Opinion of Antonio V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:58:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Antonio V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 127

Author Topic: Opinion of Antonio V  (Read 5879 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2017, 01:02:14 AM »

This is why he had such an epic meltdown.

Wtf is up with all the hate for Perez? DNC Chair isn't a policy figure. And even if it was, he's just as progressive as Ellison.

This is a symbol. It's a middle finger to anyone who isn't an establishment hack.

GIVE ME A F[INKS]ING BREAK. I'm almost embarassed to have supported Ellison now with ridiculous clowns like this guy (who keeps talking about "my party" when he's not even an American) and jfern backing him.

The people who passionately support Ellison are a lot less embarrassing than the cult of Sanders. I'm proud to be on this side of an important fight. Perez won't be my chairman.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2017, 02:02:11 AM »

We don't agree on much, but FF. He seems to be triggering the right people and it helps that his detractors on the Democratic side are some of the worst posters here.

Can we all agree this is really stupid reasoning?

Anyways, I like Antonio even though he doesn't really seem to like me. He's made some great timelines and is generally a nice poster. His fit about something so pointless was pretty sad though and talking about burning down a party because his guy got 13 less votes was quite nauseating, but hopefully he'll come to grips soon enough.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2017, 02:26:11 AM »

We don't agree on much, but FF. He seems to be triggering the right people and it helps that his detractors on the Democratic side are some of the worst posters here.

Can we all agree this is really stupid reasoning?

Anyways, I like Antonio even though he doesn't really seem to like me. He's made some great timelines and is generally a nice poster. His fit about something so pointless was pretty sad though and talking about burning down a party because his guy got 13 less votes was quite nauseating, but hopefully he'll come to grips soon enough.

Huh I don't remember saying anything negative about you.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2017, 02:29:48 AM »

I love how all the red avatars are turning on one another.

Reds devouring each other is the key to Western history, 1900-present.

I would say c. 1790 (fittingly for the subject of the thread)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2017, 04:12:17 AM »

GIVE ME A F[INKS]ING BREAK. I'm almost embarassed to have supported Ellison now with ridiculous clowns like this guy (who keeps talking about "my party" when he's not even an American) and jfern backing him.

So your view on Ellison is being determined by two Atlas posters?

OK.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2017, 05:57:49 AM »

OK.

Why would you expect any better from BRTD?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2017, 06:18:40 AM »

OK.

Nope.

But ever since the Sanders campaign and movement took off, I had second thoughts. I didn't want to associate with his crazier supporters or some of the absurd criticisms of Hillary you constantly see here from people like jfern or ProgressiveCanadian, so I didn't switch.

Yeah, crazy hatred of Hillary like this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=89449.0
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2017, 06:52:19 AM »

Of course the election of Tom Perez is horrible, it's a f*k you to all sanders supporters, for Perez, who's a good man himself, but for what this essentially is a big middle finger up, to those against the failed brand of establishment centrism. You have to fycking mind-numbingly stupid not to realise that.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2017, 07:19:11 AM »

OK.

I'm still foolishly hoping, almost certainly in vain, he can't be that pathetic. Yes, I'm always being proven wrong on this.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2017, 07:38:55 AM »

I think he needs to chill out a bit, it's not healthy this forum for him.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2017, 08:01:44 AM »

All right, seriously, come on.  I disagree with Tony on some things, but he's a genuinely good poster and this is a really stupid thing to throw fits over.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2017, 03:41:49 PM »

Did I actually get 7-8 more HP votes over this? Seriously? Huh OK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2017, 03:57:24 PM »

Did I actually get 7-8 more HP votes over this? Seriously? Huh OK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If that many people are changing their whole opinion of you as a poster over this, that's pretty sad.  I mean, I think you had a pretty big over-reaction, but it happens.  It obviously doesn't change the fact that you're easily one of the better posters on the forum.  I can only speak for myself, but your reaction to Perez winning was more surprising than anything else given how OOC it was, tbh.  It certainly didn't change my opinion of you, for what it's worth (not that my opinion has ever carried a whole lot of weight on the forum). 

In any event, I'm sure most posters are able to distinguish between you and someone like Jfern.  As for those who are unable to make that distinction, I'll just say that Jfern and BRTD clearly have a lot more in common than either would care to admit.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2017, 04:03:01 PM »

I can only speak for myself, but your reaction to Perez winning was more surprising than anything else given how OOC it was, tbh.

I might have overcompensated for having semi-willfully ignored all the things that seriously bothered me about the Democratic establishment in the past and clinging to the hope that it could be reasoned with and coaxed into compromising with the demands of the base in the face of evidence of the contrary. Electing Perez might have just been the last straw.

Still, I don't know what's so surprising about this. I was very clear about where I stood in internal Democratic politics for a long time.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2017, 04:13:01 PM »

Oops, I never voted FF. Tony means well.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2017, 04:17:02 PM »

Good poster, FF.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »

OK.

You seriously think I've turned on him now? Like that I'm going to vote against him next year?

No I still have a very high opinion of Ellison and would prefer that him and Perez have their roles swapped. However that doesn't mean I can't be embarrassed by how people like Antonio and jfern are acting.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »

OK.

You seriously think I've turned on him now? Like that I'm going to vote against him next year?

No I still have a very high opinion of Ellison and would prefer that him and Perez have their roles swapped. However that doesn't mean I can't be embarrassed by how people like Antonio and jfern are acting.

BRTD, if I were similar to you I'd long became conservative solely because you're being silly all the time. Fortunately, I'm not, and the fact jfern is annoying is not clouding my judgement.

And putting jfern on the same level as Antonio is just another example of your one-dimensional attitude. Jfern is... well, we all know what he is, while Antonio, at very most, had an occassional meltdown.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »

OK.

BRTD, if I were similar to you I'd long became conservative solely because you're being silly all the time. Fortunately, I'm not, and the fact jfern is annoying is not clouding my judgement.

Did jfern ever influence my vote? Did he get me to not vote for Sanders (although to be fair the anti-Sanders people here and AAD were just as annoying especially since ~80% of their stuff didn't have anything to do with Sanders himself and was just taking potshots at "Bernie Bros")? The only thing he did was make me feel better about voting for Hillary, but I was obviously going to vote for her as the Democratic nominee anyway.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2017, 05:08:12 PM »

I don't know what he said about the DNC race but the "reaction" here suggests to me that he was probably correct, if not in precise language then in general viewpoint.

Anyway, Tony generally seems to have his heart in the right place.  I can think of a few things where there are vehement disagreements, but at least he doesn't think people should be shot on sight for being poor and/or black like half of this forum.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2017, 05:17:50 PM »

OK.

And putting jfern on the same level as Antonio is just another example of your one-dimensional attitude. Jfern is... well, we all know what he is, while Antonio, at very most, had an occassional meltdown.

Did jfern and Tony act significantly different yesterday?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »

And once again there were MANY people here and AAD who expressed disappointment with Perez's victory without sounding like frothing lunatics. These included Scott, thedeadflagblues, Adam Griffin and of all people...SNOWSTALKER.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2017, 06:13:29 PM »

My opnion of him has gone way way up, bigly, thanks to this^
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2017, 07:46:58 PM »

Can- can- can't we all just calm down? Too much hate here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sh8YtxdTkE4
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2017, 08:24:39 PM »

I can only speak for myself, but your reaction to Perez winning was more surprising than anything else given how OOC it was, tbh.

I might have overcompensated for having semi-willfully ignored all the things that seriously bothered me about the Democratic establishment in the past and clinging to the hope that it could be reasoned with and coaxed into compromising with the demands of the base in the face of evidence of the contrary. Electing Perez might have just been the last straw.

Still, I don't know what's so surprising about this. I was very clear about where I stood in internal Democratic politics for a long time.

I guess I was just surprised by the intensity of the rage-posts (to your credit, I don't think that I've seen a blow-up like that from you before) and everyone has been getting so OTT about this that it was hard to tell what was hyperbole and what people meant seriously.   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies