So it begins... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:00:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  So it begins... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So it begins...  (Read 3006 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: February 09, 2017, 09:34:26 AM »

I see EnglishPete's anti-Muslim biases - no, I'll say bigotry, are showing. "MUSLIM WOMAN. MUST PASSIVELY AGGRESSIVELY QUESTION HER BONAFIDES."

I see the Alt-Nazis are out in force today. EnglishPete's doing a good job channeling the segregationists and the bigots of the 1960s.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 11:30:31 AM »

The conservatives should consider in four to eight years, that the question will be "What's your opinion of President [Sanders II/x liberal]?" And I wonder how some of them will take to answering that question? "Oh, I love the President!" they could say.

This is why you don't make idiotic short termism policy.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2017, 02:17:15 PM by TD »

@EnglishPete

No I respond to you as a clear anti Muslim poster (at minimum)  because your posting history and your clear emphasis on certain issues. Let's call a spade a spade. You are inherently anti Muslim and clearly that's tied to some sort of cultural identity you have as a European. This isn't a one off for you, its actually a consistent trend.

In simpler terms we call it bigotry. No matter how fancy you dress it up or how many stories you post. The entire forum recognizes it as well. The rhetoric and language is pretty familiar and standard book.

You can toss all the links you want to sound sophisticated but you're still pushing the ugly ideology we've all seen.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 05:46:44 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2017, 05:58:02 PM by TD »

@EnglishPete

No I respond to you as a clear anti Muslim poster (at minimum)  because your posting history and your clear emphasis on certain issues. Let's call a spade a spade. You are inherently anti Muslim and clearly that's tied to some sort of cultural identity you have as a European. This isn't a one off for you, its actually a consistent trend.

In simpler terms we call it bigotry. No matter how fancy you dress it up or how many stories you post. The entire forum recognizes it as well. The rhetoric and language is pretty familiar and standard book.

You can toss all the links you want to sound sophisticated but you're still pushing the ugly ideology we've all seen.
I see you're trying to change the subject here.

The subject is the liberal media. Specifically the way that time after time after time they've used the tactic of uncritically broadcasting the stories of some bullsh**tter with a sob story if their story helps push a desired propaganda points.

The fact there has been case after case of these debunked never seems to make any difference. No matter how many fake hate crimes are revealed the liberal media will uncritically broadcast the next sob story without the slightest note of doubt or even of doing anything to verify the story so long as it fits the 'narrative'.

The bullsh**t artists used are of all creeds and colours and both sexes and the liberal media seem to have no shame about using them. That's why people call them 'fake news'.

No I'm not. Please stop using your schtick as some sort of anti-establishmentarian to cover up that you're a garden variety Islamophobobic alt rightist (@ a minimum) who quotes Breitbart because it confirms your worldview.

I don't respond to you anymore, because that's pretty much all you are, not an intellectual sophisticate. But your bashing of that Muslim woman was quite egregious.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 05:56:44 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2017, 06:01:21 PM by TD »

You have to stop labelling people TD.

English Pete is entitled to an opinion.

I am not a Trump supporter. I didn't vote for him. But your only conversation with me is trying to label me as such.

I like anti-establishment. I like Bernie Sanders. I like anyone who can turn the media on it's head and bring them to their knees.

You seem fixated on placing individual people into a easily labelled boxes, and then turning the forum against them.

It's starting to get a little old. You are not the forum police.

First of all, for some reason, every 4 out of 5th post you make here praises Trump nonstop. So your own "I am not a Trump supporter, I am an Australian observer of the two parties" is kind of wearing thin (much like bronz's "I'm so proud to be centrist" schtick). You act like a Trump supporter on this forum. For all we know, in actual life, you may be a thoughtful balanced person but when you hold your man's water nonstop here, well there you go. Have a little more balanced opinion and you might be a little more believable on that part.

I don't remember our conversation, in the slightest, at this point so I can't address whatever I said.

I'm not simply labeling EnglishPete. You'll note I reference his posting history, and his crap. I've engaged him before and I've read him avidly. And he consistently appropriates the language of the alt-right and the issues of the Alt-Right, specifically the racially motivated segment of the Alt-Right. I ignore EnglishPete a lot, I was just annoyed he passively aggressively decided to bash that Muslim woman and make it a channel for his anti-Islamism.

A lot of people don't like the liberal establishment, or the Left or the Democratic Party or whatever. I understand that. I agree with that point of view mostly. Donald Trump was one of my final two choices on my ballot (and Hillary Clinton wasn't). I spent the last eight years disagreeing strongly with the Left's policies. I'll cop to being far more establishment than anti-establishment. I don't have a problem with the media the Alt-Right does. And that's a legitimate discussion we can all have and an interesting one at that.

And I'm not the forum police or labeling people (or interested in boxing in people). Be a Trump supporter or be Alt-Right all you want or be whatever you want and say whatever you want. The thing is, don't expect people to not make judgments about you based on what you post about and what you choose to emphasis. You're not a special snowflake.

Regarding being the forum police, I would hate being a mod for that exact reason. I definitely do think that some people need to be called out and addressed for certain tactics and issue emphases. As much as EnglishPete is entitled to his opinion, I'm likewise entitled to mine calling him out. You can read mine or don't.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 08:13:14 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2017, 08:18:00 PM by TD »

@EnglishPete. I skimmed your entire posting history since I missed some of it. Yeah, it's pretty clear you like to run behind a intellectual facade of seemingly egalitarian instincts but you're pretty much your average Islamophobe and garden variety racial/ethnic conservative instead of more of the neoconservative/Bush 43 types. I did note with amusement your concern over Joe McCarthy being a scapegoat. I don't think anyone believes that your Breitbart adoration is anything disassociated with certain feelings you hold, either. You don't spell out your actual feelings because you know this forum would immediately jump down your throat, but yeah, read between the lines, and it's pretty patently clear.

Not going to waste more time on you to assemble that particular case so you can try to weasel out of it and claim I misinterpreted you.

@Meclazine, I'm not an immigration liberal. I happen to be an immigration center-right conservative. I have spelled out very clearly I am for refugee vetting, I am for deporting of all illegal immigrants post-January 20, I am for enforcement of our immigration statutes. I have said elsewhere I would support the Muslim ban if it was demonstrated it would actually protect the United States' long term interests but I don't think it's going to help. I have consistently said we're in a war against radical Islam.  

The issue is when certain types on these forums for example nonstop scream about immigration and cry about Islam and never have a balanced approach to the topic. Nine out of ten times, like JJC, they'll be subtly saying "We actually mean that we want a white Europe, a white America, a white Australia, and we don't want other types." These people traffic in denouncing mainstream news and talk about certain issues in the context that if you read it as they mean it, they actually have a intense racial/ethnic subtext. And of course, their intense support for Donald Trump is linked to this behavior.

The conservative movement needs to get rid of these types of people, who, when they talk about "nationalism," actually are speaking code for "white nationalism." They consistently drag down the movement to justify their dislike of "other people." It's disgusting, morally reprehensible and it's a legacy of George Wallace.

And that's all I have to say on it.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies