GA-6 Special election discussion thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:43:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 120
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 250445 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: April 03, 2017, 01:35:35 PM »

Look at this tweet and tell me why Pelosi should remain minority leader, she was also a factor in losing FL-13 with Sink.

https://twitter.com/hotlinejosh/status/848909731414585345
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #301 on: April 03, 2017, 01:35:47 PM »

RRH is commissioning a poll, so hopefully we get a decent picture soon.

Paul Ryan's PAC apparently has a poll out that has Ossoff with -17 favorables, which I'm gonna go ahead and say is biased.
No really?!?!?!
So Paul Ryan's PAC released a push poll without any actual numbers. Very informative.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #302 on: April 03, 2017, 01:36:10 PM »

Look at this tweet and tell me why Pelosi should remain minority leader, she was also a factor in losing FL-13 with Sink.

Can you just leave the party already?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2017, 02:15:45 PM »

I can honestly say that person was not a potential vote for Ossoff either way.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #304 on: April 03, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »

I agree with the sentiment, but I don't really think this tweet is evidence of that. That person would make the same jump with any Democratic House Leader.

Before I clicked, though, I thought it was going to be a quote from Pelosi saying something along the lines of "Ossoff is a true liberal, and a close personal friend. I am proud to endorse him and hope to see him in Congress next to me!"
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #305 on: April 03, 2017, 03:55:12 PM »

I agree with the sentiment, but I don't really think this tweet is evidence of that. That person would make the same jump with any Democratic House Leader.

Before I clicked, though, I thought it was going to be a quote from Pelosi saying something along the lines of "Ossoff is a true liberal, and a close personal friend. I am proud to endorse him and hope to see him in Congress next to me!"

No because most voters would not care who Tim Ryan or Joe Crowley is they'd have low name ID. Look at Schumer/McConnell's numbers most Americans don't know who they are.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #306 on: April 03, 2017, 04:14:03 PM »

No because most voters would not care who Tim Ryan or Joe Crowley is they'd have low name ID. Look at Schumer/McConnell's numbers most Americans don't know who they are.

You are assuming that those people would not have name recognition if they were minority leader, which is inaccurate. Regardless of who the minority leader was, Republicans wouldn't like them. Collin Peterson would be considered a communist by these sort of people.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #307 on: April 03, 2017, 04:41:29 PM »

Democrats should just pick the most obscure member of the House and make them leader, and have them serve until their name is less popular than ebola and then start the ritual over again.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #308 on: April 03, 2017, 05:36:29 PM »

You are assuming that those people would not have name recognition if they were minority leader, which is inaccurate. Regardless of who the minority leader was, Republicans wouldn't like them. Collin Peterson would be considered a communist by these sort of people.

For whatever reason, there is a good 10-20% of the population that vaguely knows of Pelosi as "the Obamacare (or cap and trade) lady" but doesn't know any of the other congressional leaders from Adam and Eve.  It isn't helpful to deny this anymore and it could conceivably swing a few House seats.  I see a ray of hope that Pelosi will be pressured to retire if Ossoff and others lose their specials after this type of advertising.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #309 on: April 03, 2017, 05:50:21 PM »

Very high energy old ladies in GA-06 apparently.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #310 on: April 03, 2017, 06:18:45 PM »

For whatever reason, there is a good 10-20% of the population that vaguely knows of Pelosi as "the Obamacare (or cap and trade) lady" but doesn't know any of the other congressional leaders from Adam and Eve.  It isn't helpful to deny this anymore and it could conceivably swing a few House seats.  I see a ray of hope that Pelosi will be pressured to retire if Ossoff and others lose their specials after this type of advertising.

I think you are missing that point that Republicans are going to create a negative image of whoever the minority leader is and run on that everywhere. Pelosi could die right now and it wouldn't help Ossoff or any other candidate that much.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #311 on: April 03, 2017, 07:13:18 PM »

Democrats should just pick the most obscure member of the House and make them leader, and have them serve until their name is less popular than ebola and then start the ritual over again.

Sounds like something a puppet of Brenda Lawrence would say.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #312 on: April 03, 2017, 08:29:42 PM »

Very high energy old ladies in GA-06 apparently.

I like that old lady!
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #313 on: April 03, 2017, 08:39:57 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2017, 08:44:29 PM by Ronnie »

Hmmm...

https://i.imgur.com/icC1G6d.png

That's quite a gender gap.  If Ossoff can fire up the high energy old Georgia women, and the men stay home, then we might actually have a shot!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #314 on: April 03, 2017, 08:43:13 PM »

Nate Cohn: day 6: 53 D/29 29 R. Overall 54 D/29 R with 9639 ballots https://mobile.twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/849069004614508544
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #315 on: April 03, 2017, 08:58:14 PM »

Hmmm...

That's quite a gender gap.  If Ossoff can fire up the high energy old Georgia women, and the men stay home, then we might actually have a shot!

Careful, though.  We saw last fall that the early vote was coming in ~56% female in many states.  That didn't hold.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2017, 11:01:08 PM »

Hmmm...

Careful, though.  We saw last fall that the early vote was coming in ~56% female in many states.  That didn't hold.

It did in this district, though. The polling and early results failed to take into account the walloping the Democrats got in rural areas, but they predicted the urban swings pretty accurately.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2017, 11:16:04 PM »

I'd like to confirm that the anti-Ossoff ads airing on radio are just as awful as their tv counterparts; although at least my eyes aren't forced to see that Star Wars singing trope on the former!
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #318 on: April 04, 2017, 02:38:39 PM »

SUSA for a local TV station has Ossoff 43, Handel 15, Gray 14. MoveOn has Ossoff at 40.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #319 on: April 04, 2017, 02:46:59 PM »

I mean have the party leaders (Pelosi, Schumer, Trent Lott, Frist, McConnell) ever been popular?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #320 on: April 04, 2017, 03:13:53 PM »

That's not true - and beyond your general dishonesty, Schumer's reputation can turn even more negative very quickly.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #321 on: April 04, 2017, 03:15:37 PM »

That's not true - and beyond your general dishonesty, Schumer's reputation can turn even more negative very quickly.

Today's Q poll had Pelosi with better approvals than Schumer.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #322 on: April 04, 2017, 03:35:33 PM »

11 Alive/SUSA Poll:

Ossoff 43
Handel 15
Gray 14
Moody 7
All Others 15
Undecided 7
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #323 on: April 04, 2017, 03:37:09 PM »

^^^ Better hope that all of those outstanding/likely Ossoff voters are pretty young...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #324 on: April 04, 2017, 04:50:06 PM »

To avoid disappointment, I'm still going to assume for now that Ossoff will finish in the first round with mid 40s and lose the runoff by about 5 points. Hopefully I can be pleasantly surprised.

This. "Fool me twice.... won't get fooled again."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 120  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies