Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:24:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous?  (Read 2127 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 07:32:41 PM »

I think the "Trump=Pence" crowd are losing sight of the point that Trump is clearly an unbalanced man who has no understanding of government and also has a cult-like following with millions of Americans.

While I hate Trump, you have to admit that he cobbled a coalition of 46% of Americans to vote him despite a MOUNTAIN of issues. Pence is not that "talented" if you can put it like that. And I think putting Pence in the WH would probably reduce the empowerment of the Trumpkins

Trump is too incompetent and apathetic to accomplish most of what he was elected to do. Pence isn't.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 07:51:16 PM »

I think the "Trump=Pence" crowd are losing sight of the point that Trump is clearly an unbalanced man who has no understanding of government and also has a cult-like following with millions of Americans.

While I hate Trump, you have to admit that he cobbled a coalition of 46% of Americans to vote him despite a MOUNTAIN of issues. Pence is not that "talented" if you can put it like that. And I think putting Pence in the WH would probably reduce the empowerment of the Trumpkins

You don't think Pence is unbalanced?

I do not think we have any reasons to think so, at least for the moment. He is, of course, a guy with views that I find highly objectionable, and his morals are illustrated by him going on the ticket with Trump. But there is no reason to believe he is insane.

He stands next to Trump with a huge smile on his face every time Trump does or say something crazy.  I would say he's just as bad as Donnie.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 08:05:40 PM »

I do not think we have any reasons to think so, at least for the moment. He is, of course, a guy with views that I find highly objectionable, and his morals are illustrated by him going on the ticket with Trump. But there is no reason to believe he is insane.

He stands next to Trump with a huge smile on his face every time Trump does or say something crazy.  I would say he's just as bad as Donnie.

That smile is probably "this guy is so stupid, just a matter of time until I get to be President at this rate!".
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2017, 02:30:18 AM »

If Trump was impeached we'd be seeing celebrations from the left like those after Bin Laden's death. Conservatives will respond like after the 2012 election. Nothing dangerous IMO.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2017, 10:06:35 AM »

Lots of hate for Pence.  I think he's a by-the-book cultural conservative.  He's predictable.  He's more suited by temperament and knowledge than Trump to be president.  He's even jmfcst-approved, which means he has some mainstream appeal.  Thune and Pence were his picks in 2008, as I recall. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2017, 11:03:01 AM »

Yes -- because it will stoke the anger of an angry President who will lash out at anything to protect his delicate ego. Also yes -- because Mike Pence is an extreme ideologues, someone who believes as Donald Trump has acted, that no human suffering is in excess so long as the economic elites get what they can get and want; to make things even worse he is a religious fanatic who wants to deliver America to a cruel and vindictive God.

Mike Pence wants America to become a Christian and Corporate state, basically a fundamentalist-Christian version of Iran, and he has a Congress willing to give that to him.

This will not be good for domestic tranquillity. 
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2017, 11:15:15 AM »

Surely having no understanding could be a positive trait? I mean, Pence could more competently pursue an anti-women/minority/gay/poor agenda than Trump on that basis. This is the reason why Reagan was a better president from a conservative POV than, say, Bob Dornan would have been.

OTOH, it could lead to a nuclear apocalypse or something.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2017, 01:10:37 PM »

Speaking for myself, I think he's unbalanced in the same way any in the religious-right are. But he appears to lack Pussygrabber's especially dangerous mix of: huge but fragile ego, narcissism, massive ignorance and inability to learn.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2017, 02:35:08 PM »

Mike Pence wants America to become a Christian and Corporate state, basically a fundamentalist-Christian version of Iran, and he has a Congress willing to give that to him.

This will not be good for domestic tranquillity. 

Yes, which is why he's just as scary as Trump. For all of his flaws, Trump doesn't seem to care about the Jesus issues and like Republicans before him, he just took them for suckers; meanwhile, Governor Mike Pence was signing "religious freedom" into law for the Kim Davises of the world.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2017, 02:57:53 PM »

Trump is too incompetent and apathetic to accomplish most of what he was elected to do. Pence isn't.

I assume you have forgotten how incompetently Pence rolled out the Religious Freedom bill in Indiana in 2013/14---he was totally incapable of defending the bill on the Sunday shows!

Also Pence's main agenda (of "severe social conservatism") would be both more unpopular and (relatively) easy to fight than Trump's general authoritarian tendencies and nativism, and thus relatively less dangerous. And there doesn't appear to be evidence that Pence would be as much a loose cannon as Trump. 
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2017, 04:47:17 PM »

Probably, but a Trump administration is dangerous as well. Danger doesn't seem to stop Americans from making decisions.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2017, 06:56:27 PM »

I actually think Paul Ryan is the most dangerous of the 3 of them because his privatize everything, get rid of the social safety net agenda would destroy the middle class.  And most importantly since he's not unstable like Trump and doesn't make everything about God like Pence does, he would be more effective.  But I still think that if Trump is impeached, Pence and several members of his administration should also be impeached.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2017, 06:58:18 PM »

Almost as dangerous as a T***p presidency.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2017, 07:15:06 PM »

At the very least, the Senators who vote in favor of impeachment will find themselves in danger of disappearing inexplicably.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2017, 07:57:59 PM »

Of course not, don't be silly.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2017, 08:34:42 PM »

At the very least, the Senators who vote in favor of impeachment will find themselves in danger of disappearing inexplicably.

What's inexplicable about a mob of cultists shooting your kids, or dying of polonium poisoning?
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2017, 11:58:06 AM »

In all of these posts, not one mention of what grounds there would be to impeach Trump.  You can't impeach him just because you don't like him.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2017, 05:05:10 PM »

In all of these posts, not one mention of what grounds there would be to impeach Trump.  You can't impeach him just because you don't like him.

His business conflicts of interest will provide the easiest route to impeachment.
Cokeland Chastain
Rookie
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2017, 09:29:24 AM »

It would
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2017, 10:20:01 AM »

His business conflicts of interest will provide the easiest route to impeachment.

Let me help out Smiley

Reasons to impeach Trump (work still in progress - we are after all in his first month):

1. Accusation of unnethical dealings and personal gain for his business (and his daughter's business), while in office

2. Accusation of high treason in cooperating with foreign powers (Russia) in order to gain personal gain, without concern to the danger to the US

3. Accusation of unconstitutional actions against an independent branch of power (the Judiciary) in order to gain further power for the Executive branch

4. Accusations of discrimination on the basis of religion (Moslems) and race (Mexican-Americans)

5. Accusations of appointing and shielding cabinet members and personal advisers who have a conflict of interest and stand to gain from their government positions

6. Accusations of incompetence due to mental health concerns

Pls note that I do not agree with all of the above but several of them could be more serious than the usual partisan sniping.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »

This. You have your reason if his tax returns are leaked. I’m pretty sure. There’s a reason he refuses to publish them.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies