Will the Super Bowl halftime show be anti-Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:54:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will the Super Bowl halftime show be anti-Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will Lady Gaga criticize President Trump (explicitly or implicitly) during her Super Bowl halftime performance?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Will the Super Bowl halftime show be anti-Trump?  (Read 1101 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2017, 10:24:38 PM »

I'm certainly hoping it won't get political, but it could go either way!
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »

I'd be surprised if the answer is "no".
Fusionmunster

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 10:42:44 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2017, 10:46:40 PM by Fusionmunster »

Lady Gaga said it will be about inclusiveness, so make of that what you will...

She said she wouldn't mention the president though so dont worry.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 12:20:01 AM »

Lady Gaga said it will be about inclusiveness, so make of that what you will...

She said she wouldn't mention the president though so dont worry.

She doesn't have to mention Trump by name for everyone in the audience to understand that she's talking about him.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 12:34:18 AM »

Yes.

The only question is how overt it is.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 01:00:01 AM »

Regardless, Trump will surely see it as anti-him and bitterly tweet about it shortly thereafter.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 09:41:33 AM »

I bet it more likely will than won't. Also, while I respect Lady Gaga, I don't really trust her. If she tries to make a message I think it won't really be tasteful which will make her look like the bad guy.

And coming from a huge football fan, if you don't want your one little game and commercials and halftime show becoming political, then don't elect such a hate-filled president who is attempting to destroy American values.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 09:48:59 AM »

It won't be overt, but it may well have themes the Groppenfuehrer doesn't approve, such as tolerance, inclusiveness, and fair play.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 10:02:31 AM »

She can say whatever she wants. She will probably be booed. It's a stadium filled with males who likely overwhelmingly voted for Trump.

Ah, I love seeing the white vote disappear from the Democrats and watching them frantically looking at a few token blue counties for the desperate hope to win a national election. Smiley
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 10:09:54 AM »

Ah, I love seeing the white vote disappear from the Democrats and watching them frantically looking at a few token blue counties for the desperate hope to win a national election. Smiley
Unfortunately for you, not all whites are cowardly xenophobes, tho certainly those who are will vote Republican.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 10:16:19 AM »

Unfortunately for you, not all whites are cowardly xenophobes, tho certainly those who are will vote Republican.

I didn't even know what that word was until like...five years ago. I used to think it was people who were obsessed with xylophones.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 10:19:25 AM »

We can only hope it will be. Do a reverse of a lot of the Obama protests. So have that on a screen as she sings while they have Trump being hanged and burned etc to show the hypocrisy of President Pussygrabber and his deplorable brigade.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »

Rumor has it at the end of her setlist, a giant hand will be lowered from above and grab Lady Gaga by the pussy
Shouldn't it be a very small hand, though?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 11:25:15 AM »

It won't be overt, but it may well have themes the Groppenfuehrer doesn't approve, such as tolerance, inclusiveness, and fair play.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 11:28:13 AM »

I don't care either way. It's the Patriots vs the Falcons and I have no f**king interest in watching. I hate the Patriots and the Falcons aren't my team by a long shot.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 12:05:42 PM »

She can say whatever she wants. She will probably be booed. It's a stadium filled with males who likely overwhelmingly voted for Trump.

If you feel comfortable replicating your 2016 electoral map, more power to you, but what ammounted to an 80,000 vote loss in the midwest does not equal desperate.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 12:07:46 PM »

Yes.  Politics consumes all public discourse everywhere and every day in this country.  Why wouldn't it invade the Super Bowel too?  I would be surprised if it wasn't.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »

Any recollection of America at anything but its worst will be a denunciation of President Trump. Any celebration of liberal values is a denunciation of President Trump.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 01:17:23 PM »

Considering how many thousands of dollars Super Bowl tickets cost, I would bet that there will be more Hillary voters than Trump voters in the audience. Or maybe not since it's in Texas. But it won't be overwhelming.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 10:58:43 PM »

Surprisingly, the answer was "no" here.
kyc0705

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 11:22:30 PM »

The answer was effectively "no", but her singing "Born This Way" carried more gravity than it would have otherwise.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 09:59:26 AM »

I remember when you nickeled and dimed people with death points for excessive hyperbole.  LOL.  And don't you mean Gruppenführer?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 11:12:01 AM »

It wasn't overt, but her choice to do Born This Way--along with the part of the Pledge of Allegiance that she chose--made it a very obvious critique on the current administration and the nation at large. As a Christian myself, I am beyond proud of the classy way she showed the best parts of our country while still very gently pointing out what we could do better.
JJC

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 11:18:40 AM »

I didn't even know what that word was until like...five years ago. I used to think it was people who were obsessed with xylophones.

I always used to link it with 'anti-alien' - as in, anti extra terrestrials since to me the term xeno has been overwhelmingly used in scify in our culture.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 09:15:18 PM »

I remember when you nickeled and dimed people with death points for excessive hyperbole.  LOL.  And don't you mean Gruppenführer?

No I meant Groppenfuehrer (or Groppenführer when I'm where it's convenient for me to do ümläüts), tho I am referring to the original Nazi title with the punnish one I give to our pussy groping leader.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies