Labor Winter Convention 2017-Welcome to Baltimore
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:07:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Winter Convention 2017-Welcome to Baltimore
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: Labor Winter Convention 2017-Welcome to Baltimore  (Read 7275 times)
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2017, 05:24:31 AM »

Cheyenne, let's give the smaller states some love Smiley
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2017, 11:43:23 PM »

Minneapolis, MN
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2017, 09:39:48 PM »

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2017, 09:42:20 PM »

LINO. get out.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »

FTFY. Wink
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2017, 11:56:30 PM »

You'll have to kick me out.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2017, 01:18:41 AM »

Kay. *kicks*
Wink
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2017, 09:18:52 AM »

Santander's been a loyal member of our party longer than you. If he's going, I'm going too (unless he leaves of free will, which would just make me sad)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »

lmao

okay I have come to order
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2017, 02:27:04 PM »

Santander's been a loyal member of our party longer than you. If he's going, I'm going too (unless he leaves of free will, which would just make me sad)
alright, fine, we'll let him stay Tongue
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2017, 02:29:35 PM »

Everything about this is perfect.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »

Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »

Are we able to propose suggestions for party policy, or is this still to come?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2017, 11:53:45 AM »

I was planning on opening up a separate thread to begin work on the party platform, after the final business was done for the convention.

Also after the results Denver, Colorado had the largest amount of votes... meaning that Denver will be the home to the next Labor convention in the Summer!

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2017, 12:04:32 PM »

Thank you, Labor! We'll be proud to have you.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2017, 07:41:43 PM »

I motion for amending the rules to add this following clause in the Labor party rules
You must be logged in to read this quote.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2017, 07:47:51 PM »

I motion for amending the rules to add this following clause in the Labor party rules

Thank god for democracy right?!

Seriously, though, if this is about me. Every candidate campaigns. I sent out PM's. We didn't win. I could've and should've done more. But to think that a political party has the right to stop me, or any other candidate from being a candidate, because that political party leader either views that candidate to not be campaigning or has a vendetta against that person, is entirely and wholeheartedly ridiculous.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2017, 07:49:20 PM »

Seriously, though, if this is about me. Every candidate campaigns. I sent out PM's. We didn't win. I could've and should've done more. But to think that a political party has the right to stop me, or any other candidate from being a candidate, because that political party leader either views that candidate to not be campaigning or has a vendetta against that person, is entirely and wholeheartedly ridiculous.
Well, yes it is against you. I like you at personal level and I don't have any personal vendettas against you, but you clearly sucked as a candidate and you should have been replaced before the happening of this disaster.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2017, 07:54:24 PM »

I condemn windjammer's comments about our candidate and demand his apology.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »

Nev sucked as a candidate... in the sense that he didn't risk killing himself from sleep deprivation campaigning.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2017, 08:01:57 PM »

Well, yes it is against you. I like you at personal level and I don't have any personal vendettas against you, but you clearly sucked as a candidate and you should have been replaced before the happening of this disaster.

I entirely blame myself for the loss, but to think that I sucked as a candidate is a bit of a stretch. You are more than welcome to tell me who you would've put instead, eh, never mind, it really doesn't matter. You see me as who you want to see me.

The campaign was extremely close. If you have suggestions on how we as a party can improve, instead of bashing a former standard bearer, please message myself, I usually don't "suck" at reading comprehension, or Truman, Blair, or Adam who would more than love to increase our base.

Losing does not make you bad. Or "suck". I do not consider Truman to be a bad campaigner, I don't consider Blair to be a bad campaigner, I don't consider anyone who has put themselves forward as a candidate for President and not succeeded to be a bad campaigner.

On the flip side, I do have the utmost respect for you, and understand that you have a way of lashing out and acting very (expletive)ish, something that you openly admit. We as Labor are a family, as I see it, we have our ups and we have our downs, we have our problems, but we also come together for solutions. Please join the solution.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2017, 08:10:44 PM »

I entirely blame myself for the loss, but to think that I sucked as a candidate is a bit of a stretch. You are more than welcome to tell me who you would've put instead, eh, never mind, it really doesn't matter. You see me as who you want to see me.

The campaign was extremely close. If you have suggestions on how we as a party can improve, instead of bashing a former standard bearer, please message myself, I usually don't "suck" at reading comprehension, or Truman, Blair, or Adam who would more than love to increase our base.

Losing does not make you bad. Or "suck". I do not consider Truman to be a bad campaigner, I don't consider Blair to be a bad campaigner, I don't consider anyone who has put themselves forward as a candidate for President and not succeeded to be a bad campaigner.

On the flip side, I do have the utmost respect for you, and understand that you have a way of lashing out and acting very (expletive)ish, something that you openly admit. We as Labor are a family, as I see it, we have our ups and we have our downs, we have our problems, but we also come together for solutions. Please join the solution.
Again, let me tell reiterate that I do appreciate you at  personal level. You have many qualities that I have noticed during previous games (Lumine's games most notably). However, sadly, running an efficient campaign for this presidential campaign isn't one of the quality you possessed. Just to be clear I do not want to ban you to run for offices in the future and I encourage you to run for office as activity is always good for this game.

However, regarding this campaign, the left had a massive demographic advantage that sadly dfw managed to overcome. Why? 2 reasons:
- he's an efficient campaigner
-the second reason is that you and SG (I reiterate I like you both at personal level) didn't campaign at all. For example, I didn't get a single PM from both of you, not even asking me to vote for you. And I know that behind closed doors there were some plots to overthrow this ticket because you weren't campaigning. (I wasn't part of these plots).

So yes, I believe this proposal is a good solution: a ticket who doesn't campaign should be replaced. I'm obviously open to improve my proposal in order to make it more democratic, but this is a good start.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2017, 08:24:49 PM »

I motion to expel windjammer from the Labor Party.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2017, 08:41:19 PM »

I motion to expel windjammer from the Labor Party.
I'm pretty sure this is out of order, because there's a pending motion on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies