Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:30:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous?  (Read 2162 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: February 10, 2017, 10:07:00 AM »

This is pure speculation, but if the Trumpster were impeached, what would he do? I think he certainly won’t resign like Nixon, no matter how hopeless it looks on the congressional floor. I’m pretty sure if removed from office, the Trumpster would declare the system is rigged and incite his staunch supporters to demonstrate violently (or they would so it themselves with Trump encouraging it). So it may be that an impeachment would actually bring us close to a civil war. Don’t you think?

At some point during the process he would try to start a bloody war: possibly nuclear - as a distraction. If that does not work, all bets are off.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:13:13 AM »

Pence would gladly put down Trump and any of the crazies who support him.

After the removal vote: sure. But before it happens Trump is still president. There is nothing that would prevent him from, say, nuking Tehran. And, frankly, are you confident he would be above ordering a few Senator murders?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 10:17:36 AM »

Pence would gladly put down Trump and any of the crazies who support him.

After the removal vote: sure. But before it happens Trump is still president. There is nothing that would prevent him from, say, nuking Tehran. And, frankly, are you confident he would be above ordering a few Senator murders?

Not necassarily. The 25th amendment could be invoked quickly and make Pence acting president as long as the final vote is done.

It could. But it would take time for the majority to be convinced it has to be. It would take a lot less time to order the bombing of whatever he decides he wants to bomb or to order the killing of whomever decides he needs to kill.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 07:15:01 PM »

I think the "Trump=Pence" crowd are losing sight of the point that Trump is clearly an unbalanced man who has no understanding of government and also has a cult-like following with millions of Americans.

While I hate Trump, you have to admit that he cobbled a coalition of 46% of Americans to vote him despite a MOUNTAIN of issues. Pence is not that "talented" if you can put it like that. And I think putting Pence in the WH would probably reduce the empowerment of the Trumpkins

You don't think Pence is unbalanced?

I do not think we have any reasons to think so, at least for the moment. He is, of course, a guy with views that I find highly objectionable, and his morals are illustrated by him going on the ticket with Trump. But there is no reason to believe he is insane.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies