An Olawakandi Center for Burn Victims
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:45:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  An Olawakandi Center for Burn Victims
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Author Topic: An Olawakandi Center for Burn Victims  (Read 62309 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2017, 11:52:18 AM »
« edited: May 27, 2017, 11:56:47 AM by Torie »

The fact that you guys will delete that, but do nothing about Klartext really does show how bad the state of this forum is.

Everybody has their own hit list. Why can't we all just get along?  Anyway, I repeat, sometimes offensive posts do not violate the TOS. The most frustrating situations are when a poster avoids personal attacks, and has opinions that many or most find horrific (and sometimes even frightening), but they fall short of outright bigotry and hatred. Remember that poll I had about whether being an incorrigible jerk should violate the TOS? Forum opinion on that was split down the middle. It's clear to me, that there is no set for forum policies that will not have their share of critics. And that is putting aside what DAVE wants, as if one puts him on "ignore." Such is life.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2017, 02:44:14 PM »

oh ffs torie
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2017, 02:51:52 PM »

I mean, the fact that Klartext has been proven to be a Neo-Nazi activist should logically be enough that, at the very least, some action should be taken against him.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2017, 03:30:05 PM »

This girl has never met me before ...

In my case, the dialogue would go like this:

Girl: Uh hey Tender, are you just waiting around outside my class?
Tender: *staring at her from top to bottom for 1 minute, using a big fat Wink*
Girl: *running screaming for campus security*

Are you saying you'd have one eye pinched close for a solid minute while scanning her top to bottom like some sort of sexual Terminator?

I haven't laughed this hard at a a post in forum for a long long time period if she didn't already have a thread named after her period period period
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2017, 04:29:46 PM by TD »

That is an amazing rant. My hands shook as I deleted it. I need to remember not to commit any felonies in his county. The idea of him prosecuting me suffuses me with dread. Sanchez certainly has a talent in getting under many posters' skin, I must say. He has a gift. And he (among others) is certainly keeping the Cave busy. The days of me being the Maytag man are just so over. A couple of days have been like 20 reports to process. F you Trump, for that too! Sad

Badger is one of the few people I would not want to annoy either… he's got that whole avenging angel with healthy dose of snark angle going.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2017, 10:19:41 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2017, 09:21:17 AM by TexasGurl »

The fact that you guys will delete that, but do nothing about Klartext really does show how bad the state of this forum is.

Everybody has their own hit list. Why can't we all just get along?  Anyway, I repeat, sometimes offensive posts do not violate the TOS. The most frustrating situations are when a poster avoids personal attacks, and has opinions that many or most find horrific (and sometimes even frightening), but they fall short of outright bigotry and hatred. Remember that poll I had about whether being an incorrigible jerk should violate the TOS? Forum opinion on that was split down the middle. It's clear to me, that there is no set for forum policies that will not have their share of critics. And that is putting aside what DAVE wants, as if one puts him on "ignore." Such is life.
Can't we all just f%#@ing get along?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2017, 07:24:21 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2017, 10:40:12 AM by TexasGurl »

Can't we all just f*&%ing get along?

That's up to you guys.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2017, 11:58:43 AM »

That is an amazing rant. My hands shook as I deleted it. I need to remember not to commit any felonies in his county. The idea of him prosecuting me suffuses me with dread. Sanchez certainly has a talent in getting under many posters' skin, I must say. He has a gift. And he (among others) is certainly keeping the Cave busy. The days of me being the Maytag man are just so over. A couple of days have been like 20 reports to process. F you Trump, for that too! Sad

Badger is one of the few people I would not want to annoy either… he's got that whole avenging angel with healthy dose of snark angle going.
Eh, he doesn't bother me any. Any prosecutor who behaves like he does in response to a college kid's opinions isn't very stable. He keeps invoking my autistic brother, so I invoked his kids. I wouldn't be afraid of getting on his bad side.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2017, 01:05:35 PM »

have you done it both times already, or is it more of a bucket list thing?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2017, 12:01:10 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2017, 12:06:55 PM by Badger »

Eh, he doesn't bother me any. Any prosecutor who behaves like he does in response to a college kid's opinions isn't very stable. He keeps invoking my autistic brother, so I invoked his kids. I wouldn't be afraid of getting on his bad side.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa there! I don't believe that's quite true, Sanchez. Several other individuals brought up the comparison of your autistic brother and supporting Trump despite his cuts to Medicaid that will affect your brother, but I don't believe I was one of them. I avoided doing so. I believe after our little tete-a-tete you posted that you didn't like the Republicans budget proposal because of its cuts to Medicaid in the way it would affect your Brothers needs, to which I inquired dash dash at least with an attempt at sensitivity since I prefaced it by noting I didn't want to start a fight - - how you felt about the fact that it was in fact Trump's budget.

That I believe was the entire extent my mentioning your brother, unlike several other posters. Possibly could be incorrect on this and I'm glad to be proven wrong if a record of my posting shows otherwise, but I'm reasonably confident that this is the case. Trust Me, While others may have accused you of hypocrisy for supporting Trump while opposing his budget because of the effect it would have on your brother, my objections to your posts were different, extensive, and varied.Wink

Your reference to my kids was over the line, but I let it slide by merely noting, quite accurately I have to say, that I think that simply reflected how much my arguments had you rattled and that it was a lack of character on your part. Enough said

Sanchez, you really aren't among the worst posters on this form comma what's your Non-Stop riding Trump's Jock and inability to admit that his presidency--despite whatever high hopes you may have had for a third way president charting off a course between the Democrats who's liberalism you detest, and the internationalist establishment neoconservative Wing previously dominant in the Republican party which you likewise are no fan of--has indisputably turned into a total dumpster fire, and dealing with that reality seems to be literally rotting your brain.

Seriously man, it's a little scary.

Oh, and regarding responding to you in a certain way whether you are college student or an adult is really not with this forum is about. You should know that. Barring a couple posters who appear to have a legitimate diagnosable mental shortcomings-- and I don't mean the run-of-the-mill nuroses and weirdness that 99% of us posters here suffer from Tongue-- this is a snowflake free zone. One earns or forfeits respect here based on their ability to make and support an argument, and to a lesser degree get along with feathers in the sandbox. There's no bell curve based on age or lack thereof. It's a full-time permanent Adult Swim here, so I encourage you to tread water better because your ill-conceived defenses of Trump have left you in the metaphorical deep end these past few months
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2017, 02:16:39 PM »

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa there! I don't believe that's quite true, Sanchez. Several other individuals brought up the comparison of your autistic brother and supporting Trump despite his cuts to Medicaid that will affect your brother, but I don't believe I was one of them. I avoided doing so. I believe after our little tete-a-tete you posted that you didn't like the Republicans budget proposal because of its cuts to Medicaid in the way it would affect your Brothers needs, to which I inquired dash dash at least with an attempt at sensitivity since I prefaced it by noting I didn't want to start a fight - - how you felt about the fact that it was in fact Trump's budget.

That I believe was the entire extent my mentioning your brother, unlike several other posters. Possibly could be incorrect on this and I'm glad to be proven wrong if a record of my posting shows otherwise, but I'm reasonably confident that this is the case. Trust Me, While others may have accused you of hypocrisy for supporting Trump while opposing his budget because of the effect it would have on your brother, my objections to your posts were different, extensive, and varied.Wink

Your reference to my kids was over the line, but I let it slide by merely noting, quite accurately I have to say, that I think that simply reflected how much my arguments had you rattled and that it was a lack of character on your part. Enough said

Sanchez, you really aren't among the worst posters on this form comma what's your Non-Stop riding Trump's Jock and inability to admit that his presidency--despite whatever high hopes you may have had for a third way president charting off a course between the Democrats who's liberalism you detest, and the internationalist establishment neoconservative Wing previously dominant in the Republican party which you likewise are no fan of--has indisputably turned into a total dumpster fire, and dealing with that reality seems to be literally rotting your brain.

Seriously man, it's a little scary.

Oh, and regarding responding to you in a certain way whether you are college student or an adult is really not with this forum is about. You should know that. Barring a couple posters who appear to have a legitimate diagnosable mental shortcomings-- and I don't mean the run-of-the-mill nuroses and weirdness that 99% of us posters here suffer from Tongue-- this is a snowflake free zone. One earns or forfeits respect here based on their ability to make and support an argument, and to a lesser degree get along with feathers in the sandbox. There's no bell curve based on age or lack thereof. It's a full-time permanent Adult Swim here, so I encourage you to tread water better because your ill-conceived defenses of Trump have left you in the metaphorical deep end these past few months

Thank you for posting directly into the thread Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2017, 02:52:44 PM »

Did someone seriously just unironically cite a Political Compass chart?

LMAO

If by "just" you mean 4 and half years ago, then yeah.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2017, 03:33:56 PM »

Lmao. I love how the AAD cult is trying to turn Tony against Virginia (and failing entirely) because you can't handle the fact that one of your echo chamber's idols was a total douche who wasn't even that good of a poster.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2017, 03:57:57 PM »

Context
Kingpo, you can't use Macron. His party was actually successful...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2017, 05:46:02 PM »

Ah, my own dear Ferrand.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2017, 06:57:22 PM »

If I was in the democratic party, I would work behind the scenes to get Sessions to run as an independent candidate, which I imagine is still possible, and then hope for a split in the GOP vote that allows whoever the dems nominate to win.

If you were the Democratic Party, the Republicans would have a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2017, 12:44:41 PM »

shut up and make me a sandwich, grumps
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2017, 02:29:17 PM »

I'll make her the sandwich of today - A nothingburger.  Cheesy
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »

You can't eat emails.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2017, 03:10:13 PM »

A true gentleman would fly all the way to Germany to fulfill his online promise.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2017, 03:21:40 PM »

How is Sunderland such a safe labour Brexit area when it voted heavily for Labour brexit?

Rephrase it like this and you will get slightly less vitriol than the coal miner question.

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2017, 03:27:17 PM »

Don't believe me, just watch.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2017, 01:09:54 PM »

Now this actually sounds pretty cool and exciting. I wish there was a Christian equivalent that I could go on, although preferably one that would be allowed any time of year.
Ah yes. Religion should revolve around my vacation calendar!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2017, 08:15:49 PM »

Now this actually sounds pretty cool and exciting. I wish there was a Christian equivalent that I could go on, although preferably one that would be allowed any time of year.
Ah yes. Religion should revolve around my vacation calendar!

Some guy replied to that explaining the main reason why.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »

Is this about getting rid of  dyslexics and non-native speakers or is just Averroes wanting to express his superiority again?

My impression is that he's annoyed by TexasGurl's short quips in response to complaints about Evergreen's ban.  E.g.:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=266430.msg5697967#msg5697967

Ah, right. Nothing upsets people as much as having their effort post not be given the RESPECT it deserves.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies