Classic Conservative wants to run your life!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:49:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Classic Conservative wants to run your life!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Classic Conservative wants to run your life!  (Read 3449 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 07:54:01 PM »
« edited: March 06, 2017, 08:16:21 PM by Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West »

Do you really believe it's the Government's role to attempt to influence elections abroad? I support a decent amount of your platform, but this is a bit troubling, to say the least.

Really? "Support conservative parties across the globe" is the one thing here you have an issue with?

As anyone who knows my political positions can tell you, I take issue with a lot of what's being said here. But, for one thing, they are often some unsavory people (as Truman mentioned), and y'all were too busy bickering about the bathroom plank to point out something that is pretty upsetting. Tongue

EDIT: "A decent amount of the platform" was a poorly written phrase, typed on the mobile phone of a guy who's operating on about four hours of sleep, referring to more... normal things that I know Classic to support from other conversations
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2017, 09:32:04 PM »

referring to more... normal things that I know Classic to support from other conversations

Yeah, #MakeClassicConservatarianAgain Sad
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 03:14:40 PM »

Courtesy of the Labor Media Team
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 03:35:08 PM »

Wow, those are indeed some great quotes. Especially the Christmas one. Sign me up!

NeverAgain February / Federalist in whenever the next one is!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 04:02:06 PM »

Well, RIPeebs. HP. Sad

(speaking of myself, an answer to my question would be nice, Classic. Bonus points if you don't claim I'm not a woman)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2017, 05:47:00 PM »

Lazy Labor doesn't even know which party Ben Kenobi is in? Sad!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 05:50:58 PM »

So you won't be voting for Ben then?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2017, 05:56:00 PM »

So you won't be voting for Ben then?
You'll have to wait for the voting booth to open to find out Wink

I do hope these LOL (Lazy Obnoxious Labor) lies do stop however.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »

Labor, both old and new, had no problems working with Ben when it advanced their purposes.

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 06:01:51 PM »

Well, it's my belief that if a hitler-apologist (extreme example obviously) wants to raise the minimum wage, then they are an ally, but only on that issue, almost everywhere else we go after them harshly.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 06:02:52 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2017, 06:06:36 PM by Blair »

Labor, both old and new, had no problems working with Ben when it advanced their purposes.

Happy to work with people when they're elected in public office- doesn't mean we shouldn't call people out for making comments such as calling Khazir Khan 'an utter scumbag', and tell the electorate what they're voting for.

I'm sure the extreme social views of ClassicConservative, and others won't stop the federalist party from supporting them this weekend ...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2017, 06:05:26 PM »

Well, it's my belief that if a hitler-apologist (extreme example obviously) wants to raise the minimum wage, then they are an ally, but only on that issue, almost everywhere else we go after them harshly.

What if it was encouraging the "Hitler apology" as means to damage the right?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2017, 06:08:40 PM »

Happy to work with people when they're elected in public office- doesn't mean we shouldn't call people out for making comments such as calling Khazir Khan 'an utter scumbag', and tell the electorate what they're voting for.

Appreciate the spin however

Well that is my point, Ben Kenobi has been extremely active in the Chamber of Delegates, he even got some high Laborite preferences if memory serves me. What is the difference between them voting for him because of his activity and us doing likewise? None

Consider moving out of the glass house before throwing the stones next time. Tongue
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2017, 06:24:26 PM by Blair »

Well that is my point, Ben Kenobi has been extremely active in the Chamber of Delegates, he even got some high Laborite preferences if memory serves me. What is the difference between them voting for him because of his activity and us doing likewise? None

Consider moving out of the glass house before throwing the stones next time. Tongue

Well I'd remind Labor voters just how Ben Kenobi has voted for a 14 week abortion limit, right to work laws and has blocked transgender civil rights.

At the end of the day, activity isn't the only measure of an elected official

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2017, 06:29:10 PM »

Well I'd remind Labor voters just how Ben Kenobi has voted for a 14 week abortion limit, right to work laws and has blocked transgender civil rights.

Still no comment on Eharding running though?

Eharding has no established reputation in this game and therefore is only known by his actions across the rest of the forum. Actions which will make his advancement in the North rather difficult unless he takes a different approach. It is fine to be passionate about issues, but it is quite another to take it to that realm. 

I have repeatedly told Classic (who as a lead proponent of the con-con should have a strong potential in this game with his reputation as a reformer) and Santander, to drop the forum wide trolling, and outrageous comments, otherwise it will hinder them in the game and lead to bullsh**t like this. It is also unfair to the other Federalists who don't deserve to have to be forced to defend nonsense on some random board, or be forced to feel obligated to choose between either defending such outrageous comments or being seen as disloyal to the party.

I will defend my members from attacks and will protect them from the Labor hit squad, but I will not condone or defend trolling and other related comments.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »

To my friend Peebs, even though you have male genetics and the Y chromosome, I respect your decision to identify as a female and will continue to call you a female. With my views regarding the Bathroom Bill, I support the right of people with male genatilia to use the males room and the right of people with female genatilia to use the women's room. When you have your sexual reassignment surgery, in a few years, you'd be able to use the girl's room under my new law. But, as you know, you have a penis and it is my belief that your identity should not determine where you go to the restroom. It should depend on your genatilia. My bathroom bill, would mandate that.

And to my good friends who run the Nazi propaganda for Labor, the communist Marxist party, which my friends will lead you into government slavery and run us into atheism and anarchy. I believe that in my comment that I made on abortion, I was stating a past opinion on punishment for abortion. I currently believe that women must undergo counseling after the abortion and that the doctor should be imprisoned for murder.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »

the Nazi propaganda for Labor, the communist Marxist party, which my friends will lead you into government slavery and run us into atheism and anarchy.

How'd you know? Shocked Shocked Shocked
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »

No because encouraging far-right loonies over normal conservatives gets done the opposite of moving the country in a progressive direction
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2017, 08:01:21 PM »

No because encouraging far-right loonies over normal conservatives gets done the opposite of moving the country in a progressive direction

Well certain folks in Labor have had other priorities at times.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2017, 08:52:48 PM »

the Nazi propaganda for Labor, the communist Marxist party, which my friends will lead you into government slavery and run us into atheism and anarchy.

How'd you know? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Sounds like something straight out of a Markov chain generator.

Anyway, Classic, while I disagree for obvious reasons and will not preference you (albeit for different reasons altogether), I respect that you gave an answer, even though I don't consider it a particularly good one. I could go into a long, convoluted rant defending my "honor system" position, but I won't.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2017, 09:40:52 PM »

And to my good friends who run the Nazi propaganda for Labor, the communist Marxist party, which my friends will lead you into government slavery and run us into atheism and anarchy.
Boy does this bring back memories.

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2017, 10:56:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Obviously #FakeNews.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2017, 10:57:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Indeed. I've been a Laborite more recently than I've been a Federalist.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2017, 12:13:55 AM »

I would compare it to showing up for a big job interview in baggy, ripped jeans and a white tank top. You can be smart and qualified for the position (and most of these folks are decently so, or at least more than they often let on in public) but what you're putting out for the interviewer/voters is unprofessional clothing/trolling. And, consequently, you kind of sell yourself short.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2017, 09:23:13 PM »

A few facts:

-Classic's campaign is pretty clearly trolling. Like, duh. Tongue

-It's not our job to micromanage every candidate, so taking the most extreme things our most extreme members say and branding it as the consensus of the party is absurd. Although I guess it makes sense from a party where one of their Distinguished Elder StatesmenTM recently tried to make a rule giving the Chair and Vice-Chair the ability to stop someone from running for President to encourage top-down rule.

-I can confirm that higher-ups in Labor have made deals with Ben as Yankee is describing. The idea that Labor is always 100% working towards "moving the country in a progressive direction" and don't routinely spend time propping up the, for lack of a better term, "far-right" for the purpose of making the rest of the party look insane is quite laughable.

-I am not a single-issue voter. And if I was, it would be on the issues that actually matter in Atlasia. Everyone currently in Congress supports legalized same-sex marriage, for example. I have strong disagreements with some Federalists on social issues, and we have discussed those disagreements. But those issues aren't ones that can be acted upon, since Laborites and moderate or libertarian Federalists will outvote them. However, many Laborites support polices that hurt people, too. Take a look at the things that have passed Fremont's legislature: raising the minimum wage to a point that would hurt rural businesses (and before you strawman me on that I signed a federal increase), anti-science GMO scaremongering, and literally abolishing private healthcare (like wtf).

Last but definitely not least:

-YOUR PARTY WAS LITERALLY LED BY A COMMUNIST!!!!!! If you think I'm being sensationalist, I am being completely serious. TNF was literally a communist, and was one of the more prominent members of the Labor Party for his Senate tenure.

(and now watch Laborites strawman one of my points to death, completely ignoring the other four)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies