What are thoughts on Brian Schatz (maybe a VP)- I've been Impressed w/ ...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:25:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What are thoughts on Brian Schatz (maybe a VP)- I've been Impressed w/ ...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are thoughts on Brian Schatz (maybe a VP)- I've been Impressed w/ ...  (Read 422 times)
SCNCmod

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2017, 08:13:04 AM »
« edited: February 08, 2017, 09:41:35 AM by SCNCmod »

What are thoughts on Brian Schatz (maybe a VP possibility)-

I was unfamiliar with Schatz ... but I've been Impressed with his speeches on the Senate Floor the past few nights.  His DeVos Speech was the best IMO.  He seems very effective at actually making the case of why the nominee's should not be supported.  Very measured, very logical, very effective (almost a Bill Clinton quality regarding boiling things down... explainer in chief.. etc).  

I don't have a link to video, or I would post it.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:04:34 AM »

Would have been a good VP for Hillary, but he endorsed Obama in 2008.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »

Hanabusa should've been in his seat instead. Obama sucks for endorsing him in a competitive Democratic primary.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 12:51:16 PM »

Hanabusa should've been in his seat instead. Obama sucks for endorsing him in a competitive Democratic primary.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 01:00:02 PM »

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 03:06:01 PM »

Why is Hanabusa so great?

Anyway, I like him as a VP although he doesn't really bring much geographical diversity to the ticket (I mean, Hawaii is diverse but it's not very helpful electorally). I guess his Jewishness could help in Florida.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 04:54:49 PM »

Anyway, I like him as a VP although he doesn't really bring much geographical diversity to the ticket (I mean, Hawaii is diverse but it's not very helpful electorally). I guess his Jewishness could help in Florida.

Literally the only answer I hear is that Inouye should have had some sort of sacred beyond the grave ownership of his seat.
SCNCmod

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »

I'm not familiar with Hanabusa...

All I know is Schatz was very effective making the case against DeVos (and from the clips I saw..against Sessions).  And he seemed passionate about the issues and sincere...  Many Senators seemed to be partially seeking limelight in their speeches... or talked about issues important to them (more so than fully focused on convincing 1 more Republican not to vote for DeVos)... Schatz stayed away from irrelevant Hyperbole & laser focused on why DeVos was truly unqualified. (IMO he would have absolutely convinced any Republican Senator who was truly undecided... which appears to be none of them!)
SCNCmod

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 05:09:26 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2017, 05:11:07 PM by SCNCmod »

Literally the only answer I hear is that Inouye should have had some sort of sacred beyond the grave ownership of his seat.

She sounds like she is a bit crooked... just from browsing her Wiki page (not to mention... probably not much of an animal lover!)

I saw Inouye sent a letter shortly before his death..to the Gov.. wanting him to pick Hanabusa- But it is obviously the Governors decision to pick the best person (which Hawaii must have agreed with since Schatz defeated her the following primary).  And who knows what the reason or connections Inouye had to Hanabusa... as it seems a bit odd to write a letter requesting your replacement.

Again- I've not familiar with Hawaii Politics.. these are just a few observations based on a brief look.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 10:30:49 PM »

But Elizabeth Warren gets a free pass for it?

Knives
solopop
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 11:21:34 PM »

SCNCmod

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 11:37:10 PM »

From what I've seen of him... Obama & Warren deserve praise for endorsing him
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies