GA-6 Special election discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:14:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 251919 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: April 18, 2017, 03:49:58 PM »

Do we have any turnout reports from Republican areas?

Only report we got from the Republican county is than they asked for voting to be allowed for two more hours, due to "technical issues".
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:27:27 PM »

I don't think it's possible to call this until we see what Fulton day vote looks like.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »

His vote also can only go down from the Early voting.

No. Precincts under 50.8% Ossoff lower his %age, Precincts over 50.8% raise it.

The real question is: Do Ossoff leads in votes still to count?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 08:49:28 PM »

Whoa.  Ossoff went UP to 51.0% at 46% of precincts in.

That's normal if precincts reporting are better than 51% Ossoff.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 08:51:42 PM »

Does Fulton plans on counting tonight?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 09:40:03 PM »

Remember that Fulton is literally one hour behind the rest of the state in counting any votes. Results cannot be counted or reported until 8 PM in Fulton as far as I know and it has something to do with the City of Atlanta (even though it's not relevant to this particular race).

8PM was almost 3 hours ago, through.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 10:26:42 PM »

Is there a chance Ossoff calls for a recount if things stay tight? I'm sure he'd like to win outright if he could.

Ossoff can't ask for a recount. GA law for recount margins is based on closeness of candidates, not closeness to certain thresholds.

What if they're trimming votes here and there to make it so that Ossoff is just below 50. /conspiracy

I suspect the person would be quickly out of a job, the majority of Commissionners are Democrats.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »

Booker would probably be a great candidate for GA (not that he should be the nominee).
I feel Kamala Harris could do well also...but not as good as Booker so i agree with you there.

I think the slowness of fulton county is another reason all elections should be 100% VBM

I think this is an indicator that younger Dem candidates create the most excitement with base & grassroots (even though there are obvious exceptions like Bernie).

As I've posted before... Every Dem in recent history elected president was younger than 53.5 .... every republican elected president was older than 53.5.

Booker, Castro's, etc (paired with someone like Sherrod Brown as VP)

I guess you could add Gillibrand to that list?

Will be (just) over 53.5 in 2020.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 10:39:25 PM »

Booker would probably be a great candidate for GA (not that he should be the nominee).
I feel Kamala Harris could do well also...but not as good as Booker so i agree with you there.

I think the slowness of fulton county is another reason all elections should be 100% VBM

I think this is an indicator that younger Dem candidates create the most excitement with base & grassroots (even though there are obvious exceptions like Bernie).

As I've posted before... Every Dem in recent history elected president was younger than 53.5 .... every republican elected president was older than 53.5.

Booker, Castro's, etc (paired with someone like Sherrod Brown as VP)

I guess you could add Gillibrand to that list?

Will be (just) over 53.5 in 2020.

Not with GA 6 and 7 in single digits

We are talking of their ages.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 10:51:18 PM »

Well, GA is already very gerrymandered. I don't see how you can gerrymander it even more. Probably would be safer to concede a 4th Atlanta area district to Democrats and made a Safe Republican district out of current GA-6 and GA-7, because there is a risk of losing both with current demographic trends.

Overreach can happen, see the Republican gerrymanderer of 2000 in New York State.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 10:52:36 PM »

The card with the error has been found. Results will presumable begin again?

Well, they have to reupload all the other cards, now. May take some time.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 12:00:44 AM »

A loss is a loss. More proof that the Democrats need to move to the center. This isn't Kenosha. A DLC Democrat like Zell Miller might've had a chance here.

Like we all died from Ebola two years ago?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 12:04:59 AM »

Calling for a move to the center after a series of losses is trolling now? I'm old enough to remember a time when it was common sense. The days of Tony Blair and Bill Clinton -- long gone now.

Clinton lost in November and Blair have sub-20 approvals, now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies