GA-6 Special election discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:08:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 252293 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: February 07, 2017, 09:26:17 PM »

Can he? If he plays his cards right, and everything lines up in his favor, yes.
Will he? If Trump is not too unpopular in the district, a Republican makes the top two (doesn't this use a Louisiana-style system?) and doesn't self-destruct, then probably not.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 10:31:12 PM »

What you are seeing here, ladies and gentlemen, is Georgia beginning the transition to becoming a blue (Atlas red) state.

This bodes well for the rest of the South.

Just North Carolina and Florida, and Texas marginally. Virginia is already "there".
North Carolina and Florida are probably going to remain tossup states in 20 years. But yes, I do concede that Georgia is not a matter of "if," but a matter of "when" with regards to becoming Safe D.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 08:08:27 PM »

P.S. This is the kind of trash that makes me never want to vote for Republicans.
Then why isn't your avatar red (Democratic)?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 08:29:52 PM »

P.S. This is the kind of trash that makes me never want to vote for Republicans.
Then why isn't your avatar red (Democratic)?

Because I'm not a Democrat? I'll register if and when I feel it's right. I hold out hope that the Republican party will go back to a better time, but it's minuscule at this point.

However, if you don't find something like that ad as absolutely disgusting and reprehensible, then I don't know what to think.

Thanks for answering! I was asking why don't you identify as a Democrat not because of your condemnation of the ad (I find it disgusting too), but because you said you never want to vote for Republicans. I think it's strange when people insist that they are truly independent. yet way closer to one side than the other (but that's just me). Honestly, going forward, even if polarization "thaws," I think that Rockefeller Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats have next to no (if any) future. No offense to any who are reading this.

That ad was terrible. I wasn't asking/talking about it, but I'll make these statements so nobody thinks that I find it okay. The parties have changed a lot over the last 150 years, and nobody from that time is still alive today. Therefore, I don't think it's fair at all to compare today's Republican and Democratic Parties to those from 1860.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 12:48:27 AM »

What would be the fallout of the Democrats losing this race? It seems like it would have short term implications for fundraising, but anything else?

Unless Parnell somehow wins SC-5, it would greatly depress progressive activists who are desperate for any weakening in Trump's power, and create a message that Dems can't win outside of places like CA-34. Also, I don't really see the Dems getting the house in '18 if this seat stays R, and picking it up in '18 will be much harder than doing it now due to incumbency.
I agree that it really hurts Dems' chances at taking he House, but I think there's still a path in 2018, unfortunately (for me as a Republican). If it's close, they can still spin it as narrowing the margin, and by 2018, Trump could go down more, and more infrastructure will have been built.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies