GA-6 Special election discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:38:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 252139 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

« on: April 14, 2017, 11:50:17 PM »

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/853052281792671748

You must be logged in to read this quote.

40% chance of showers and thunderstorms on Tuesday as well. Should be interesting.

Wow that's actually good for Ossoff, relatively speaking of course. R's were expected to pass D's today.

historically republicans vote in the rain.
Two things:
1.) The lower election day turnout, the higher the % of the electorate the (heavily Democratic) early vote is.
2.) Democrats are highly motivated, I wouldn't count on them staying home because of weather any more than Republicans.

Great theory, except the low turnout generally comes at the expense of democrats.

This is something that has actually been studied (I can't find the journal year off the top of my head but I'm sure it came from my old JOP subscription) The final conclusion was for every 1 inch of rain, republican vote share increases 2% and for every inch of snow it increases .5%

So what you're telling me is that Republican voters are vampires and only vote when the sun is obscured?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:31:00 PM »

Man, the non-Ossoff Democrats are almost 1% of the vote right now - I swear if they Nader this election and force a runoff...
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:18:38 PM »

About 20% of E-Day precincts in. Ossoff at 57%, but most of friendly DeKalb in. Fulton still just earlies #GA06
Friendly for who?

ossoff friendly.

Just generally nice people.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 08:36:28 PM »

Well this sucks if you are a Democrat...

Why? Surely you weren't expecting an outright win tonight?

It was our best chance. Handel will smash him to bits 1v1.

Lol not really, if he's in the high 40s that would make him the likely favorite in a runoff.

Especially with how the irrelevant democratic candidates have ~1% of the vote...
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 09:23:42 PM »

Dems got 8 mil (95% out of district) and every possible liberla hollywood actor/actress to descend on the district and are barely improving from the general election.

as we know, actors are totally influencing races, only taking the backseat to newspaper endorsements.

A district once represented by Newt Gingrich is notoriously seduced by glamour and good looks
Isakson is quite a looker as well.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:44 PM »

Democrats are probably going to win back congress at this rate.

Lol, they couldnt even win a left of center district in this election with $8 million!

And that is before fresh Gerrymandering.

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 09:34:22 PM »

If Handel wins despite all of this, we should never pay attention to any early vote numbers again. Ossoff probably has this, though. Lean D.

Yeah, Ossoff has really impressed me with his skills as a politician. Handel disappoints, especially from the debate.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 11:56:39 PM »

If Ossoff somehow manages to win, do you think that the chances are good that he will join the Blue Dog Coalition? I think he would at least consider it. Based on his platform and personality, he would fit in very well.

He strikes me more as a New Democrat rather than a Blue Dog.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »

I know better than to rely too heavily on polling after Trump's election and Labour's recent gains in the UK, but I'm pretty sure we can stick a fork in Handel.
Welcome to the forum! But also don't jinx it please.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies