A fair and just foreign policy: the dfwlibertylover plan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:33:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A fair and just foreign policy: the dfwlibertylover plan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A fair and just foreign policy: the dfwlibertylover plan  (Read 929 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2017, 08:56:18 PM »

Since the end of World War II, Atlasia has been terrified of letting the world run its course without intervening in virtually every conflict that has occurred. As Atlasians, we faced off in a Cold War that spanned 5 decades and led us to use some of the worst possible methods. We have toppled governments, aided terrorists, and used torture all while justifying the means with arbitrary explanations.
    My fellow Atlasians, it is time for a change. It is time that we move back from the interventionist foreign policy we have utilized since the 1940's and instead move into a position of diplomacy and fairness. It is not our job to nation-build and it is not our job to be the world police. Nay, today I say that a new revolution shall be born in the foreign policy frontier. It is time for us to stop bombing the Houthi rebels in Yemen just because they are Shia. It is time that we stop taking a side in the Syrian Civil War as our actions have led to a massive war, one that has taken massive tolls on the nation of Syria and has created a nearly unprecedented civil war.
   My fellow Atlasians, I am not saying that we should withdraw from the world. I believe that free trade is key to the survival of Atlasia, I believe that diplomacy is key to the survival of Atlasia, and I believe that a fair hand is key to the survival of Atlasia. I pledge to visit our key allies across Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, Australia, and North America to re-negotiate our status with each and every nation of the world. I pledge to visit Iran and make a fair diplomatic deal to stop the nuclear program there and try to make peace between the Saudis and the Iranians. I pledge to visit Syria and meet with Assad to draw up a fair deal between the government there and the rebels to truly stop the gains of ISIS. I also pledge to visit our major geopolitical foes of late, China and Russia, to begin a new relationship between our nations to prevent any major war between our nations now, and in the future as well.
    My fellow Atlasians, I pledge to do all of these things and more. I have the experience on the foreign policy frontier and in my past endeavors needed to keep Atlasia safe and secure, I hope I can count on your vote in the February 17th-February 20th Presidential election, God Bless Atlasia!

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:10:07 PM »

I will now take questions on this from anyone who has one.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 09:12:47 PM »

Governor, for The Crusader. Why do you believe it is possible to get President Assad and the Syrian rebels to sit at a negotiating table while virtually fully withdrawing from the conflict in Syria, and what exactly would constitute a fair deal considering the rather opposed views of both sides?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:17:45 PM »

Governor, for The Crusader. Why do you believe it is possible to get President Assad and the Syrian rebels to sit at a negotiating table while virtually fully withdrawing from the conflict in Syria, and what exactly would constitute a fair deal considering the rather opposed views of both sides?
Thank you for the question Mr. Lumine. I believe if we work together with Russia we can get Assad to sit down with the rebels and work on a deal, I find it hard to believe that our present foreign policy does not work together with Russia in this nation. A fair deal would involve a power structure transfer with Assad stepping down and holding FAIR elections after a certain amount of time, but I believe this may be unrealistic. Another solution is potentially splitting the nation in half, but again this could lead to problems down the road. I do not believe there is an easy answer to what you have asked, but we would work on a solution as time goes on. All sides are opposed to ISIS I believe and that may be a common enemy to face. One additional problem I believe is that there is no clear rebel leadership or faction, we would have to work on identifying this as well.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 09:23:41 PM »

Just wondering if you have any changes in mind regarding our policy towards Cuba, especially in light of these protests.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 09:29:46 PM »

I feel it is a bit naive to state that we should stop "being the world's policeman", the same goes for stating that we are at fault for the Syrian Civil War. Assad is an incredible butcher and has murdered hundreds of thousands of his own civilians, so saying that both sides will peaceably come to the negotiating table on their own will without us continuing to "take any sides" is again, a streak of naivety. Don't get me wrong, I am all for diplomacy and not sacrificing Atlasian blood in it's place, but I worry that the attempt to make a worldwide pullback on our peacekeeping forces will significantly damage not only our reputation, but will damage millions of lives that are currently being protected by these forces.

I also worry about developing too close a relationship with Russia. Working with them on defeating ISIS is a good goal, but their affront to the democracy of Ukraine is a worldwide atrocity, and should be treated as such.

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 09:30:07 PM »

Stop making my vote a harder decision... Angry
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 09:41:29 PM »

Just wondering if you have any changes in mind regarding our policy towards Cuba, especially in light of these protests.
No changes, the sanctions are arbitrary and unneeded.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 09:45:16 PM »

I feel it is a bit naive to state that we should stop "being the world's policeman", the same goes for stating that we are at fault for the Syrian Civil War. Assad is an incredible butcher and has murdered hundreds of thousands of his own civilians, so saying that both sides will peaceably come to the negotiating table on their own will without us continuing to "take any sides" is again, a streak of naivety. Don't get me wrong, I am all for diplomacy and not sacrificing Atlasian blood in it's place, but I worry that the attempt to make a worldwide pullback on our peacekeeping forces will significantly damage not only our reputation, but will damage millions of lives that are currently being protected by these forces.

I also worry about developing too close a relationship with Russia. Working with them on defeating ISIS is a good goal, but their affront to the democracy of Ukraine is a worldwide atrocity, and should be treated as such.

Mr. Speaker, I understand your concerns on Syria, there is no simple solution and there are many evils. I don't think it's as simple as saying Assad good, rebels bad or vice versa, both sides have done bad things. Some of the rebels are major islamists who would be hostile to us and to Israel, while Assad would not be towards Israel. On the other hand, Assad has used chemical weapons, against international law. I am not saying I would take a side, I just want peace in our time. As for Russia and Ukraine, I am not going to just let Russia roll over the Ukraine and I would demand that they return Crimea to the Ukraine, but I would not use military action to achieve this goal.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 10:14:01 PM »

Not to be mean, but you really were asking for that one. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 10:22:12 PM »

I approve of this foreign policy. Stepping back from a policy of interventionism and thinking hard about when and where our military is needed is very important to me.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 10:25:12 PM »

Question: did you use military force to drone Yankee into submission, preventing him from running again? Usually it's Yankee that is doing the droning, so I'm completely perplexed at what happened here.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 02:47:07 AM »

Question: did you use military force to drone Yankee into submission, preventing him from running again? Usually it's Yankee that is doing the droning, so I'm completely perplexed at what happened here.
That is classified Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 09:22:33 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2017, 09:24:04 AM by Fmr President Blair »

. It is time that we stop taking a side in the Syrian Civil War as our actions have led to a massive war, one that has taken massive tolls on the nation of Syria and has created a nearly unprecedented civil war.

Some Points
+Our actions didn't lead to the Syrian Civil War- it was Assad's actions, when he barreled bombed people protesting the lack of democracy/human rights in Syria back in 2011.

+ Assad is hostile to Israel. He's not only supported, and funded Hamas and Hezbollah (who are fighting for him) but he said that 'Israel alone is our enemy'

On the wider question; you say you want to scale back our foreign policy involvement. Where does that leave us if we have another Rwanda or Kosovo?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 03:57:47 PM »

. It is time that we stop taking a side in the Syrian Civil War as our actions have led to a massive war, one that has taken massive tolls on the nation of Syria and has created a nearly unprecedented civil war.

Some Points
+Our actions didn't lead to the Syrian Civil War- it was Assad's actions, when he barreled bombed people protesting the lack of democracy/human rights in Syria back in 2011.

+ Assad is hostile to Israel. He's not only supported, and funded Hamas and Hezbollah (who are fighting for him) but he said that 'Israel alone is our enemy'

On the wider question; you say you want to scale back our foreign policy involvement. Where does that leave us if we have another Rwanda or Kosovo?
1. Our actions alone didn't for sure, but we certainly helped to make it worse with our disorganized funding and weapons funneling.

2. Actions speak louder than words. Assad has generally left Israel alone and has not attacked it with missiles or anything in the nature like most of the nations around Israel have.

3. If another genocide does occur this would be a completely different story. As it happens another genocide is unfortunately setting up in South Sudan right now and I would work with the UN to send peacekeeping forces there if I felt all other options had been used up.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 04:42:49 PM »

I pledge to recognize the Western Sahara and open an Embassy there, I believe in the right so self-determination and this region seems like it is ready for this change.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 04:50:44 PM »

I pledge to recognize the Western Sahara and open an Embassy there, I believe in the right so self-determination and this region seems like it is ready for this change.
Pandering to the LLR demographic Wink
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 05:17:10 PM »

We're a crucial component of the influential Jewish Fremonter vote
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 05:32:26 PM »

yes and after all we are both advocating for different types of self-determination in different types of places, now aren't we Wink
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 08:01:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Does this mean you are opposed to the annexation of Cuba?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 08:06:37 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Does this mean you are opposed to the annexation of Cuba?

Yeah I would say I'm opposed to that
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 10:26:54 PM »

Why do you hate Freedom, DFW?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »

Freedom = unlawful, unnecessary, unwanted annexation? You learn something new every day.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 10:43:44 PM »

We must all ask ourselves: why does DFW oppose annexing Cuba? Is it his visceral hatred of the foreign born, or is he just Soft On CommunismTM?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 10:51:15 PM »

I will state that I am moderate on a Cuba invasion. We'll invade the north with only undercover Platypusses (Cuba's sworn enemies) and then give Puerto Rico to Cuba in exchange. I am the true savior on foreign policy here, folks.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies