Politico: Cotton and Trump plot crackdown on legal immigration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:40:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Politico: Cotton and Trump plot crackdown on legal immigration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: Cotton and Trump plot crackdown on legal immigration  (Read 2246 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: February 08, 2017, 01:07:17 PM »

Great to see the usual suspects blatantly promoting white supremacist garbage. Equally nice to see they've dropped their always unbelievable premise this s#!t was solely over "illegal immigrants ".

Do you think everyone everywhere has the right to live in the United States? You realize very few, if any, other countries allow people to become citizens on demand?

This isn't about allowing "citizenship on demand" you dolt, and no one but you has blithered such notions, or fails to realize the curent myriad immigration and naturalization process is a million miles from such fantastical nightmares.

Immigration brings the hardest working, most entrepreneurial , most energetic and America loving people from around the world. There isn't a single idiotic utterance you're making which wasn't bantered with equal foolishnees about Italian, Asian, and East European immigrants a century and a half ago.

No one here is fooled in believing that if most immigration came from England, Germany , and Ireland that your views would change dramatically .

I live in New York City and work a crappy job and I probably deal with immigrants much more than you do. I can tell you they don't really "love America". Why would someone from The Gambia love America anyway? They come here because the government will give them free money. Not because they are patriotic for a nation they have no connection to. They openly admit this. I don't fault them for it though. I would do the same thing if I was in their shoes. Who wouldn't? You'd have to be stupid not to. I do fault the government for letting them in though. Just because people want free money doesn't mean you should give it to them. I don't really know who this narrative about immigrants being "America loving" is supposed to appeal to. Liberals themselves do not love America. Conservatives just don't buy the argument because it's not true. Next.

Also, European (and Chinese) immigration 150 years ago took place in a much different world. The main difference being there wasn't a welfare state back then.

As to if there were European immigrants today. I wouldn't mind but my reason for not minding wouldn't be because they were White (although at this point many Europeans are non White). My reason for not minding would be because those people are rich. They aren't going to be on welfare because if they wanted welfare, they would just stay in their countries of origin, since the benefits are more generous there. Coincidentally, that's the reason people from Europe DON'T immigrate here in the first place.

The same is true about Japan. Japan is non White but they have a higher standard of living than we do, so we don't have to worry that the people are coming here just to collect benefits and drive down wages. Of course, just like Europe, them having a higher standard of living is also the reason they don't bother coming here anyway.

So what are your thoughts of people from places like India or China coming here and working in well paying jobs, obviously contributing more into the system than taking out of it. Would you be just as fine with it as people coming from Europe?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies