GA-6 Special election discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:56:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 250600 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 05, 2017, 10:17:23 AM »

Why participate in a nationally televised debate when the only people you need to convince are concentrated in a very specific area? Why waste time preparing for and going to said debate when you can have one more day of running what is widely reported to be a highly effective ground effort to mobilize voters? Why rule that a CNN debate which a pretty limited amount of people will watch anyways is more important than getting in ~20k unreturned absentee ballots and energizing the thousands of additional people who were just recently allowed to register and who certainly lean Dem?
Exactly.

And they are running idiotic ads here saying he will be a Congressmen for the people of San Francisco. The last thing he needs to do is be on a national platform giving that accusation more life.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 07:37:28 PM »

Karen Handel is so obnoxious. I think I've heard Nancy Pelosi's name at least a dozen times.

And could she stop using "liberal" as an insult. You are supposed to represent all your voters lady. Name calling and divisiveness is not very becoming despite who the President is.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 07:40:59 PM »

Wow Handel is actually standing by the ACHA act that might kill her

Yes, and then she tried to say it doesn't hurt pre-existing condition coverage and in fact provides more coverage for it (a flat-out lie), and Ossoff called her on it.  She also tried to deny she was the mover behind defunding Planned Parenthood while at Komen, and he's hammering her on that.
She tried hard to evoke sympathy and make Ossoff look like a monster by bringing up her sister.

I am just thinking get back on topic, did you champion the cutting of funds for breast cancer screening or not? And why did you leave?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 07:43:53 PM »

Karen asking him who he is going to vote for was her best moment all night. That's about it.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 07:45:27 PM »

Karen Handel is so obnoxious. I think I've heard Nancy Pelosi's name at least a dozen times.

And could she stop using "liberal" as an insult. You are supposed to represent all your voters lady. Name calling and divisiveness is not very becoming despite who the President is.

There's nothing wrong with using "liberal" as an insult.
There is to me.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 07:54:22 PM »

You would think the way Handel is speaking that Pelosi is this Machiavellian figure that wields all this power in the House. Lol.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 08:38:39 PM »

Those DeKalb numbers are fantastic!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »

Not to get ahead of myself but if Ossoff manages to pull this off plus win again in 2018, do you see him as a viable Senate candidate in 2020. I feel like he could do terrific in a statewide race. He will have significant name ID in the state if he manages to defeat Handel.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 02:52:51 AM »

Will there be early voting on the weekend and Monday, or does it end on Friday ?
It ends Friday.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 02:38:48 PM »

How dumb does the vermont bum look for not embracing ossof's campaign?

Sorry bernard, but your brand of radical leftwing loonyism has come up empty everywhere, while Ossof's moderate economic, pro-business platform that embraces profits and innovation is about to win.

All the high profile to semi high profile candidates that have been touted as Sanders approved have LOST. His stans are still running around pretending that his endorsement/approval has any weight.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 01:10:25 PM »

No matter how this race turns out, I am extremely impressed with the campaign Ossoff ran as a first time candidate. I really hope to see him be a big part of Georgia/national politics in the future.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 09:23:27 AM »

^ What trash.

And I hate this "give him a chance" talking point. Not only was that not done with the previous president but why would he be given a chance when at no point since he has won has he tried to govern like he is president of all Americans. He has only doubled down on his extreme policies and shut all dissenting opinions out of conversation. So no, Trump's resistance will not give him a chance because he's made it clear he's not interested in any sort of compromise unless it is with other Republicans to dismantle Obama-era legislation.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 07:49:30 PM »

Will anyone be at either candidate's watch parties? Trying to get one of my political junkie friends to go to Ossoff's with me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies