GA-6 Special election discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:30:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 252482 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« on: April 05, 2017, 08:26:32 PM »

Looks like Team Trump is sweating...sending out poorly written fundraising emails:

Sweating like a dog!
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2017, 08:02:06 PM by Zyzz »

We can just take it back in 2018 easily.

That's not really guaranteed. If Trump's unpopularity sweeps him into office, there is also a chance it can keep him in office, at least until 2020 or 2024, depending on reelection.

I think the assertion might be that they can gerrymander him out. Not a good thing to gloat about.

GA map is getting harding to gerrymander now the Republican already cut Athens, Columbus, and Macon in half. 8, 12, and 10 are bleeding population and ATL is becoming to Democrat for just 3 D district.

I guess Ossoff, if he wins will be the only white Democrat in the Deep South (not counting Florida). Although this isn't your old school Dixiecrat district, this is part of the ATL metro and a huge percentage of college graduates.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 06:22:25 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2017, 06:27:37 PM by Zyzz »

If Trump's approval here is only ~33% and this remains about the same in 2018 and is relatively distributed across the country, the midterms will be a blood bath for the Republicans.

Stunning that Trump is only at 33% in a district that voted 4 points more Republican than the nation as a whole. Trump's deep unpopularity could cause a tsunami the nasty Republican gerrymanders could not have predicted in these wealthy suburbs. Places like suburban Philadelphia, Miami, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Phoenix, Dallas, and Houston will be big pickup opportunities in 2018.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 05:11:08 PM »

If Ossoff somehow manages to win, do you think that the chances are good that he will join the Blue Dog Coalition? I think he would at least consider it. Based on his platform and personality, he would fit in very well.

He strikes me more as a New Democrat rather than a Blue Dog.

He is a technocratic cosmopolitan, like Obama and Hillary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies