Office of Delegate JustinTimeCuber
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:53:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Delegate JustinTimeCuber
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Office of Delegate JustinTimeCuber  (Read 5450 times)
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2017, 01:00:34 AM »

Congratulations on that great result!
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2017, 01:03:36 AM »

Congratulations on that great result!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2017, 05:59:44 AM »

Congratulations!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2017, 06:41:06 AM »

Congrats on getting elected, and helping to turn the South a glorious shade of maroon.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2017, 07:58:47 AM »

Thanks! Smiley
Congrats on getting elected, and helping to turn the South a glorious shade of maroon.
We did it! We can't stop fighting yet, there's a long road of policy work ahead, and elections we need to be prepared for in April and May. I am, however, very excited about our new South. Labor can work magic sometimes, *groups* originally thought this race was almost in the bag for the conservatives, and here we are now. Smiley
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2017, 09:33:15 AM »

I can't ever leave the south can I Sad Congratulations tho
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2017, 10:23:33 AM »

I can't ever leave the south can I Sad Congratulations tho
Thanks
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2017, 12:41:13 PM »

Congrats on your historic victory!  Looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish together in the Chamber of Delegates.  Smiley
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2017, 01:23:51 PM »

CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS - ST. LOUIS, MO
Thank you so much! What happened last weekend was truly spectacular. Everyone thought that we had no chance. But you made your voices heard. We won because people voted, and that's a truly great thing about democracy. I will be honored to serve as your Delegate, standing up for the rights of the working class, who have seen their incomes stagnate and decline. Standing up for the rights of minorities and LGBT people who have seen their rights under attack.

We can also do a lot more to promote the health of all Southerners. I support universal healthcare, and if we can't do it nationally, let's get it done here, so that people don't die or go bankrupt because they don't have insurance.

I'd also like to congratulate Governor-elect NeverAgain on his impressive victory. And to Delegates-elect fhtagn and Jacobin American, we did it! I hope we can get some impressive things done in the next two months. I also would like to thank Speaker Ben Kenobi and Delegate-elect CELTICEMPIRE for debating on the issues that matter, and although I don't want to compromise my values, I am completely open to working with you guys.

Thanks again to all my voters, and whether you voted for me or not, you know what I stand for and you know that I'm going to stand by those principles. Thank you all and Dave bless.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »

Fantastic outcome - many congrats!

(Also Ben Kenobi is gonna be impossible to work with, trust me - I see he's already crammed the legislative queue to the brim just like in 2012)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2017, 09:00:13 AM »

Congrats on your historic victory!  Looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish together in the Chamber of Delegates.  Smiley
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2017, 08:51:07 AM »

Thanks to the Labor Caucus for voting me as floor leader!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2017, 05:11:12 PM »

(Also Ben Kenobi is gonna be impossible to work with, trust me - I see he's already crammed the legislative queue to the brim just like in 2012)

Unless they were changed, there's actually something in the chamber rules about prioritizing bills for delegates who don't have a bill on the floor.  I wrote them!  Smiley
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2017, 05:56:35 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 05:58:31 PM by Delegate-Elect JustinTimeCuber »

Unless they were changed, there's actually something in the chamber rules about prioritizing bills for delegates who don't have a bill on the floor.  I wrote them!  Smiley
"Discretion of the Speaker" might come in handy too. The rules were a good start but were unfortunately not really debated, and I think they do to be elaborated in some ways, making certain procedures more clear, which I hope *our next speaker* *ahem* makes a priority.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2017, 09:50:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The rules actually used to work this way, giving it to the discretion of the speaker which bills came up. Last I recall it was Labor who changed the rules so that this no longer happened. Wink

I'm fine with giving discretion, I find it amusing that you don't like the rules that I operated under, that all bills had to be taken up in the order in which they were proposed...
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2017, 10:42:37 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 10:44:55 PM by Delegate-Elect JustinTimeCuber »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The rules actually used to work this way, giving it to the discretion of the speaker which bills came up. Last I recall it was Labor who changed the rules so that this no longer happened. Wink

I'm fine with giving discretion, I find it amusing that you don't like the rules that I operated under, that all bills had to be taken up in the order in which they were proposed...
I looked through all the Southern law, and didn't see a rule amendment other than the Deputy Speaker thing.

Okay, so if next election we lose control of the chamber and you become Speaker again, I'll sponsor 50  pointless bills so that you can't get anything done, that sounds fair. Really, I think that the Speaker along with two concurring members should be able to kill legislation that clearly only is meant to halt all meaningful legislation. If you propose real, substantive bills, even if they are crazily far-right, I would vote NAY in killing the legislation and I believe fhtagn and Jacobin would side with me on that.

Just want to point out that during your weeks of being Speaker, no Laborite has DDoSed the introduction thread. We believe in efficient, effective government, you believe in North Carolina-style blocking of the new Governor from doing anything. Just imagine if you guys had a 4-1 majority in the Chamber. You would 100% be pushing through bills that block Nev from doing anything. I don't think the next Speaker of the Chamber of Delegates should allow a single Delegate to kill all legislative function. Again, propose meaningful legislation without doing like 12 at once and that's fine.

Heck, even if your free range prisons bill weren't part of spamming the legislature with bills, it could be considered (and pretty quickly killed after 48 hours of debate and a 48 hour vote)
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2017, 11:53:41 AM »

I have looked into this quite a bit and I've decided that I intend on declaring candidacy for Speaker. The two main reasons I'm doing this:

1) I believe I can give all bills fair consideration, unless they are clearly intended to halt our legislative process. This includes bills which I believe are completely insane, as long as, again, the sponsor's intentions in introducing the legislation are not malicious against the Chamber's legislative process.
2) I'm like addicted to this forum and refresh it like every 10 minutes. We won't have any big delays in the consideration of legislation, which is important on both sides of the aisle.

Some people have pointed out to me a rule in the Southern Chamber Labor Caucus rules, which I wrote, that appears to suppress other members of the caucus from running for Speaker other than the Floor Leader. I was also somewhat worried after re-reading that rule, which I realized was not worded the way I intended. I would like to see that rule removed, because I don't want to be in the caucus that suppresses dissent. I would like Delegate J_American and Delegate-elect fhtagn to know that I do not intend to try to enforce the rule, and that if either of them run against me as Speaker, our caucus will not punish them. I apologize to anyone who was worried about that rule, the wording was my mistake.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2017, 12:53:10 PM »

Supported! I wish you luck on your Speakership!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2017, 12:34:20 PM »

Thanks to my fellow Delegates for making me Speaker, let's get some legislation on the floor starting 9 PM when the vote officially ends.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2017, 01:00:51 PM »

Unfortunately, you failed to cast a valid ballot. Sad
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2017, 01:05:22 PM »

Unfortunately, you failed to cast a valid ballot. Sad
oh, bullsh**t. tell me another one. actually f**k off.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2017, 10:39:49 PM »

I'm declaring for re-election, but I know it's early, so campaign kickoff on April 15.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2017, 02:49:41 PM »

TOWN HALL EVENT
I'll be taking questions, but first, let me tell you what's going on in the legislature.

We unfortunately have been slow in starting up, but we're currently debating two pieces of legislation: S1, which is a frivolous and poorly written bill which seeks to name our great region an acronym: "the IDS". Not even "the Imperial Dominion of the South," which it would have done if it were well-written. Not to mention, that's a horrible name for a region with a thriving democracy. So I say to Mr. Kenobi, have a Governor, not an Emperor. I'd like suggestions on potential names other than "Jefferson" and "Imperial Dominion of the South" so that we can pursue a referendum of the People like Lincoln did, and not a top-down decision.

The other legislation on the floor, S2, is much more relevant. Our current rules were apparently too unclear, allowing too much control to the presiding officer in some cases and too little in others. S2 is a complete re-write of these rules. I support this idea completely, and I proposed an amendment to clarify some other aspects. I hope you guys will talk to other Delegates and encourage them to support S2 and the amendment.

We hope to consider some major legislation in the next few weeks, including finally passing transgender rights and increasing the minimum wage for those who need it.

Now I will answer your questions, whether from a Southern citizen or a citizen of one of those fake regions who wants to meddle in our politics!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2017, 03:45:47 AM »

S1, which is a frivolous and poorly written bill which seeks to name our great region an acronym: "the IDS". Not even "the Imperial Dominion of the South," which it would have done if it were well-written.

Question one: you do realize you can amend bills, right? No one with the ability to amend bills in a chamber, imo, should ever be complaining about a bill in said chamber being poorly-written.

Question two: why do you not think we should honor the region's history? The old south had many of it's best years under the IDS name. Please don't tell me you think this is a new idea Ben just made up? You realize it was the name of the old iteration of the region for a while, right?

Question three (so I don't look like an a-hole for only asking annoying questions Tongue): what is your opinion on occupational licensing?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2017, 07:38:03 AM »

1. I do understand why I might do that, but the reason I haven't is because I'm not in favor of the name in the first place, so it would be odd for me to offer an amendment that makes that our name.

2. Of course we should honor the region's history, but I also think things have changed, and we're at a point where a lot of Southerners don't remember those times. I'm not completely opposed to having a kinda silly name, though, nor am I opposed to having IDS put on the ballot if we do a referendum, which I of course am in favor of doing.

3. That's a complicated issue which I don't have time to answer about right now, I'll be back to you in a few hours on that one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies