Democrats/Dem leaners who live in California are throwing away their vote.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:45:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats/Dem leaners who live in California are throwing away their vote.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Democrats/Dem leaners who live in California are throwing away their vote.  (Read 904 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 11:16:12 PM »

Beet, your avatar suggests that you live in DC. If that's so, rofl.

Oh god, how did I not think of that before?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 11:17:52 PM »

What's with the hate on Cali Beet?

That is so undudelike man Wink

California is actually a pretty cool state.... not sure if you have ever spent any time down there, but definitely worth exploring.... honestly I wouldn't mind living there if I could afford the high cost of living in many parts of the state, or was able to find a job in the relatively economically depressed regions of the North Coast.

Now, regarding the voluntary self-deportations of Californians to other states, with Texas being at the top of your list, I have engaged in that exercise....

In fact, I voluntarily self-relocated from Oregon to California, as part of a long-term plan to move to Texas in order to change the politics of the great Lone Star State....

This was back in 2012.... and my plan ran amok when I was told to redeploy to Texas a week before the election. Needless to say, I was not able to vote in either state during that election.

Naturally, feeling upset that my nefarious plot to "Turn Texas Blue" in 2012 had failed, I adopted a more subversive strategy to "Turn Harris County Dark Blue" by 2016....

In order to aid in this endeavor, I decided to embrace the strategy that many of the European New Left did in the 1960s and 1970s in countries such as France, Germany, and Italy, of focusing on the largest employers within my community in NW Harris County, and a large worksite with over 9,000 direct employees and 3,000 contractors.

Unfortunately, I was not able to personally experience the fruits of my labor while in Tejas in 2016 (Record Democratic support in Harris County, Fort Bend flipping, and Montgomery Republican margins shrinking), since I needed to voluntarily self-relocate back to Oregon, realizing that we needed a solid "Bernie Freiwalll" in order to defend against the reactionary forces within the Democratic Party that were offering an opening to a future President Trump.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 11:28:26 PM »

At least the people who live in California and boost its population are also giving the Democrats a ton of House seats and electoral votes. If you live in DC you might as well not be able to vote.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 12:50:57 AM »

The icing on the cake is that Beet linked to the Daily Signal, a site that's only slightly less unhinged and biased than Breitbart.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 01:21:43 AM »

What's funny is that Beet seems to be implying or admitting(?) that Democratic policies totally fail a state. But he wants the same people who "destroyed" California to move to red states and do the same to them. So yeah, the only thing he cares about is power and winning elections, in which case it is appropriate to say...

California government is constrained by a lot of absurd propositions from the Reagan years. On the other hand the environmental lobby is too strong and allows no construction. These are issues I am not particularly partisan about.

The top 7 cities with the worst pollution in the US are all in California and you tell us that our environmental lobby is too strong?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/30/the-10-most-polluted-cities-in-the-u-s/?utm_term=.2b6d484ed30a

Hell no! I don't want dirtier air.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 01:49:19 AM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 01:55:25 AM »

I've had the same aerial picture of San Francisco as my desktop for four years.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies