GA-6 Special election discussion thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:03:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 120
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 250166 times)
SCNCmod

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: April 18, 2017, 10:18:18 PM »

It will be funny if Ossoff eeks out 50% ... thanks to Trump's Tweets (Atlanta area being tech savvy ... trump tweets actually driving anti-trump votes to the polls)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1501 on: April 18, 2017, 10:18:29 PM »

Is there a chance Ossoff calls for a recount if things stay tight? I'm sure he'd like to win outright if he could.

Ossoff can't ask for a recount. GA law for recount margins is based on closeness of candidates, not closeness to certain thresholds.

I'd imagine that even if he could, he wouldn't, since it likely wouldn't go his way anyway, and the existence of the recount would only hurt him in the runoff, which (especially if he's within striking distance of 50%) very winnable for him.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1502 on: April 18, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »

Bob Gray's twitter endorsement of Karen Handel included the words "we wish her godspeed". That doesn't sound confidence inspiring.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1503 on: April 18, 2017, 10:22:21 PM »

Is there a chance Ossoff calls for a recount if things stay tight? I'm sure he'd like to win outright if he could.

Ossoff can't ask for a recount. GA law for recount margins is based on closeness of candidates, not closeness to certain thresholds.

What if they're trimming votes here and there to make it so that Ossoff is just below 50. /conspiracy
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1504 on: April 18, 2017, 10:22:50 PM »

Bob Gray's twitter endorsement of Karen Handel included the words "we wish her godspeed". That doesn't sound confidence inspiring.

I mean he called her a career political at every opportunity so I really don't think he cares for her too much.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1505 on: April 18, 2017, 10:23:18 PM »

Booker would probably be a great candidate for GA (not that he should be the nominee).
I feel Kamala Harris could do well also...but not as good as Booker so i agree with you there.

I think the slowness of fulton county is another reason all elections should be 100% VBM

I think this is an indicator that younger Dem candidates create the most excitement with base & grassroots (even though there are obvious exceptions like Bernie).

As I've posted before... Every Dem in recent history elected president was younger than 53.5 .... every republican elected president was older than 53.5.

Booker, Castro's, etc (paired with someone like Sherrod Brown as VP)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1506 on: April 18, 2017, 10:23:53 PM »

Translation: I hate her and only God can help her.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1507 on: April 18, 2017, 10:24:11 PM »

I mean he called her a career political at every opportunity so I really don't think he cares for her too much.

He complented her Lexus
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1508 on: April 18, 2017, 10:24:58 PM »

Doesn't mean he can't ask a court for one.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1509 on: April 18, 2017, 10:25:41 PM »

https://twitter.com/_Drew_McCoy_/status/854531396760731651

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yup. I'm going to sleep. This isn't worth it.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1510 on: April 18, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »

Even if Karen Handel ends up winning this seat, the sheer closeness of an election in a district Tom Price won with 60% of the vote should scare Republicans.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1511 on: April 18, 2017, 10:26:42 PM »

What if they're trimming votes here and there to make it so that Ossoff is just below 50. /conspiracy

I suspect the person would be quickly out of a job, the majority of Commissionners are Democrats.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1512 on: April 18, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »

Booker would probably be a great candidate for GA (not that he should be the nominee).
I feel Kamala Harris could do well also...but not as good as Booker so i agree with you there.

I think the slowness of fulton county is another reason all elections should be 100% VBM

I think this is an indicator that younger Dem candidates create the most excitement with base & grassroots (even though there are obvious exceptions like Bernie).

As I've posted before... Every Dem in recent history elected president was younger than 53.5 .... every republican elected president was older than 53.5.

I guess you could add Gillibrand to that list?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1513 on: April 18, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »

Will be (just) over 53.5 in 2020.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1514 on: April 18, 2017, 10:28:36 PM »

Even if Karen Handel ends up winning this seat, the sheer closeness of an election in a district Tom Price won with 60% of the vote should scare Republicans.

Looks like Total Dem votes will be over 50% ... that should scare Rep's for the runoff.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1515 on: April 18, 2017, 10:31:06 PM »

Looks like Total Dem votes will be over 50% ... that should scare Rep's for the runoff.

It'll probably be closer to 49% by the time Fulton updates.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1516 on: April 18, 2017, 10:33:01 PM »

To be honest, there are a few precincts in Cobb county that are largely Democratic precincts showing less than 10% of the 2016 vote. This is despite the fact that all of Cobb's precincts have supposedly reported in. Are these precincts actually somehow a part of Fulton County?
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1517 on: April 18, 2017, 10:33:29 PM »

Not with GA 6 and 7 in single digits
SCNCmod

« Reply #1518 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:15 PM »

My bad- She seems a little younger.

The better way I should have phrased the stat... when Dems nominate a candidate younger than 53.5 for President ... they win!
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1519 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:34 PM »

I'm going to bed
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1520 on: April 18, 2017, 10:35:08 PM »

Democrats are probably going to win back congress at this rate.

Lol, they couldnt even win a left of center district in this election with $8 million!

And that is before fresh Gerrymandering.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1521 on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »

This is ridiculous.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1522 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:06 PM »

GA-06 is left of center!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1523 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:28 PM »

Lol, they couldnt even win a left of center district in this election with $8 million!

The vote is swinging D from 2016--not sure how you see this as a "left of center" district.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1524 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:44 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 120  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies