Opinion of McDonald's
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:10:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of McDonald's
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: What do you think of McDonald's?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Opinion of McDonald's  (Read 1901 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2017, 12:24:20 PM »

Very annoyed by people who act *above* eating fast food, but I don't particularly like it.  If I am going to eat fast food that's bad for me (started eating a lot healthier about a year ago), it's for sure going to be Culver's, Steak 'n' Shake, Long John Silver's or Popeye's, LOL.

Chic-fil-A - the best of all of those listed - doesn't count because I don't get fries. Tongue
agree with all this.  McDonalds may be the worst chain to get a burger at, but because burgers are so awesome I'd still rather have a burger from there over, say, a piece of birthday cake or a candy bar.  It makes me feel ill in a way no other place does though (except pizza, pizza often makes me feel ill in the same way...I think it's a grease thing, or perhaps a type of grease thing).  Sadly it's the closest place to me that will sell me a burger, so I get it way more often than I would like (maybe 4 times last year).  I much prefer BK for my "cheap" fast food burger.  (double cheeseburgers are $1.50-1.80 and they are great, if I'm eating alone I like to use a buy one get one free Whopper coupon, give the buns on one of them to the dogs and make me a double Whopper) There are a whole mess of not so cheap fast food burger places these days, and everyone of them is great.  It's a good time to be alive!

edit-while I don't have the hate for them, I still voted HP in comparison to other "cheap" fastfood burger places
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2017, 12:33:17 PM »

HP.  (Except those that have a playplace.  There's one around here that has an enormous playplace with climber, slide, air hockey, pinball, basketball, and tic tac toe.  Best of all it's next door to a Pizza Hut so you can eat the pizza hut lunch buffet then walk over to the McDonald's playplace to play.  You have to buy a small coffee or something though, because they give you the hairy eyeball if you just come in to play in the playplace and don't buy anything.)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 12:40:02 PM »

HP.  (Except those that have a playplace.  There's one around here that has an enormous playplace with climber, slide, air hockey, pinball, basketball, and tic tac toe.  Best of all it's next door to a Pizza Hut so you can eat the pizza hut lunch buffet then walk over to the McDonald's playplace to play.  You have to buy a small coffee or something though, because they give you the hairy eyeball if you just come in to play in the playplace and don't buy anything.)

Yeah man, I love to play in playplace, esp the slide and the ball pit
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 01:08:10 PM »

FF, of course.

Nothing beats eating McDonald's when driving long distances. (there's practically one at every exit on the Interstate...)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »

HP overall, but the breakfast is good. I also enjoy a McRib once a year.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »

lol at the implication that disliking McDonald's makes someone an elitist or holier-than-thou. If you like McDonald's, eat it to your heart's content, I don't care. I don't eat there because I don't like it, and got sick the last time I tried. I love a burger as much as the next American, but Red Mill is where it's at.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 10:09:59 PM »

lol at the implication that disliking McDonald's makes someone an elitist or holier-than-thou. If you like McDonald's, eat it to your heart's content, I don't care. I don't eat there because I don't like it, and got sick the last time I tried. I love a burger as much as the next American, but Red Mill is where it's at.

Seriously, dude.  I'll eat a super unhealthy burger and fries (my fav food) at Wendy's, Five Guys, etc etc but I've developed a serious distaste for the garbage at McDonalds in the last few years and am not looking back
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 10:22:56 PM »

Sonic says hi.

Oh, and if you're not some Dixie or Right-wing or Eastern elitist, there's In-N-Out all over The West too.

Sonic isn't everywhere (sadly). And I've never gotten to enjoy In-n-Out.

Though when I travel farther south I do prefer to stop at Cook Out

The fudge is that place? Tongue

The most delicious fast food you can get in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Mississippi and Maryland. You can get grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, Carolina bbq, milkshakes, and so much more for such a cheap price.

There is a Cookout less than a mile from me, and my family is from NC (so I love NC BBQ), so I sometimes go there for a BBQ plate and a milkshake.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »

FF, of course.

Nothing beats eating McDonald's when driving long distances. (there's practically one at every exit on the Interstate...)
dax00

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 03:22:20 AM »

hella cheap: wendy's for burgers, bk for chicken nuggets and fries
cheap: in-n-out for burgers, popeye's or cane's for chicken, five guys for fries
middle: uburger for burgers, strip n dip for chicken, shake shack for fries
expensive: gordon ramsay (fish&chips)

i only eat at macdonalds when they've got their macrib. haven't eaten one of those in 4 years
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 07:02:13 AM »

My first job, which lasted a few years, was at a McDonald's, so I have more of the insider's perspective on the place. Working as the "cook" meant I dealt with all the foods prepared, how they were handled, cooked, etc... Personally, after seeing (and constantly being burnt by) all the grease that comes off the burgers, there's no way I could ever eat a McDonald's ham or cheeseburger again. Same applies with the chicken and fish that're cooked in the fryers. If you're indifferent to grease, then go for it, but it disgusts me. Not only that, but you realize how "artificial" everything is when it all comes precut,  prepackaged, and pumped full of preservatives to prolong its "sell by" date. This doesn't even mention the tendency virtually every store I've been in for the "cooks" to generally disregard some of the rules for proper handling of meats, such as storing chicken and beef together (health violation), using meat that has been left out for a while and has thawed (health violation), and not properly cleaning the dishes and utensils thereby leaving old grease to mix with the food (obvious health violation).

The only food I could recommend eating at a McDonald's are their breakfasts (steak bagels are the best) and the grilled chicken during lunch/dinner. Their drinks and desserts are generally good as well.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 09:28:55 AM »

Honestly cannot understand going to McDonald's for breakfast when Chick-Fil-A exists.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 10:24:53 AM »

HP. I’m not a fan of fast food in general and prefer normal quality restaurants or, even better, self-cooking. If you make a burger yourself with fresh indigents, it tastes much better than any fast food restaurant. Let alone self-made chips fried of fresh potatoes. McDonald’s is also relatively expensive for their food standards. The only thing I sometimes buy at McDonald’s is a to-go milkshake. I also don’t like that their employees are underpaid.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2017, 10:39:40 AM »

Massive FF
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 01:30:31 PM »

Sonic says hi.

Oh, and if you're not some Dixie or Right-wing or Eastern elitist, there's In-N-Out all over The West too.

Sonic isn't everywhere (sadly). And I've never gotten to enjoy In-n-Out.

Though when I travel farther south I do prefer to stop at Cook Out

The fudge is that place? Tongue

The most delicious fast food you can get in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Mississippi and Maryland. You can get grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, Carolina bbq, milkshakes, and so much more for such a cheap price.

There is a Cookout less than a mile from me, and my family is from NC (so I love NC BBQ), so I sometimes go there for a BBQ plate and a milkshake.

I usually get either the BBQ tray or the Big Double Tray with a Cajun Chicken Wrap, Fries, and a huge sweet tea. I sometimes get their milkshakes as well because they're delicious (except the Watermelon one, that one is disgusting).

I miss it so much. It was everywhere when I lived in southeastern VA, but since I moved to Northern Virginia, it just doesn't exist here. Last time I went down to Richmond to visit a friend I made sure to stop there on my way home.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »

Seriously, dude.  I'll eat a super unhealthy burger and fries (my fav food) at Wendy's, Five Guys, etc etc but I've developed a serious distaste for the garbage at McDonalds in the last few years and am not looking back

Not sure if you guys were referencing my post, but I specifically said I DON'T like McDonald's, haha.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »

Honestly cannot understand going to McDonald's for breakfast when Chick-Fil-A exists.

We don't really have Chuck-Fil-A in Washington.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »

It's nowhere near as common as funds terrible things.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2017, 05:24:17 PM »

We don't really have Chuck-Fil-A in Washington.

Yeah I think there's like two in the whole state, and one of them is just a food cart on one of the UW campuses. Never been.

Anyway, McDonald's gets too much hate. Never got the latte-liberal craze of "Companies that make unhealthy food are evil". As far as the quality of the food, it's trashy fast food but you can do a whole lot worse if that is what you're hungry for.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2017, 06:19:50 PM »

Over the past year I've been eating there quite a bit (maybe 3-4 times a week). Not particularly proud of that either Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2017, 06:24:19 PM »

I'm not "too good" for fast food, I'm just abjectly terrified of what they do to the national waistline. Why should America simply accept its place as infantile recipient of high fructose corn syrup?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2017, 07:08:25 PM »

It's okay, but I prefer Johnny Rockets
Sir Tiki
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.28, S: -4.70

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2017, 09:34:14 PM »

FF, of course.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2017, 09:24:04 AM »

Over the past year I've been eating there quite a bit (maybe 3-4 times a week). Not particularly proud of that either Sad

Ever run into this guy there?

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2017, 02:55:39 PM »

Terrible. Should be wiped off the surface of the Earth.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies