GA-6 Special election discussion thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:51:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120]
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 250460 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2975 on: June 19, 2017, 10:42:19 PM »

If Ossof wins, is it the biggest political news story of 2017?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2976 on: June 19, 2017, 10:50:57 PM »

Dang, I picked a cherry of a time to come back into this thread. Quick question: does the average night of political discussion on the Congressional board usually involve this much screaming at each other?

Despite my low post count, I have been a lurker here since January, so i'll take a stab. Approximately 48 hours before a 'key' election, the heat rises. Arguments are thrown, the trolls/naysayers who were rarely present in the thread before emerge, and the conversation leaves the topic at hand.

Then, a pattern slowly emerges of a predicted defeat for the hyped candidate, everyone begins to panic, and denial pops up. Chances are though, the prediction of defeat is simply the opposition, who hasn't been as present in the thread, gets its news stories/tweets/posts present. Its just the previous lack of the concentrated support against the hyped candidate emerging from 'nowhere' scares the regulars.

This inevitably leads to more arguments, until usually a mod has to force the thread back on topic. This keeps the thread clean for a bit until the results emerge and the mood shifts shift into full swing...

The Atlas Overreaction train is real folks. 
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #2977 on: June 19, 2017, 10:54:07 PM »

If he looses it will be because the dems have in my opinion put all their eggs and hope into this one special election that they could have won.
If he looses Trump surrogates will immediately go on TV saying things along the lines of "The democrats spent 30 million dollars and still can't win anything" or something similar...Dems need a win...not for an extra seat in congress but for the hope
swf541

« Reply #2978 on: June 19, 2017, 11:12:14 PM »

If he looses it will be because the dems have in my opinion put all their eggs and hope into this one special election that they could have won.
If he looses Trump surrogates will immediately go on TV saying things along the lines of "The democrats spent 30 million dollars and still can't win anything" or something similar...Dems need a win...not for an extra seat in congress but for the hope

What other baskets did they have to put eggs into?  None of the specials really should have been competitive, albeit maybe Montana but Quist was a poor nominee
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2979 on: June 19, 2017, 11:22:19 PM »

I think after all the panic, Ossoff's 2 pt lead stabalized over the weekend.  And Trump rushed to Handel's defense, due to the Palin effect on both Handel and Trump, didn't make things better.  51-49 race in Ossoff's favor.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2980 on: June 20, 2017, 12:57:19 AM »

Any thoughts on this guys thread? https://mobile.twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/876972215174037504
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2981 on: June 20, 2017, 12:59:30 AM »

Please lock this thread and post in this one, the election day and results thread.

Also unsticky this one and sticky the other one.

Thx.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies