Tom Brady
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:07:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Tom Brady
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Tom Brady ...
the greatest NFL quarterback ever?
a cheater?
the greatest quarterback and a cheater?
none of these.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Tom Brady  (Read 483 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:04:48 AM »

A poll inspired by the Lancaster newspaper, which ran a user poll like this yesterday.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:59:51 PM »

Both. He wants to win so bad, he's willing to cheat to do it. That's the kind of fanatical drive it takes to be the best. I appreciate that Gisele said they weren't Trump supporters. Even if he is one, he had the good taste to pick a woman who isn't.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 11:21:42 AM »

Brady is doing a little better on this forum than in the local newspaper's poll.  There a plurality went for Cheater.  Cheater and good QB came in second.  Good QB came in third.  Most of the locals are either Eagles or Steelers fans, though, and probably they're sour on the whole season.
dax00

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 04:31:08 AM »

voted greatest and cheater. back when deflategate was all the news, i was screaming for him to be suspended longer, because i'm first and foremost a man of the rules. but he's still a great guy.

* may be biased
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 09:45:16 PM »

Both. He wants to win so bad, he's willing to cheat to do it. That's the kind of fanatical drive it takes to be the best. I appreciate that Gisele said they weren't Trump supporters. Even if he is one, he had the good taste to pick a woman who isn't.

I was a staunch supporter of the Brady/Belichick team until I became aware of the Trump ties. Like you, I do believe Gisele that they aren't Trump supporters. Unfortunately, Belichick almost certain is. As disgusting as that is, he's probably one of the best coaches to ever play the game. Even with Brady out in the first four games, they were still 3-1 and managed to hit 14-2 for the regular season.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 07:47:42 AM »

I was a staunch supporter of the Brady/Belichick team until I became aware of the Trump ties. Like you, I do believe Gisele that they aren't Trump supporters. Unfortunately, Belichick almost certain is. As disgusting as that is, he's probably one of the best coaches to ever play the game. Even with Brady out in the first four games, they were still 3-1 and managed to hit 14-2 for the regular season.
Gisele is more liberal than Tom, so of course she's going to say that. She was probably only trying to distance herself from Brady's friendship with Trump.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 10:19:11 AM »

Would I vote for a politician on the basis of which team he supports?  Unlikely.

Similarly, my judgment of an athlete does not depend upon his political ideology.

Ah, to each his own.  Public policy and athletes have a strange relationship.  For example, Jesse Owens was, far and away, the best track and field competitor at the 1936 olympic games.  (Four gold medals!)  When he came back to the United States he was given a tickertape parade in New York and invited to a reception dinner in his honor.  But when he arrived at the Waldorf Astoria hotel for the reception in his honor, he was not allowed in the front entrance.  Instead, he was instructed to use the service entrance.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies