GA-6 Special election discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:46:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 252321 times)
SCNCmod

« on: April 03, 2017, 12:52:19 AM »

A Republican Super PAC just put out a new ad against Ossoff:

https://youtu.be/Xr4RYY7Mpw4

Looks like they are in kitchen sink mode.  Isn't it a bit ridiculous that they're portraying him as a window-shattering black bloc anarchist right after showing him in a goofy Han Solo costume?

This doesn't seem like a very effective add.. for ...
....1) a special election (where voters who turnout are likely more informed & less susceptible to "demon liberal" scare tactics)...
....2) a district that is higher educated than most (also not likely to be influence by "liberal demon ads).
SCNCmod

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »

What % of the vote did Clinton get in this district?
SCNCmod

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 09:19:09 PM »

It seems like total Dem candidates will have more votes than total Repub candidates... so the runoff should not be a foregone conclusion... at all.
SCNCmod

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 09:21:17 PM »

If Dem candidates get more votes than total Repub candidates, wouldn't the Dem be favored in a runoff?
SCNCmod

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 09:26:26 PM »

Also a lot of GOP posters are assuming all GOP votes will go to Handel (which, might not be true - people could stay home or cast their ballot for Ossoff [far less likely])

Handel is disliked by the Bob Gray crowd, his entire campaign was attacking her. I could see some of them staying home as well as some of Judson Hill's crew.

I have to imagine that any Republican with ambition would rather be running against Ossoff in 2018 or 2020 rather than see Handel win.

Actually a good point, esp considering a runoff is likely to be very close
SCNCmod

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 09:30:07 PM »

If Dem candidates get more votes than total Repub candidates, wouldn't the Dem be favored in a runoff?

50/50.. don't forget that some voters are going to die... 2 months it's long...

Do you see Trump's situation improving over the next two months?

no but Ossoff is going to be demolished by the gop machine. This guy is a paper tiger.

He will be running as the under-dog in a runoff... nothing to lose... this is often when younger, newer candidates surprise people and surpass expectations
SCNCmod

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 09:46:19 PM »

did the late reporting votes break for clinton or trump?
SCNCmod

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 09:59:53 PM »

Currently:

Total Dem Votes: 51.2

Total Rep Votes: 48.7

Total Ind Votes: 0.1
SCNCmod

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 10:12:08 PM »

What are fulton county results so far ... what % does ossoff have in fulton?
SCNCmod

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 10:13:44 PM »

55.3%

What would you guess is Ossoff's election day % in Fulton Co so far?
SCNCmod

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 10:15:52 PM »

He has 55% right now. Had 62% in EV but it dropped quickly.

shouldn't that still equate to Ossoff being above 50% in Fulton Co regarding election day votes?
SCNCmod

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 10:18:18 PM »

It will be funny if Ossoff eeks out 50% ... thanks to Trump's Tweets (Atlanta area being tech savvy ... trump tweets actually driving anti-trump votes to the polls)
SCNCmod

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 10:23:18 PM »

Booker would probably be a great candidate for GA (not that he should be the nominee).
I feel Kamala Harris could do well also...but not as good as Booker so i agree with you there.

I think the slowness of fulton county is another reason all elections should be 100% VBM

I think this is an indicator that younger Dem candidates create the most excitement with base & grassroots (even though there are obvious exceptions like Bernie).

As I've posted before... Every Dem in recent history elected president was younger than 53.5 .... every republican elected president was older than 53.5.

Booker, Castro's, etc (paired with someone like Sherrod Brown as VP)
SCNCmod

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »

Booker would probably be a great candidate for GA (not that he should be the nominee).
I feel Kamala Harris could do well also...but not as good as Booker so i agree with you there.

I think the slowness of fulton county is another reason all elections should be 100% VBM

I think this is an indicator that younger Dem candidates create the most excitement with base & grassroots (even though there are obvious exceptions like Bernie).

As I've posted before... Every Dem in recent history elected president was younger than 53.5 .... every republican elected president was older than 53.5.

I guess you could add Gillibrand to that list?
SCNCmod

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 10:28:36 PM »

Even if Karen Handel ends up winning this seat, the sheer closeness of an election in a district Tom Price won with 60% of the vote should scare Republicans.

Looks like Total Dem votes will be over 50% ... that should scare Rep's for the runoff.
SCNCmod

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:15 PM »

I guess you could add Gillibrand to that list?

Will be (just) over 53.5 in 2020.

My bad- She seems a little younger.

The better way I should have phrased the stat... when Dems nominate a candidate younger than 53.5 for President ... they win!
SCNCmod

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 07:36:45 AM »

Just saw an interview with Karen Handel ... She seems like an awful candidate.  "Seems" ... not very intelligent & Zero personality or charisma!
SCNCmod

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 07:39:21 AM »

Karen Handel is the female GOP Hillary Clinton.

Hillary at least comes across as intelligent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies