Florida results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:30:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Florida results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida results  (Read 573 times)
Axel Foley
Rookie

« on: February 07, 2017, 10:33:46 PM »
« edited: February 08, 2017, 10:30:08 AM by Axel Foley »

Basing my thoughts merely on maths:

_Clinton improved Obama's margin in counties he won in 2012 by 175,670 , despite losing Pinellas-St.Lucie-Monroe-Jefferson
_Trump improved Romney's margin in counties Mitt won in 2012 by over 362k

Changes in Romney vs Trump winning counties weren't so much substantial in the Panhandle( Trump gained very few there respect to Mitt), but they were so in counties like Polk, Pasco, Hernando, Volusia, Brevard( all located in or around I-4), and in the area going from Fort Myers to Sarasota in FL SW Coast( Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota, Manatee)...in the days just prior Election, I read some pieces even talking about how Dems were going to flip historically Republican Polk County in I-4, which actually Trump ended up winning by a double margin respect to Romney's...I was surprised to see that demographically these aren't counties overwhelmingly white, so I'm even more upset that Trump gained there the votes he needed to win Florida...what did happen there?

I'm asking this because Florida shocked me a lot, I thought with Latinos and apparent EV margin it was a done deal for Clinton.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies