What would a republican version/mirror/whatever of Alice Scarlet be like?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:56:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would a republican version/mirror/whatever of Alice Scarlet be like?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What would a republican version/mirror/whatever of Alice Scarlet be like?  (Read 1162 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 07:35:58 PM »

Intelligence level wouldn't change much.

Why does it sound like you suddenly have a huge grudge.

I've found your political views to be less than stellar for quite a while.

What have I said that makes me so bad that I'd apparently not be any worse on the right? Is it my distaste for the word "populist" (the meaning of which you don't seem to know)? You don't sound like this when you talk about loons like er.

The problem is not so much your distaste for the word, but the conclusions you draw from it.

I have some idea what you might be saying, but can you elaborate?

Your general dismissiveness toward the mass of the people and what their wishes, preferences and beliefs might be if they don't conform with your views of what "proper" political discourse should be.

I believe that our political discourse is too focused on feelings and identities, and it too often ignores the nuances of political issues. Is that really so bad of a position to have? The majority is not always right, anyway. For a long time, the majority of people in america supported slavery. The vast majority of people supported letting horrible things happen to gay and trans people. The majority of people opposed women's rights.

...Considering that, among other things, to get into the school I'm in you have to take a test that you're supposed to have to be in the top 2% of the population regarding intelligence to pass(I got almost perfect), my SAT scores are in the top 1(maybe top 2) percentile despite the fact that I'm not even a junior yet, the fact that I was actually disappointed by how easy the concepts in my supposedly super hard classes are(I find myself often easily understanding classes that some of my quite smart peers struggle with) etc. I'm definitely not dumb. What is the reason you make this claim?

Bragging about meeting educational standards isn't a sign of intelligence, it's a sign of vanity.

Stop caring so much what people on the internet think about you.

It was part of a discussion about me in which my intelligence was called into question. I haven't ever said anything about those things before now(AFAIK).
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 07:52:08 PM »

You realize the description you just gave applies to Extreme Republican as well lol
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2017, 07:54:54 PM »

You might be a fantastic engineer or a physicist, but you seem to have relatively little grasp of the human world.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2017, 07:58:08 PM »

Also, you broke The Rule.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2017, 08:02:17 PM »

Also, the question could have been hosted in this thread.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 08:10:43 PM »

...Considering that, among other things, to get into the school I'm in you have to take a test that you're supposed to have to be in the top 2% of the population regarding intelligence to pass(I got almost perfect), my SAT scores are in the top 1(maybe top 2) percentile despite the fact that I'm not even a junior yet, the fact that I was actually disappointed by how easy the concepts in my supposedly super hard classes are(I find myself often easily understanding classes that some of my quite smart peers struggle with) etc. I'm definitely not dumb. What is the reason you make this claim?

This attitude exactly. School intelligence does not equate to intelligence on political ideals etc.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 08:44:36 PM »

Intelligence level wouldn't change much.

Why does it sound like you suddenly have a huge grudge.

I've found your political views to be less than stellar for quite a while.

What have I said that makes me so bad that I'd apparently not be any worse on the right? Is it my distaste for the word "populist" (the meaning of which you don't seem to know)? You don't sound like this when you talk about loons like er.

The problem is not so much your distaste for the word, but the conclusions you draw from it.

I have some idea what you might be saying, but can you elaborate?

Your general dismissiveness toward the mass of the people and what their wishes, preferences and beliefs might be if they don't conform with your views of what "proper" political discourse should be.

I believe that our political discourse is too focused on feelings and identities, and it too often ignores the nuances of political issues. Is that really so bad of a position to have? The majority is not always right, anyway. For a long time, the majority of people in america supported slavery. The vast majority of people supported letting horrible things happen to gay and trans people. The majority of people opposed women's rights.

Sure, the majority is not always right, but who should decide instead? The "experts" and technocrats? People with degrees? Or just Scarlet because she's enlightened and knows better than everyone else?

As for feelings, the idea that you can entirely divorce them from facts is chimerical.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 08:45:29 PM »

Well, as an example, you just posted a painfully obvious troll post by Green Line into the bad post gallery.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 09:17:47 PM »

Well, as an example, you just posted a painfully obvious troll post by Green Line into the bad post gallery.

I'm not that good at detecting trolling in online posts. I guess I just forget that its a thing and don't have my guard up. Online posts don't have vocal tone, facial expressions, body language, etc.

Also can we go back on topic?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 09:41:57 PM »

There's some snarky online article somewhere that links sarcasm to intelligence.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 10:03:06 PM »

Oh FFS, are we serious?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: