Opinion of Antonio V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:18:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Antonio V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 127

Author Topic: Opinion of Antonio V  (Read 5878 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »

And Kal in regards to "Jfern is... well, we all know what he is"...yes a shockingly well regarded and respected poster. See the FF/HP poll on him.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »

BRTD, does it ever occur to you that you might be errant in carrying on these obsessive, petulant grudges?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2017, 01:41:23 PM »

And Kal in regards to "Jfern is... well, we all know what he is"...yes a shockingly well regarded and respected poster. See the FF/HP poll on him.

I hope you're not going to use FF/HP votes as a reasonable measure of a poster's quality. My opinion of jfern's trolling is known.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »

BRTD, does it ever occur to you that you might be errant in carrying on these obsessive, petulant grudges?

I mean, apparently not, right?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2017, 01:43:36 PM »

I mean, apparently not, right?

It's a shame, really. Had he put his seemingly endless energy he's wasting online for petulant feudings into something useful, he could win a Nobel Prize.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2017, 10:24:41 PM »

Does jfern? He seems to not only still be upset over the Democratic primary debate schedule, he also seems to care far more about that than anything Trump has done.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2017, 10:25:25 PM »

Does jfern? He seems to not only still be upset over the Democratic primary debate schedule, he also seems to care far more about that than anything Trump has done.

"No you" (or "no him") in this case is also petulant.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2017, 10:32:08 PM »

You spent more than a week caring more about a mediocre museum in yoir hometown than about anything that was happening in the real world
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2017, 10:35:05 PM »

You spent more than a week caring more about a mediocre museum in yoir hometown than about anything that was happening in the real world

Because it was far easier to just focus on that instead of the nightmare of Trump that I didn't want to believe was happening.
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2017, 10:36:11 PM »

Because it was far easier to just focus on that instead of the nightmare of Trump that I didn't want to believe was happening.
And how is that any better than what you're accusing jfern of? At least he was talking about something that actually affects anything
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2017, 10:37:57 PM »

And how is that any better than what you're accusing jfern of?

Because he seems to think that Trump is actually better than Hillary or the DNC.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2017, 06:19:33 AM »

As Antonio's friend I can attest he's very, very aware on the nightmare of Trump. So yes, he might've reacted very emotionally to Perez's election (which, again, doesn't make his points invalid). There's still no comparision with jfern. It only shows he cares about wider picture.

And worrying about the direction of the Democratic Party has everything to do with prospects of stopping Trump.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2017, 06:22:31 AM »

Btw, have it ever occured to you a lot of these FF votes are solely because of your constant whinning about him?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2017, 06:25:50 AM »

Btw, have it ever occured to you a lot of these FF votes are solely because of your constant whinning about him?

Definitely think jfern gets some FF votes as proxy anti-BRTD votes.  Especially since some of the voters in question actually told us that:

Voted FF for triggering you with his consistency.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2017, 06:57:27 AM »

Can- can- can't we all just calm down? Too much hate here.

All we need is

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »

As Antonio's friend I can attest he's very, very aware on the nightmare of Trump. So yes, he might've reacted very emotionally to Perez's election (which, again, doesn't make his points invalid). There's still no comparision with jfern. It only shows he cares about wider picture.

And worrying about the direction of the Democratic Party has everything to do with prospects of stopping Trump.

I've said before that I wasn't attacking people who were being rationally critical, only frothing lunatics like Tony and jfern. And that's true of most people who were being critical.

Someone on AAD (not banned here) initially got called out hard for initially posting a lot of "RAR RAR NEOLIBERALISM" hot takes but then posted this the next day:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now can you see why I'm saying Tony was far closer to jfern than any of the rational critics?

Also saying in regards to the Democratic "burn them all" and calling for party's destruction doesn't sound like being concerned about the direction of it.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »

Criticising your own party does not imply disloyalty. I could spend all week moaning about the useless berk that leads Labour and his incompetent team of toadies (plus his moronic opponents in the PLP) but that doesn't mean I don't want a Labour government. My criticism is to that end - just like a parent hectoring their child to study harder does not mean they hate their kid, I think we should criticise our factions, parties and movements other they will never learn.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2017, 10:02:47 AM »

Criticising your own party does not imply disloyalty. I could spend all week moaning about the useless berk that leads Labour and his incompetent team of toadies (plus his moronic opponents in the PLP) but that doesn't mean I don't want a Labour government. My criticism is to that end - just like a parent hectoring their child to study harder does not mean they hate their kid, I think we should criticise our factions, parties and movements other they will never learn.

He didn't just criticize it though, he said "Burn em all". And still being hung up over the DNC debate schedule far more than any of the actions of Trump and criticizing Hillary and the Democrats savagely after the election while the worst thing being said about Trump is "his cabinet is pretty bad" like jfern kind of strikes me as a bit different than what you're talking about.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2017, 10:22:57 AM »

Can- can- can't we all just calm down? Too much hate here.

All we need is

Leeeeeeaaaaaaaannnnnnninnnnnngggggg.....leeeeeaaaaannnnniiiiiinnng.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2017, 11:28:38 AM »

I think we should criticise our factions, parties and movements other they will never learn.

criticizing yes, not knee-capping them.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2017, 07:59:32 PM »

I love how BRTD is still rambling on and on about this three days after the fact while I have moved on, but somehow I'm the one who's "obsessing" over it. Roll Eyes
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2017, 10:35:45 PM »

I love how BRTD is still rambling on and on about this three days after the fact while I have moved on, but somehow I'm the one who's "obsessing" over it. Roll Eyes

BRTD's using "alternative facts" Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2017, 11:16:05 PM »

I think BRTD's starting to crack.
Alex