPOLIERS*

It was good until the last two episodes. The Frank resigning thing was just bullsh**t.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 07:12:48 PM »

*SPOLIERS*

It was good until the last two episodes. The Frank resigning thing was just bullsh**t.

Agreed. It just doesn't make sense. I thought it was going to be a trick at first, like when he said he wouldn't run. But nope it apparently it's final and he's dug himself a hole with Claire.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies