Status of FuturePrez
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:27:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Status of FuturePrez
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Status of FuturePrez  (Read 1378 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2005, 07:15:27 PM »

Senator FuturePrez has not been logged on in 8 days.  He has not posted in 10 days.  He has not participated in any senate debates since his election.  He has not, at least to my knowledge, notified us of any reason for his absence.

Can anyone contact him to find out what his status is?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 07:16:58 PM »

Senator FuturePrez has not been logged on in 8 days.  He has not posted in 10 days.  He has not participated in any senate debates since his election.  He has not, at least to my knowledge, notified us of any reason for his absence.

Can anyone contact him to find out what his status is?
no, but i can tell you that you will see the result of this when i release my poll results, and the result is not a good one, in case you couldnt already figure that out.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 07:18:54 PM »

Haven't a clue what's up with FuturePrez.  Emsworth and I have decided to count him as "absent" in the Senate due to his extended absence.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 07:30:52 PM »

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos TrueDem.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 07:55:23 PM »

If this leads to expulsion before the August elections, Gov. Wildcard could be the first to appoint a Regional Senator.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 07:59:06 PM »

If this leads to expulsion before the August elections, Gov. Wildcard could be the first to appoint a Regional Senator.

I plan on waiting another two weeks or so and then taking appropriate action.  I really hate to, but the fact is that we honestly have no idea if he'll show up tomorrow or if he'll never show up, and we have to assume the worst after long enough.  It's not fair to the people of the Pacific not to have any representation.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 08:26:28 PM »

--- King's unimportant 2¢ ---

Wildcard should appoint Goldwater as Senator because it solves the problem of a split of the Union in the Lt. Governor race and it gives the Pacific a center-right libertarian Senator that they voted for with FuturePrez.  Grin
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 09:44:53 PM »

--- King's unimportant 2¢ ---

Wildcard should appoint Goldwater as Senator because it solves the problem of a split of the Union in the Lt. Governor race and it gives the Pacific a center-right libertarian Senator that they voted for with FuturePrez.  Grin

I'm sure you care about the second part more than the first part. Wink
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 09:54:03 PM »

I plan on waiting another two weeks or so and then taking appropriate action.  I really hate to, but the fact is that we honestly have no idea if he'll show up tomorrow or if he'll never show up, and we have to assume the worst after long enough.  It's not fair to the people of the Pacific not to have any representation.

I agree with Gabu on this and will vote to expel if this becomes the case.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 02:04:39 AM »

Haven't a clue what's up with FuturePrez.  Emsworth and I have decided to count him as "absent" in the Senate due to his extended absence.

Continually counting him as an abstention effectively gives the Senate an excuse never to deal with this issue, because it actually removes the problem of meeting a majority with a reduced number of Senators: Because FuturePrez is continually abstaining in votes officially, the majority required is only 5 votes for, as opposed to the ordinary 6.

The reason that migrendel was ultimately expelled wasn't because people were largely worried about his district receiving its due representation, but because the Senate ground to a hault in a lame duck period with so very few Senators available to continue to make votes valid
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 02:32:26 AM »

The reason that migrendel was ultimately expelled wasn't because people were largely worried about his district receiving its due representation, but because the Senate ground to a hault in a lame duck period with so very few Senators available to continue to make votes valid

That's not exactly a reason why our motives in this case should be exactly the same as that.  Personally, being from the Pacific, I would kind of like to have a senator.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 02:39:04 AM »

Its a much better way of making the Senate do something about it if it suddenly starts to find his absence that much more inconvenient for them.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 08:51:11 AM »

We should establish standards for the minimum amount of time a Senator can be absent before he/she is expelled.  A procedural resolution would do, something to the effect of: Senators, if going on vacation must establish the date of their return, if a Senator is absent for however many weeks, the Senate is to consider expelling him, etc.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 08:54:52 AM »

I certainly hope that the situation does not become so common that a resolution becomes necessary. But if it does, then there's really no choice.

At this stage, I think that I would leave it to the residents of the Pacific. (I know I'm a resident myself, but I'm speaking in my capacity as Vice President.) If they want FuturePrez to be expelled after two weeks, then the Senate should hold an expulsion vote then. Similarly, if they want him expelled now, a vote should be held now.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2005, 11:36:54 AM »

We should establish standards for the minimum amount of time a Senator can be absent before he/she is expelled.  A procedural resolution would do, something to the effect of: Senators, if going on vacation must establish the date of their return, if a Senator is absent for however many weeks, the Senate is to consider expelling him, etc.

We can always re-enact a modified version of the Federal Activity Act as a Senate Procedure for expulsion of forum officers.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2005, 01:02:57 PM »

We can always re-enact a modified version of the Federal Activity Act as a Senate Procedure for expulsion of forum officers.

I would have no problem with this.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 04:05:39 AM »

I think all forum officers is a little extreme. Not that I do not trust the Senate but it is not good to give any branch of government too much power.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 06:54:58 AM »

I think all forum officers is a little extreme. Not that I do not trust the Senate but it is not good to give any branch of government too much power.
Well, the Constitution does give it to them. If they wish to pass a procedure resolution determining when they begin impeachment or expulsion proceedings in cases of inactivity, then there is nothing to stop them.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 03:54:09 PM »

Hopefully the fools who voted for FuturePrez now see the errors of their evil ways.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 03:59:08 PM »

Hopefully the fools who voted for FuturePrez now see the errors of their evil ways.

Just like you voted for eternal President-elect Lewis Trondheim? Grin

No offence Lewis, but Jesus must see the "error of his ways."
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 08:09:47 PM »

Just like you voted for eternal President-elect Lewis Trondheim? Grin

No offence Lewis, but Jesus must see the "error of his ways."

That's not the same. I used my magical psychic ability to predict the future and saw that I wanted TrueDem for President! Just like I wanted him for Senate!

You're just jealous you aren't psychic. You're a loser.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 12:27:40 AM »

Hey Jesus, why'd you vote against the amendment?

Because I like being able to easily see what state someone is registered in.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies