Will the midterm electorate help protect the GOP house? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:45:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will the midterm electorate help protect the GOP house? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will the midterm electorate help protect the GOP house?  (Read 3030 times)
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« on: February 05, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »

No chance in hell it cools down by November.  I can't even log into Facebook without seeing 20+ anti Trump wall posts at any given time... mostly from people I never even thought were political.  Democrats are fired up.  But not that many important races this November... I think there's what, 2 governors races?

While looking increasingly unlikely, the special election in North Carolina might get reinstated if SCOTUS makes a decision soon. I'd wager that the NCGOP's supermajority is broken in the state House should that happen.

Also, besides NJ Democrats potentially expanding their majorities, I am looking to the Virginia House of Delegates to see if a backlash to Trump is building (and to measure the rate of meaningful partisan change in VA overall). Large gains by Democrats in the HoD could signal a backlash against Republicans brewing, or at least an acceleration of VA's Democratic trend.

This is also something I'm keeping my eye on, seems like the Democrats have a good shot to break through the VA senate and make massive gains in the general assembly. If they hold onto to the governship, they're almost certain to break the lock on the Republican gerrymander of the Congressional House districts as well come next redistricting.

It's a good time to be a Democrat in Virginia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies