Simossad for the House • Our Country of Tomorrow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:26:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Simossad for the House • Our Country of Tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Simossad for the House • Our Country of Tomorrow  (Read 1107 times)
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2017, 01:30:10 PM »
« edited: February 11, 2017, 08:29:10 AM by Assemblyman simossad »

OUR COUNTRY OF TOMORROW
SIMOSSAD FOR THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

People of Atlasia! Change does not come from one day to another. It cannot be forced. It cannot be decided. The only way real change can happen is if it takes place from the bottom up.

With this premise, I, as a very young citizen who has never been involved in Atlasia, decided to take action in the region which was the problem child of the whole Republic at this point. The region of Fremont was a region that suffered from serious structural problems, it suffered from a constitution that made governing very hard, it suffered from structural inactivity and the lack of interest in the political process.

When I was elected as the only Laborite in the Assembly, I was a newcomer in a region that needed some serious help and much dedication by federal and regional officials. But my relative inexperience was not an obstacle. The balance between experienced politicians and newcomers in the Assembly made it possible to revive our region and to bring a new and livelier debate culture in our political process. It was the willingness to work together and the interplay of experience and new perspectives that recovered our region. And although it has only been a month since the Assembly decided to propose the new constitution to the public, I believe that I am able to say that our region does fairly well now. But there is still much to do, and we all have to accept that the Assembly of Fremont still does not meet the standards of the other regional councils in Atlasia. We all have to support our Governor Truman, who has always been an admonishing voice towards the Assembly's leadership, and we all have to support the Emergency Commissioner Rpryor, who shows great commitment to the issues that matter in Fremont.

During my first days not just as an Assemblyman, but as an Atlasian citizen, I was able to implement my proposals in the new constitution in Fremont. My contributions to the work of Governor Truman, who deserves credit for his great work, have prevented voting restrictions for new citizens and have made the constitution of Fremont the most democratic and most people-orientated constitution in Atlasia. Furthermore, I have

and much more.

During the current term, I, as a non-native English speaking immigrant and a new citizen of Atlasia, have been one of the most active players in Fremont, and now, I want to get involved in federal legislation.

In Fremont, I have been a strong voice for those who can not speak for themselves and who have been ignored for too long. Now I want to carry my fight to the federal level. I will never be silent and I will never stop expressing my opinion on Fremont's issues. However, everyone in this country deserves to be fought for. I am experienced enough to be an efficient representative, but I am also new enough to the game to open up new perspectives and to bring a breath of fresh air the game and the political process desperately needs.

It's true that I have, due to my relatively short period in this game, not always made the best decisions. I acknowledge my mistakes. But I have learned from my mistakes, and I have proven that I am able to reach out to members of all parties, and that I have the courage to question aspects experienced players are unable to see or have never thought of. That's exactly what I want, I want balance between experience and new fresh faces, and I want balance between the political ideologies, so that they work together on the issues that matter.

Thank you, my fellow Atlasians. I count on you, and you can count on me.

Supporters:
Never Again, Rep. and Presidential Nominee of the Labor Party
Peebs, Rep. and Secretary of Federal Elections
1184AZ, Speaker of the Fremont Assembly
Truman, Governor of Fremont
Clyde1998, Senator
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »

ENDORSED!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 01:41:30 PM »

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 01:43:19 PM »

Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 03:02:06 PM »

Thank you all!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »

As much as I will miss your contributions in the Assembly, it's clear that you will be an active and faithful voice for the people in Nyman. Endorsed, and best of luck!
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 12:14:44 AM »

Thank you Truman, your endosement means very much to me.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 03:06:08 AM »

Not endorsing, but I look forward to seeing just how high you can rise. I took a similar path, going from the Chamber of Delegates to the House to the Senate to being Governor of the South and now to being a Presidential Candidate, all in about 8 months!
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »

OUR COUNTRY OF TOMORROW
MY BASIC PRINCIPLES (1/2)

People of Atlasia,

I have given account of what I have done as an Assemblyman in the Fremont region. But I know that, due to the lack of name recognition, many of you don't know what I will fight for in the house. I want to lay out my basic principles and my stances on various political issues.

Defense Issues: We have to accept war as an ultima ratio. No diplomatic measure shall not be untried before we decide to start a war. Wars are costly, not just for our nation, but for all the people and families that bleed for our nation. Going to a war is followed by the responsibility to care for the veterans and those who have served the nation. The war in Iraq has shown that military intervention can lead to destabilization and can be a huge losing deal. We have to consider these facts in our actions against Daesh. I support a nuclear deal with Iran in order to impede their success in developing nuclear weapons. The NATO is a meaningful institution, but it should not seek another expansion towards eastern Europe, which Russia would see as an affront.

Social Issues: I support paid maternity leave and paternity leave. Abortion should not be the norm, but we have to respect their right to decide over their own body and to protect them from stigma and social exclusion. I believe that same-sex marriage is a fundamental human right and we have to speak against those who want to abolish it. As a representative, I will address mental disorders and will push for measures to fight stigma and social preconceptions. I support the efforts of peaceful Black Lives Matter movements and I will never vote for any piece of legislation that threatens to implement disadvantages for people on the basis of their skin color, their ethnic background, their religion, their gender or their sexual orientation.

Economy & Budget: Balancing a budget is a noble goal, but we have to respect the needs of our citizens. Cutting social programs will backfire. Actions that increase the purchase power of the people in our country will, in the long run, be better for our budget and our economy than any cuts for social programs. I believe that unions are a necessary part of our economy. They provide fair pay and are essential in the fight against exploitation. It is a basic stance of mine that ownership entails responsibility. Thus, we need high taxes for the super-rich and tax cuts for the lower income classes. Wealth- and income inequality are dangers to our country we have to fight against. I support a minimum wage that is enough to provide a life in dignity. Furthermore, we have to support small family businesses, which are the backbone of our economy.

Education Issues: Debt free colleges and universities are not rare in various European countries. It is nothing that we can't afford, and it gives all students the same chances. Young people are the future of our country, but schools are in a miserable state. We have to heavily increase funding of public schools. I oppose any form of voucher program because that opens the door to access to teaching contents the government can not control. I also oppose teaching contents based on religious beliefs. Schools should teach findings science has agreed on. However, I support ethics teaching and joint and controlled learning about religion and their diverse forms. We also have to invest in childcare and preschools in order to convey teaching content to young children.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 04:15:55 PM »

OUR COUNTRY OF TOMORROW
MY BASIC PRINCIPLES (2/2)

Foreign Issues: We immediately have to make diplomatic efforts towards the Turkish government in order to prevent our relationship to get worse. Turkey is our major predominant Muslim ally, but we also have to work with our European partners to find a solution of the ongoing decrease of democracy in the country. Concerning Cuba, we have to accept that sanctions will not lead to democratization. Of course, everyone has the right to express their own opinion, but when protests turn violent, the protesters should feel the rule of law in this country.

Environmental Issues: The fight against climate change, which is real and caused by human activity, has to be one of the top priorities of our political process. Renewable energies have to be heavily supported. Atlasia shall take a leading role in the fight against fossil fuels and other environmentally unfriendly influences. We should expand national parks to protect our untouched environment.

Immigration: The notion that the southern border of Atlasia is flooded by unauthorized immigrants is just false and we should not get fooled by those who take this “argument” as the basis of political action. In fact, unauthorized immigration has declined in the past years. This country was founded on immigration. I believe that everyone who wants to work in and for Atlasia shall have the right to become an Atlasian citizen. I also believe that the world's largest exporter of weapons has the moral obligation to protect those who seek asylum from the wars that are fought with Atlasian arms and guns.

Game Reform: I fully support Never Again's proposed measures on Game Reform. It is essential for this game to be attractive to new players, and that can only be achieved by giving everybody a say who actually has something to say. I also believe that we should seriously follow the upcoming discussion about a parliamentary system. As an Assemblyman, I supported the semi-parliamentary constitution what was proposed by Governor Truman. We have to take a closer look on Fremont at the future and watch how it develops under the new system. If it works out well, we will have a serious discussion on that.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »

Endorsed! It's clear that you'll be a very positive voice for us in the House.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 01:06:28 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 12:58:27 AM by Assemblyman simossad »

PRESS RELEASES (13/02/2017)

SIREN'S RE-ELECTION TO THE SENATE

I congratulate Siren on her re-election as the senator of our joint home region, Fremont. During her tenure in the House and in the Senate, Siren has always been an advocate for those who have been ignored by our political process. Her constant commitment to equality and environment protection has  made this country a better place to live. We already had a conversation about basic political ideology a few weeks ago, and I hope that our exchange of opinions will evolve to a collaborative work on concrete practical political proposals after the election.

CONSTITUTIONAL REFERENDUM IN FREMONT

I also appreciate the decision by the voters of Fremont to approve the new constitution that was built by Governor Truman and my fellow assemblymen, AZ and RFayette, and myself. We hope that this new constitution, that the diversity of political systems and the variety of opportunities to get involved in this country will bring activity and political commitment by the citizens back to our region. I want to thank everyone who has been a part of this process, and I hope that we can be more optimistic about the current situation than we were allowed to be in the past.

As the second constitution of Fremont has been adopted, voices grew louder that demand to implement a parliamentary constitution nationwide. I defended the parliamentary system in Fremont, and I am open to a fundamental reform of our constitution. I also want to thank Senator Clyde for presenting a coherent parliamentary concept to the public. But as always, there are arguments that speak for and against this proposal.

As a representative
, I will push for the implementation of a cross-party committee that deals with the drafting of a watertight parliamentary Atlasian constitution. I know that setting up a new constitution means a lot of work, but that is a good thing in this context. A slow, transparent procedure will take the heat off the discussion and give everybody a chance to make their voice heard. And if the process gets stuck in the sand during this long period due to inactivity and the lack of commitment, we will know that this topic is not as important to the people of Atlasia as it seems to be right now. Once the committee is finished with its work, a national constitutional referendum shall be held. I believe that the will of the people should count in the end, and that this is the best way to solve these substantive debates.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 08:26:25 AM »

People of Atlasia.

Voting booths are open. No matter who you vote for, it is important that you vote at all. Voting is the most important instrument in a vivid democracy to epress one's own vote. You can decide who is going to represent you in the White House and in the House of Representatives.

However, I want to ask you to high preference me in the election for the House of Representatives. As a a candidate, I have made my point clear and I have presented my basic stances and my convictions to you. There are many candidates in this race, which is a good thing in a democracy. But no other candidate has made their point as clear as I have. If you vote for me, you know what you get: a voice in the house that represents young people, new parents, unemployed and disadvantaged people, and the vulnerable environment.

There are many incumbents running for re-election, and I appreciate that. It is important to have voices in the House that bring their experience and their knowledge into the political process. I believe that if you vote for me, there will be a healthy and sound balance between experience and new, fresh insights and ideas in the house.

Polls are open until February 20. Please vote!
Thank you.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 04:57:11 AM »

Congrats on your election to the House. Smiley

I look forward to working with you on mental health issues. This was always a big issue for me and Duke back in the day and I hope we can get some movement on it again.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 05:00:21 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. Representative! It's been a real pleasure working with you these last few weeks; your conscientious leadership in the Assembly and your commitment to the contest of ideas on the campaign trail indicate that you have what it takes to represent all Atlasians with dignity in the House.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 05:34:35 AM »

Congratulations Simmosad on your election. I know you'll make a brilliant representative in the House.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 11:09:57 AM »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

The last days were some fraught days for me, and I can't express how happy I am that the election is finally over. I like to thank everyone who participated in this election as candidates and voters. You made your point clear. That's the only way this game and this democracy works.

Before I come to talk about the result in general and the future of this country after the election, I want to thank everyone who has supported me and my decision to run for the House of Representatives. I didn't expect so many people to back my candidacy, and I didn't expect such a fantastic result. I am deeply moved, and I see that as a clear mandate to fight for the issues I laid out during my campaign. I also want to congratulate my fellow laborities who had success this weekend. I start with One_J, a new and exiting voice in Atlasia, who has joined the same time as I and whose stances and priorities are similar to mine. Together, we will shake up the house! I also want to congratulate my fellow Fremont Assemblyman 1184AZ, who has worked with me and Governor Truman to rebuild our region, and I want to congratulate Peebs, the candidate who has gained the most support in this election.

I have to both thank and congratulate our former governor and new prime minister Truman for doing such a great job. Working with you was always a pleasure to me, and I have to admit that it has influenced the way I do politics in this game for the better. I'll miss working with you in the Assembly, but be sure that I will never be silent on Fremont's issues.

Now, let's have a look at the general results. Much as I am relieved that I was able to win a seat in the house election, we have to admit that this is a disappointing result for Labor. We lost the majority in the house, and we surely expected another outcome in the presidential election. NeverAgain was a great candidate and would have been a great president. We'll see what President dfw will bring us. I congratulate him on his victory, and I am exited about this term. This is no time to hang one's head. I surely would have loved to see a Labor majority in the house, but the federalist representatives – Yankee, Potus, tedbessell, Enduro and Heisenberg – are all fine men. I will not obstruct constructive work in the house. I look forward to working with the majority in during our term, and I appreciate the invitation of Yankee to work together a bipartisan issue – mental health – an issue that has been ignored by our political establishment for too long.

Thank you!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies