Opinion of Bernie Bros
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:38:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Bernie Bros
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: How do you feel about them?  
Democrat: FFs

Democrat: HPs

Republican: FFs

Republican: HPs

independent/third party: FFs

independent/third party: HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Opinion of Bernie Bros  (Read 2071 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 01:42:19 PM »

A really annoying, but small group whose prevalence was overstated.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »

Technically, I voted for Bernie and I say "bro" when I'm drunk.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 01:50:55 PM »

Much higher than my opinion of Clinton supporters, although that's a pretty low bar.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2017, 02:01:51 PM »

Much higher than my opinion of Clinton supporters, although that's a pretty low bar.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2017, 02:18:15 PM »

You're a Clintoninte? Huh Color me disappointed.
Eharding

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2017, 02:37:21 PM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2017, 02:44:47 PM »

FFs.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2017, 06:33:19 PM »

I have no idea why that surprises you. Although my first choice would've been Rocky De La Fuente.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2017, 08:19:41 PM »

I have no idea why that surprises you. Although my first choice would've been Rocky De La Fuente.

Because I got the impression you had similar views to me on the sort of issues that lead me to utterly despise everything Hillary represented.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2017, 12:09:44 AM »

Why are all the D-VA avatars so extremely pro-Clinton? This is something I've noticed since the moment I joined here.

It's tempting to speculate that it's the combined of effect of federal employment and living in places or having friends and family who rely on federal employment, but IIRC most of our D-VAs aren't even from NoVA, so it might just be a coincidence. We're talking about four or five posters at most, right?

People on Atlas don't correspond to whom their demographic profile would imply they'd support much anyway. Seeing as how Atlas is predominately young white males you'd expect it be overwhelmingly for Sanders in the Democratic primary, but was actually close to evenly split, probably even a slight Hillary tilt.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2017, 12:55:28 AM »

Why are all the D-VA avatars so extremely pro-Clinton? This is something I've noticed since the moment I joined here.

It's tempting to speculate that it's the combined of effect of federal employment and living in places or having friends and family who rely on federal employment, but IIRC most of our D-VAs aren't even from NoVA, so it might just be a coincidence. We're talking about four or five posters at most, right?

People on Atlas don't correspond to whom their demographic profile would imply they'd support much anyway. Seeing as how Atlas is predominately young white males you'd expect it be overwhelmingly for Sanders in the Democratic primary, but was actually close to evenly split, probably even a slight Hillary tilt.

That's because Atlas is also disproportionately LGBT, a demo that favors Clinton
Eharding

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2017, 01:59:09 AM »

That's because Atlas is also disproportionately LGBT, a demo that favors Clinton

-Uh, the most LGBT state in the union is Vermont. Yes, given the demographics of Atlas, one would expect it to be 90%+ Sanders, but it clearly isn't.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2017, 02:38:21 AM »

Mostly fine, but I'm a Cruzbro.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2017, 02:40:03 AM »

I was for them before I was against them.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2017, 02:48:38 AM »

Better than third wayest Clintonites
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2017, 07:04:46 AM »

HP, not representative of Bernie supporters at all
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2017, 01:46:30 PM »

A really annoying, but small group whose prevalence was overstated.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »

If we're defining "Bernie bros" as "people who fit the Bernie bro stereotype" then HP by definition.
James Monroe

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2017, 04:29:40 PM »

HP but it's 2017 and we have to move past the dreaded primary. This coming from someone who made plenty harsh criticism of the movement and it's supporters.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2017, 05:33:58 PM »

HP but it's 2017 and we have to move past the dreaded primary. This coming from someone who made plenty harsh criticism of the movement and it's supporters.

I wasn't ruminating over the 2016 primaries when I started this.  My main motivation was in reaction to a few posters whom I identified as being Bernie Bros casting negative aspersions on possible 2020 presidential candidates (including one or two I liked) because they weren't SJWs.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2017, 06:06:13 PM »

Good point, "VT Dems against Bernie Sanders."
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2017, 06:23:05 PM »

*its
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2017, 06:26:54 PM »

She did fight bravely for them by deciding to stop opposing SSM after it had 58% support.
Eharding

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2017, 06:41:39 PM »

She did fight bravely for them by deciding to stop opposing SSM after it had 58% support.

-Exactly. Which is why I don't think LBGT was a big HRC primary demo.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2017, 05:56:07 PM »

Almost certainly had to do more with being political junkies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies